Monkeying around with marble

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Help...................

I have been asked about refinishing marble, and the words "Monkey Pads" popped into me noggin.

Can someone please give me the guts on them.

Sorry, Yankee talk........ tell me all about them, how they are best used, on what type of floor, etc;

I believe (think), they can be use under my 'Mex; ??

If so, do I need to use additional weights. ??

Much appreciated.

Ooroo,

:(

PS ::: I had a quick squiz (look = Captain Cook), on their website and see that they have 8" for a Cimex, but no price.

I only had a quickie there so I'll be back tonight after I've had some tucker.

Name
Ron lippold
it will be way cheaper going with the 175 just follow the steps its a little time consuming but results are fantastic.

SFC

We just studied this on IICRC course on tile and stone.

I guess monkeying around would mean that the shine has gone from the marble.

At swing machine 1.5 hp 175 rpm machine is the recommended choice. There are new pads and polishes. Search for them online or talk to a supplier. I was absolutely amazed with the results we got with that machine.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
SFC said:
We just studied this on IICRC course on tile and stone.

I guess monkeying around would mean that the shine has gone from the marble.

At swing machine 1.5 hp 175 rpm machine is the recommended choice. There are new pads and polishes. Search for them online or talk to a supplier. I was absolutely amazed with the results we got with that machine.

Actually Kevin, I was referring to Monkey Pads.

Some time back I was reading pretty good stuff about them for restoring marble floors as well as other types of flooring and counter/bench tops.

They appeared to get a pretty good rap from a lot of people at the time.

Judging by some of the (private & public) replies I have had, some people are/were, not impressed by them.

But others love them.

Sometimes one must tweak things to get the best results from a product.

I have always been one to 'ave a go ya mug' at something different.

Monkey Pads is something that I am 'gonna 'ave a go at'.

Thanks for your input.

Ooroo,

:roll:

PS ::: Thanks also for the very helpful & informative information that has been sent to me, I shall take you up on your kind offer in the near future. :wink:

BUSY BEE

Shorty, just to inform you this isn't the correct way to restore stone. Resin diamond pads are what u need to do the job. I dont care what the other guys on here say, they'll keep defending Monkey Pads until they run into a customer who actually knows stone and they're gonna be in for a world of hurt. If your serious about stone call Reg Pinto at MB Stone in Australlia, if yer looking to make quick money and don't care use Monkey pads.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
BUSY BEE said:
Shorty, just to inform you this isn't the correct way to restore stone. Resin diamond pads are what u need to do the job. I dont care what the other guys on here say, they'll keep defending Monkey Pads until they run into a customer who actually knows stone and they're gonna be in for a world of hurt. If your serious about stone call Reg Pinto at MB Stone in Australlia, if yer looking to make quick money and don't care use Monkey pads.

I agree.

Also, you can hook with a stone guy in your area Shorty. Either sub the work out or get a percentage from the work.

Gary T

I completely agree with the above 2 posts. Look up Reg, he'll point you in the right direction.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom