Marketing Girl

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Or "Director" but "girl/woman" director, you get the picture.

I'm looking to bring a marketing pro on board, not really a salesman, but someone who focuses on marketing and networking.

Who has hired one?
Your experience(s)?
How you do establish the pay rate?
Do they do just sales, just marketing, or both?
Can the person work from home?

Any other helpful info, will be appreciated.

Bill

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Hey Bill,

As far as a sales person commission will be your best bet. If they want to eat, they're going to sell. Since you use service monster and you're able to track your marketing efforts you could do a % of any marketing they develop as well. If they're designing flyers, postcards, newsletters create a campaign in service monster for that particular piece, track the amount of revenue generated and then pay a percentage accordingly.

Could they work from home ? You could print lists off and have them cold call, and design marketing from a home office. But I think it would benefit you to require them to hit the streets as well. If you're really going to want to take this avenue don't forget to create a system for it. Planning, design, final product, implement, gather data, repeat or make new. This is so you have consistency, or a control to see what is working and what isn't. Have a bi-weekly sales meeting once things get going. A true sales person that cares will want to know how they're doing with real numbers they can see and look at. Don't forget goals!!

Any commercial accounts they're able to obtain they should make residual income from that. They could manage those accounts themselves, with follow up and general communication. The technician(s) and this person should be in contact with how the cleanings are going, and any recommendations they have to better serve the client. Cleaning more often, HWE more, or adding another encap cleaning to the common areas for better appearance, ect ect.

Be sure to find someone that isn't offended by the word "NO".

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Careful of being gender specific...they have laws against that in some states. !gotcha!

If it's "marketing" it shouldn't matter ...if it's "sales" then I can see how a female would be easier to speak with.

Have you thought about outsourcing your marketing? They have companies out there for that. If you can find the right person or company you don't have to hire them on. You can put them on a contract or just pay a commission if the sales are trackable.

A marketing person is going to be tough to pay a commission in my opinion.
A sales person is getting specific jobs and is easier to track.

I would hook up with a company that is able to get your business name out there. You'll have to do some research.

If you do hire someone to do your marketing, you may have to pay them a salary or a % off the top of total income (because marketing will effect that)....the more the company makes, the less the starting %.

Hope this helps.

PS. the good thing about paying a salary is you can have her do follow up calls, reminder calls, inspections (pre and post), cold calling as a sales person...you get the idea.

Back
Top Bottom