Matress Cleaning

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
I do a few of these. Body fats, blood noses, period blood, pet / human pee. Fun times.

But they are really quick so they pay terrific.

I use enzyme pre-spray, pH 10 and some oxy powder together. Mix super hot and apply really heavy on any pee. Mist over body fats and yellowing with ammonia based protein spotter. Agitate it all in with horse hair and dwell 15 minutes.

Then rinse really hot. I generally use the Steam Chamber because it’s so much faster and gets so hot. Some jobs the ShearDry is better.

What do you do to get good results?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We use Prochem's Fine Fabric as a precondition agitate with a horse hair brush and rinse with All Fiber Rinse. Sapphire Upholstery Tool cleans without over wetting.

* Check the dyes on all mattresses including the boxes. They weren't designed to be cleaned, so the dyes can be weak. Too high a ph, too much agitation, excessive rinsing may damage or remove color on some fabrics.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I generally say no or refer them, by the time someone wants their mattress cleaned my charge is more than the dirty scuzzy thing is worth.

The exception is some of the hotels and motels I look after that check the mattress between each guest. Decon30 prespray, light mix of decon30 in spotting machine rinse, HP spotter mist if neccessary, in and out less than 20min with a minimium charge.

Last edited:

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I do about the same as Grant upholstery pre spray loaded with peroxide for pee and protein based stains!

Rinse with upholstery pro and last step!

Or any all fiber rinse drop a dry pod and boom it’s done

Reactions: GeeeAus

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
I do a few of these. Body fats, blood noses, period blood, pet / human pee. Fun times.

But they are really quick so they pay terrific.

I use enzyme pre-spray, pH 10 and some oxy powder together. Mix super hot and apply really heavy on any pee. Mist over body fats and yellowing with ammonia based protein spotter. Agitate it all in with horse hair and dwell 15 minutes.

Then rinse really hot. I generally use the Steam Chamber because it’s so much faster and gets so hot. Some jobs the ShearDry is better.

What do you do to get good results?

If you rinse hot, would that set the blood into fibers?

Reactions: GeeeAus

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
What are your thoughts on cleaning memory foam? We currently don not.
Provided your not dousing it in prespray I'd PRESUME it would be "ok" the reason I don't like doing mattresses are the soiling on them are generally biological and deep within the foam. Easier to get biologicals out of carpet and pad IMO

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And just think of those IDIOTS who allow their DOGS to sleep with them!
Talk about a peetry dish!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Isn't freaking Nebraska, the puppy mill capital of America?

Can anybody here guarantee that Ludo ain't one of them puppy mill owners?

Reactions: Mikey P

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
IF you do loads of bedding, partitions and flat upholstered surfaces this tool ROCKS.

It is NO GOOD as a GENERAL PURPOSE tool.

But IF you clean beds etc, get one.

image.jpg

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
@Mikey P the jizz I’m pretty sure is protein. But ammonia can still turn tgis into soap that water will rinse out.

I mostly find body oils turn the mattress yellow. Just simple sebaceous secretion from the skin .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom