mop n glo

mmarkovic

I started out with flex citrus and the ten inch crb. I swithed to the buffer and a carbide brush and got better results.

Went back with viper renew and worked the grout lines more and ran the buffer again.

Still had the topical aroind the edges but each pass got better.

I finally used some stripper and stiffer brushes. Its drying now.

Mike lol it looked clear to me.

Hasn't anyone heard of using a spinner?? Turbo-Hybrid, SX12, or the 5 other spinner tools out there? Rotovac has the 360i and XL with a nylagrit brush built into a spinning head that delivers both agitation high temp rinse and vacuum all at the same time. Who wants to work so hard? I've been doing hard surface 18 of my 28 years and rarely if ever bring a floor machine or any abrasive pads into any of my residential or commercial jobs. For me it's about heat pressure and correct chemistry.

mmarkovic

Steve, Consi der instead of working so hard to make porous previously stained grout to look brand new you will find much better result and far better protection from color sealing the grout. Using penetrating sealers will only reduce porosity for future spills etc. If you apply a coating that makes the grout uniform in color, stops porosity and keeps soils from getting trapped in the sandy texture of the grout you'll never have to do a restorative cleaning again. I do these kinds of jobs every day and make a lot more income than cleaning carpet.

Attachments

• 20140409_135252.jpg
    20140409_135252.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 240

mmarkovic

Your opened this post with "Mop & Glow" Do you know if that is what you're dealing with ? if it is Mop and Glow is a water based hybrid urethane so it is striped fastest using an aggressive acrylic stripper to soften then use high pressure done cold not hot. That is the secret to keeping the product from gelling up and hardening again. The fastest but less desirable is to use a gel paint stripper. A hassle to keep it off painted and plastic surfaces or laminates and veneers while it's eating up the coating but I'd rather do my best to remove grime and then just color seal over the splotchy or inconsistent colored grout. Soooo much faster and cleaner looking as well. You can change the grout color to exactly what you want.
I use a product that is quite tenacious and has not failed on the thousands of jobs I've sealed over 18 years now. It looks natural as well without looking "painted".20140922_092135.jpg P1020361.JPGAdd or reduce character.jpg Stripping whitewash7.JPG

Reactions: todg

todg

Name
Michael Marcus
Your opened this post with "Mop & Glow" Do you know if that is what you're dealing with ? if it is Mop and Glow is a water based hybrid urethane so it is striped fastest using an aggressive acrylic stripper to soften then use high pressure done cold not hot. That is the secret to keeping the product from gelling up and hardening again. The fastest but less desirable is to use a gel paint stripper. A hassle to keep it off painted and plastic surfaces or laminates and veneers while it's eating up the coating but I'd rather do my best to remove grime and then just color seal over the splotchy or inconsistent colored grout. Soooo much faster and cleaner looking as well. You can change the grout color to exactly what you want.
I use a product that is quite tenacious and has not failed on the thousands of jobs I've sealed over 18 years now. It looks natural as well without looking "painted".View attachment 11710 View attachment 11711View attachment 11712 View attachment 11713
Well......................................................It's still topical? LOL

steve_64

Im not an expert but I assume mop n glo. It had that caramel coloring and was hard like acrylic.

The stripper I used worked best. The grout lines are not as bright as id like but I dont want to color seal it.

I sealed the grout already and put the baseboards back on. Its not perfect but wayyyy better than it was. Ill tackle it again next winter or cover it with the LVT ive put in the other rooms.

I realize now I like carpet cleaning better lol. Ill take on some tile jobs but ill be picky.

Now to get this wood floor done in my living room. This wont be an add on!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom