Monkey Pads

Scott

Anybody tried them out yet? I see Greg Trigiero has a testimonial on their site and he's good for his word.

Some questions if you're familiar with it:

1) Does it do a better job than Stone Tech's powders/pastes?
2) Is it faster than Stone Tech's system?
3) How long do the pads last?

Thanks all.

Mikey P

Administrator
I tried them at Connections on the demo floor where we went form very etched marble to perfect shine with out any use of chemicals.

The whole system ( if you want to call it that) is so much more fool proof than the alternatives that for guys like you and me Scooter it really makes sense.
Will it fix lippage? No but because the pads flex the potential window paining will be much less the with a rigid diamond pad.
No nasty, messy chems, easy clean up, no weighted floor machine needed.

Make sure to be here on the 15th for our Greenhorn session.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Hey Mike,

You had talked about using an OP with these. Did they use weights on any the machines demo'd? I tried powder polishing with the OP today with 35 lbs (actually D.Gelinas worked it) of weight and it did not work nearly as well or as easily as the 175.

Tile Nerd

My experience has been that OP machines work well with powder polishing but not powder honing because of the lack of weight. Interesting that MikeyP watched the OP machine perform well with these pads honing & polishing. I wonder how would they perform with the OP machine on a traffic lanes with heavy wear with scratches, and the cost effectiveness at $375 for 5 pads.

I can powder hone and polish (2 steps) with great clarity and low risk. No need to neutralize with TOG's "Outshine"; just add water, polish, rinse and move on. I know the steps are supposed to be faster with the Monkey pads but how consistant to the perform across the stone on the average floor with minor lippage.

I've got a terrazzo job coming up on a 50 year old floor with some wax on it that would being an interesting test for this. The floor was pour down with no seems or joints so it's completely flat.

D

DANA KOTHRADE

Hey Wayne,

The monkey pads last 2,000-5000 sq.ft. with little to no lippage (1-4 cents per ft is your cost) They will not window pane the floor and work great removing wear patterns even with the OP machine if you start with the right grit.

Dana Kothrade

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom