LPG Heaters

rick imby

Name
Rick
Mikey P said:
not too mention a non advertiser was allowed to challenge and cause potential harm to a paying banner advertiser..

What is the main purpose of the forum?

If this interaction between these two highly knowledgeable Truckmount builders isn't the best use of this forum then Orville Redenbacker didn't like popcorn..

Mr Oxley and Mr Jones and Mr Savage Too, thank you for the outstanding illuminating and civilized discussion.

I learned a ton from the discussion---That is why I read---

Rick

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
You're welcome.

As I mentioned, my intent was not to discredit Les. He has a valid view- of Little Giants. And obviously, he has an affinity for them that goes beyond simply using them, since he or his family have been instrumental in their design. So I can certainly understand where he's coming from, I think.

Today (We're open on Saturdays a half- day) I was at work when a customer came in who had relevance to this discussion. I built him a Dominator a few days ago out of used parts I stripped from a Prochem Blazer. (The motor was new, but most of the rest wasn't, so it classifies as "reconditioned", in my book.)

Anyway, the heater coil I used was one that I got from a friend for free, basically. And it was a boiler. I have no idea who made it, but I know it wasn't one of the 4 manufacturers I've used before, because of the way it was wound at the top in particular and the fact that the outer shell was riveted- not welded.

It would only deliver 220 ATW. And that was at 500 PSI on the system / 300 PSI ATW. I'm not sure what makes that coil less efficient, but it is. (The burner, jets and gas valve are all new.) We ran it for about an hour and once it got to 225. Here is a picture I took of the customer, wand in hand, checking the gauge. (He was tickled, by the way...)

DSCN2155.jpg

DSCN2154.jpg

On the coils we use now, that came system would easily deliver 250 ATW, since the pressure is lower than our standard.

So it just goes to show you that all coils are not the same, speaking of "pressure washer heaters".

By the way... Here is a look at his system:

DSCN2145.jpg

DSCN2152.jpg

Hey, Mikey, this coming week, I'll put some things up for auction here...

Mikey P

Administrator
rick imby said:
[quote="Mikey P":zchf8gmu]not too mention a non advertiser was allowed to challenge and cause potential harm to a paying banner advertiser..

What is the main purpose of the forum?

If this interaction between these two highly knowledgeable Truckmount builders isn't the best use of this forum then Orville Redenbacker didn't like popcorn..

Mr Oxley and Mr Jones and Mr Savage Too, thank you for the outstanding illuminating and civilized discussion.

I learned a ton from the discussion---That is why I read---

Rick[/quote:zchf8gmu]

Rick, what you read and what you learned is the very purpose of MB.
My sarcastic remark was based on the fact that you wont see interactions like this on other forums.

Go pick on a *** or ICS advertiser to the level that Duane hounds Les and watch what happens.

you're welcome.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
"hounds"...?

By responding to a post with a different view, with a differing view of my own...?

And respectfully, at that...

Mikey P

Administrator
Come on Duane, it doesn't take a martian to see that you've been hijacking his/judson threads since Les found the boards two years ago.

It's all good, any press is good press.

As long as you are enjoying your freedoms here.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Ummm. Mike.

I've maybe posted on 5 (let's just say 10 for the sake of being inclusive) threads he's posted on, after his post.

How many threads has he posted on...? With over 900 posts, I'm guessin that he's posted on 500 or more threads.

If your definition of "hijacking" is to post on the same thread as someone before you with a different view, then you need to look at that definition again, because it gets in the way of open discussion.

You don't need to "protect" Les from me. I'm very sure: a.) He doesn't need it. b.) He can take care of himself. c.) I'm not "after" him.

As I said above, he's one of the good guys, the way I see it. He doesn't go around copying what other people do. He has his own path. (Unlike many supplier / manufacturers who do their best to copy the latest thing out and call it their own.) He'll spend a lot of time on the phone with someone, even though he might know that they are just calling to talk and not buy in the near future. And overall, in public, he keeps negative comments about things he knows about specific suppliers and products, etc., out of the public eye. (I know this from something he revealed to me in our conversation about a particular "national" system, that he has never mentioned here. And I respect that.)

So, I'm not blowing smoke when I say he's a good guy.

And Hell, I hardly know him. I'm guessing that if we got together for food and drink, I'd know him better and like him more.

And vice versa.

So, "No.", I'm not "after" Les.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if I don't like someone, I simply ignore them. To do otherwise is a drain... a waste of effort.

I can't say it any plainer than I just did.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Hey, Mike...

Someone starts a thread, asking about a truck mount- related topic. By starting that thread, he's inviting response.

Les responds.

Then I respond.

Are you of the opinion that whoever responds first "owns" the thread and that whoever responds afterward is "hijacking" it?

It kinda seems that way.

Les starts a thread. By starting that thread, he's inviting response. Then I come in and post on it, taking it to a new direction that suits my purposes and basically has no relation to the intent of the thread. THAT's my definition of hijacking.

Les starts a thread. By starting that thread, he's inviting response. He posts some statements that I know to be in error in some way, or, I have a different opinion of. So I post in direct response, without changing the topic. THAT's "discussion".

It's a lot like if Les and I... Tell you what, let's take the focus off of "us", because this is tedious and we're really talking in principles that apply to people in general... right?

So, anyway, the bulletin board thing is like a person standing on a street corner, talking. If no one else is there, then it's like when they start a thread. They just make a statement, ask a question, etc.

If no one responds, it's kinda weird, doncha think?

But along comes this other person, who hears what was said, and responds. It may be in agreement, or it may not. Then someone else comes by and does the same. Pretty soon you have a group of people standing on the sidewalk, having a discussion.

Surely, in the interest of dialogue and learning differing views, you don't examine the comments of all the people in the group and say, "Hey! You're not agreeing! This other guy spoke first. He has "dibs" on this conversation. So you can't disagree with what was said!".

Or do you?

Mikey P

Administrator
Was that a question or an answer? :?

Lets be honest here Duane.
You and Les are basically after the same market share, right?
Home grown, no frills units with plenty of gusto.

Paint the picture of how you "contribute" to threads with the word Judson in them how ever you want.

Just keep in mind he is paying for your palette and brush.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
alright i will try 230 -250 will post my opinion soon
i guess i'll have to buy a pair of gloves to wear because
that wand is goin to be hot

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Mikey P said:
You and Les are basically after the same market share, right?
Home grown, no frills units with plenty of gusto.

Sniff... sniff.

Why, Miguel, that's the nicest thing I've ever heard you say about me.

I'm deeply honoured.

Can I use that as my slogan here when I get that ad?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom