"Love you bye..."

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The things people say without thinking of it....

Guy calls to complain about a service job. Our guys missed something other than what was wrong when it was brought in. They should have checked more carefully, our mistake for sure. In any event, the company owner called and really let me have it.

It was the usual routine of what downtime costs, his trust that my guys would look behind the stated problem for anything else, how could they be so careless, how could I let this happen, his diminished respect for them, my company, me.....

Its all good. People need to vent. And we did drop the ball.

Then, after one last particular bitter shot he said:

"Love you bye..."

As it came out of his mouth, he knew he was in his automatic mode of how he says goodbye to his wife I'm sure. There was a long, embarassed pause.

But after the drubbing I took, I couldn't resist:

I said: "I'm really glad, after all of that, that you still love me..."

He just laughed...and apologized for being a d*ck on the phone with me prior to that point.

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Now it's all about what pronoun he calls you to be sure of his intentions : )

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
My truck is in the shop at my disty. They called me twice yesterday to inform me they couldn’t get it out yesterday. I told them I didn’t do residential, so no biggie. Angie there knows I love her. It doesn’t matter if its
there, or at my Sam’s pharmacy and store, or local Braum’s Dairy store, courtesy goes a Long ways! Being an old man has advantages 😃

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I've mistakenly said "I Love you" to my female dispatcher. I responded with the Opps! and we both laughed.
A married female customer recently said, "I love you" after she paid me. I think I just ignored it as well as her other flirtations.

In your tech's defense Jim--- was the undisclosed problem something easily discovered during the primary repair or was the customer expecting him to be a mind reader?

Reactions: Mikey P

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
I just got a haircut, it was not a pleasurable experience...
Whenever I get hit in the head-- I Think about Rodney King and the beating he received from LAPD--
Oh wait the cops were deemed innocent-- So I guess it was a deep-tissue massage he got. :eekk::lol:😢

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I've mistakenly said "I Love you" to my female dispatcher. I responded with the Opps! and we both laughed.
A married female customer recently said, "I love you" after she paid me. I think I just ignored it as well as her other flirtations.

In your tech's defense Jim--- was the undisclosed problem something easily discovered during the primary repair or was the customer expecting him to be a mind reader?

Not easily seen, but something I specifically require to be checked after every job.

Mechanics sometimes make the mistake of thinking they know more than the boss.

Funny story aside, it won't happen again.

Mikey P

Administrator
PXL_20230613_165204912~2.jpg

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
Years ago, I was texting a client and my girlfriend at the time at the same time. Accidentally texted, "Miss and love you" and sent it to the client. The client had a good sense of humor and fired off, "Miss you too sugartits".
Funny, that's how I have you entered in my cell phone, Sugartits Hooledink

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
No…his wife is in charge and belittles him. Jim
He must belittle his wife too.
Now it seems you are in a bromance for sure now :
no. His wife is in charge and belittles him. Jim was used to let out his manhood that he is Not allowed to let out to is wife or else his wife will put him back in his place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom