LVP floor needs stripping of MopnGlow

Mikey P

Administrator
Is there any reason to worry about leaving the floor wet for a while? Shouldn't the glue be as durable as whats used under VCT?

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
From what I've read the LVT shouldn't stay wet for long. On one of the websites that you posted... end of the world or something post...but what do I know!

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Through the years I've had the misfortune of stripping Mop & Glo a few times. It's a bear! Traditional commercial floor finishes normally contain metal cross-links (usually zinc). And traditional floor strippers attack the metal cross-link. Guess what? Mop & Glo doesn't contain metal cross-links. So floor stripper can't attack it and break it down. Mop & Glo will break down with a horrendous amount of effort. But I've found it's one of the toughest finishes to strip. The junk was made for Sally Homemaker to spiff up her kitchen floor. But it was never intended to be removed. It's a terrible product!

Mikey P

Administrator
Rick I have stripped it from stone and tile countless times with just Zep stripper, and a decent amount of scrubbing. I tested an area by hand with some ACE brand stuff and a black pad and it came off. Took two attempts though as the LVP has faux wood grain.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Rick I have stripped it from stone and tile countless times with just Zep stripper, and a decent amount of scrubbing. I tested an area by hand with some ACE brand stuff and a black pad and it came off. Took two attempts though as the LVP has faux wood grain.

You're a brave and resourceful man Mike. Normally floor stripping is fairly straightforward. Apply a good stripper, give it some dwell time, and scrub it. The stripper usually emulsifies the finish thoroughly, and the old finish dissolves into liquid. Wrestling is not normally required. With Mop & Glo, it takes a lot more effort to get the job done. No fun!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom