"Long Story Short"

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That's about the stupidest phrase I've ever heard. You know it's gonna be a long ass story, because they say "long story short" about 5 times during their story.

I had a job at the end of the day. The person wasn't prepared for me, and I wanted to tell them to clean up and I'll come back later...but I was way out in the middle of nowhere to make another trip back there. So I bit my tongue and spent the extra time there. In the meantime, I asked a question about something that was different at their house, and I heard the whole Long Story Short explanation

It should be :hopeless:"Short job Long":hopeless:

Able 1

Name
Keith
I had a PITA on Friday as well, last job.. Well, it wasn't the last job at first. This lady had a window scheduled from 4:30-5:30 we were running ahead of schedule so there was already a half hour sit around time.. When I pulled into her driveway at 4:30 I got a message from the office that she wasn't going to be there till 5:30.:angry: So we called our 6;00 and they said sure come over.

Towards the end of the 6:00 job we filled in I get a call from the office(I would post the whole conversation,but my phone won't post pics here), saying she is pissed because SHE arrived within the time window. :lol:

We told her we would be there between 6-7, then she said it needs to be after 6:30 because she has to run to costco.. :hopeless:

Reactions: BIG WOOD

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Guy called last night! Do you do emergency service???

My mom urinated on her bed!

I said at 630 after my shower it would be a $250 minimum to go out that late.

He said come over you can do a room and a couch to?

I'm like I'm not doing that all tonight!

I'll come at 7 am before my first job

Get there ends up being two mattresses, two sofas, love seat, chase lounge, chair and ottoman. 3 bedrooms hall steps and

Two little piss rats peeing on everything!

4 hours $640 later, my son had to go do the 8-10 I had booked.

He wasn't thrilled. Pisses and moans the hole time until he's off!

The guy, customer on the piss job, states half way thru the Cleaning how he has the ability to make or break anybody on Yelp!

Says I'm doing a great job and should expect a boat load of work!

And do I want to buy two used blowers, he stole from Chavez!

I pass and finished the job!

When do people think maybe I should through this mattress out????

IMG_3291.JPG
IMG_3294.JPG

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Guy called last night! Do you do emergency service???

My mom urinated on her bed!

I said at 630 after my shower it would be a $250 minimum to go out that late.

He said come over you can do a room and a couch to?

I'm like I'm not doing that all tonight!

I'll come at 7 am before my first job

Get there ends up being two mattresses, two sofas, love seat, chase lounge, chair and ottoman. 3 bedrooms hall steps and

Two little piss rats peeing on everything!

4 hours $640 later, my son had to go do the 8-10 I had booked.

He wasn't thrilled. Pisses and moans the hole time until he's off!

The guy, customer on the piss job, states half way thru the Cleaning how he has the ability to make or break anybody on Yelp!

Says I'm doing a great job and should expect a boat load of work!

And do I want to buy two used blowers, he stole from Chavez!

I pass and finished the job!

When do people think maybe I should through this mattress out????

View attachment 73791 View attachment 73792
You just made me enjoy my job a lot more

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
So we called our 6;00 and they said sure come over.

6:00? As in PM? Daaaam, go Keith!

We told her we would be there between 6-7, then she said it needs to be after 6:30 because she has to run to costco..

Holy poop, now 6:30pm! Are they large jobs when that late? Or quick in and outs(minimum $ type). Wait......... Is your first job of the day noon?!:biggrin: If not, that's a long arse day.

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
We got two calls today from landlords(that I have never worked for) asking for me to clean tomorrow.. They were told we are closed on Sunday, one said "what carpet cleaner doesn't work on Sunday" my wife was all too nice! I would have said one that doesn't need to..

Able 1

Name
Keith
6:00? As in PM? Daaaam, go Keith!

Holy poop, now 6:30pm! Are they large jobs when that late? Or quick in and outs(minimum $ type). Wait......... Is your first job of the day noon?!:biggrin: If not, that's a long arse day.
She only had a couple spots and a chair took us 30mins.. The chair and ottoman she has is Awesome, it is made out of some super fabric(she calls it unbrella material) I haven't cleaned before, stuff is great!

I am burnt out, I need another guy!!

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
"Get there ends up being two mattresses, two sofas, love seat, chase lounge, chair and ottoman. 3 bedrooms hall steps and

Two little piss rats peeing on everything!"

That's why I dread working in those "emergencies" They always want more done "to make my trip worthwhile"

They don't understand I squeezed them into a tight schedule.

Unless it's a great customer, I'll be there in two weeks. I know it sounds arrogant but I get tired of being taken advantage of.

Name
Nate W.
Mom tells me we have our Cousin's job to do across the street from our shop.. We should be done in 2 hours..............5 hours later... And I told her to give them a discount on the job to make our Cousin look better... Fook meeeeeee! $1,100 job only charged $550...

We started at 4:30pm packed up at 9:30pm... Only 1,700sf and 22 stairs of carpet that wicked like a MF... Warehouse offices that weren't ever cleaned... Next time I'll Encap it and say fook it... I didn't look at the job.. The only positive side of it was they had a check waiting upon completion...

Reactions: Able 1

Able 1

Name
Keith
My boy is going to work tomorrow morning.. He want's me to pull him and his friend around the lake tubing...

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
When I work I usually wear my Bluetooth head set and listen to music. I do this for a few reasons.

1. Ear protection when I need to work near my Tm.

2. It makes it easier to ignore a chatty customer when I need to get work done. It's actually very effective. I don't wear them usually when in an occupied home. But there are times when people want to have a conversation about their beer making methods, and I need to get the job done. Other times are when I'm working in assisted living facilities or apartment complexes and the residents want to come up and tell me how good looking I am. You would think I never tire of this, but it's actually quite distracting. Sometimes I have my ear buds in and I'm not listening to anything. I just pretend.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
"Get there ends up being two mattresses, two sofas, love seat, chase lounge, chair and ottoman. 3 bedrooms hall steps and

Two little piss rats peeing on everything!"

That's why I dread working in those "emergencies" They always want more done "to make my trip worthwhile"

They don't understand I squeezed them into a tight schedule.

Unless it's a great customer, I'll be there in two weeks. I know it sounds arrogant but I get tired of being taken advantage of.
Bait and switch! Seems we're always the ones getting baited :hopeless:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
IMG_3292.JPG

When I work I usually wear my Bluetooth head set and listen to music. I do this for a few reasons.

1. Ear protection when I need to work near my Tm.

2. It makes it easier to ignore a chatty customer when I need to get work done. It's actually very effective. I don't wear them usually when in an occupied home. But there are times when people want to have a conversation about their beer making methods, and I need to get the job done. Other times are when I'm working in assisted living facilities or apartment complexes and the residents want to come up and tell me how good looking I am. You would think I never tire of this, but it's actually quite distracting. Sometimes I have my ear buds in and I'm not listening to anything. I just pretend.

My hearing impaired helper does that to!

I need a discount!

He just smiles and laughs.

Reactions: Nomad74

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom