"Monkey Pad" Tech-Bidding-Inspection Support

D

DANA KOTHRADE

I spoke with Ron Lippold today. He's been making tons of money polishing marble with our new "Monkey Pads". He also told me that tons of people were calling him with all kinds of great questions. I started this thread to help Ron stay off the phone and stay focused on making money and to help anyone who wants to start making money polishing marble with "Monkey Pads".

The "monkey Pads" do make polishing and honing of marble, travertine and limestone very, very simple but there are a million different questions out there and I want to make sure you all have the best answers possible.

Bottom line is, the easier I can make it for you, the more money you'll make polishing marble.

I'll start by posting our 6 minute training video below and then any questions relating to technical issues, how to perform a proper inspection or how to bid a job will be answered here as quickly as possible.

So if you already know how big the opportunities are and want to maximize your profitability and mitigate risk and wasted time... This is your "Monkey Pad" support area.

a]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWsr209S0W8a]

Name
Ron lippold
I have done 3 jobs so far and man im thrilled I have one on monday and on the following week I will post pictures. Man this is easy money.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Glad it's working out for you Ron. Are you seeing any marble slurry on the lower grits?. What kind of machine do you have?.

Albert

Name
Ron lippold
I have a weighted 175 hawk floor machine I also have two 25 pound weights that i put on it. for the corners I use a 7 in makita variable speed use that for the counter tops also

Name
Ron lippold
if i had a cimex i could tell ya but that 175 with the weights gets her done pretty fast. with the first 3 pads you get a pretty good slurry built up job goes pretty easy.

John dont you hate hard surfaces

Mikey P

Administrator
I used my 400 grit on a dark grey Limestone shower stall yesterday.

Go off all the soap scum and hard water build up.

Put some enhancer on it and pow!

Just like new.

Bob Foster

Does anyone have any pictures or video of a 3 head Cimex working with Monkey pads?

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
If honing is required are you masking walls to protect from slurry splatter?

If just polishing, do you still mask walls?

What grit are you typically starting with? What grit is low enough to remove typical scratches & traffic wear?

Have you ever honed or polished with powders? Have you done any side by side tests powders vs Monkey's?

I see the advantages of using Monkeys while polishing, but I am not sure when it comes to honing, a $5 hogs hair pad + $20 for a 2 lb. container of honing powder vs the $75 for a monkey pad has me wondering wheres the big savings are, is it 4X faster? We use TOG's no-acidic honing powders so I am just trying to compare the 2 methods.

Name
Ron lippold
i made a skirt for betsy and being very low water usage not to messy and real easy clean up im not restoring floors just making them pretty. I have used powders and paste and this is much easier for me

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I have a weighted 175 hawk floor machine I also have two 25 pound weights that i put on it.

Bingo, sounds like it adds up to close to 200lbs. That's probably why you're getting good results.

Albert

Mikey P

Administrator
Albert Lazo said:
I have a weighted 175 hawk floor machine I also have two 25 pound weights that i put on it.

Bingo, sounds like it adds up to close to 200lbs. That's probably why you're getting good results.

Albert

175 is the rotation speed Albert, not the weight. :roll:

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
175 is the rotation speed Albert, not the weight.

Yeah, I was thinking the stone machines come in at about 150lbs, add the 50 = 200. My bad though, seems Ron's machine comes in at 120 lbs. Add the 50 and you got 170. That's still some decent weight that should make a difference in getting the pads to bite.

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom