moving tm

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
I am going to be moving my tm into a trailer. I need a good idea for a place to put the propane tank. Since I have the belly tank, I'm not really sure of the ground clearance as of yet.

FYI the trailer will have a nose cone on the front.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
if its a belly tank it mounts horizontal correct...put it across the front of the A bracket for the trailer...

i have my gas tank mounted there...and i have my 20lb tank in the trailer, being as its only the 20lb i switch them out rather then mount it and try to keep it filled

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Ditch the nose cone if it will interfere with mounting the fuel tanks on the tongue. Don't even consider putting any volatile fuel tanks in the interior of the trailer, unless it is an open trailer, which I doubt (having a nosecone and all).

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Vincent;

The A-frame in the front of the trailer is the safest location for the propane tank....

Do whatever it takes to mount it there !

Larry Cobb

Jimbo

Vince...I used to take my ski boat out to the lake every afternoon with my cc van...got really good at backing up a trailer...then I tried running my mount out of trailer...and it was horrible.

Sometimes I had to park on the street and run a couple hundred more feet of hose because the driveway was too steep...the kicker was trying to back up when it was icy...even a slight incline was impossible to go up...I went back to a van after about 6 months in a trailer.

It sure did not work out well for me.- Jim

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Jim,

I pulled doubles and triple trailers for about 5 yrs. Its even safe to say I have driven backwards more miles than some people have driven forward.
Pulling a trailer does not bother me in the least.

I have 2 vans now. I am getting tight in my older age and want a vehicle to drive that doesn't smell of chems. Besides I would rather feed fuel into one instead of two, especially when one sits alot.

Mikey,

People around here don't think anything about a contractor pulling a trailer. Besides I am having a wrap designed for it now.

Larry,
Thanks

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
I've run a trailer for a little over 3 years now. Phoenix is the perfect place to run one. That being said, I can't wait to have a van in Lincoln.

Becker

Name
Becker
I'd not be able to get away with runninng a trailer here.

Sometimes I have a hard time finding a place for the van.

Guys I've talked to that used trailers then went to a van would never go back to a trailer.

But.. Shawn nailed it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom