Multi-Truck Product Selection

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
All of our customer service people have actually cleaned carpet . . .

Ray ran a carpet cleaning operation with ~20 trucks at one time . . .

Marie wants to clean our showroom carpet with the new CX-15 . . .

Ike still cleans some on the weekends . . .

The current PowerMax fragrance is a blend of the new "fruit slice" and the old original fragrance.

No performance ingredients have been altered.

Larry

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I just love using Grease Eraser on all synthetic carpets, residential and commercial, just vary the concentration according to the situation. It's effective and totally safe to use and breathe in and customers never complain about the odor (there is none). I do not trust any other prespray on the market to not be toxic, and that is my main concern because I don't want to die from this work, and you should be most concerned about the health of your employees if only for pragmatic economic reasons. .

Having used Grease Eraser exclusively for the last 3 months, I have to say that I am totally OBSESSED with it.

It completely MELTS through everything I have come across.

With a little 40vol kicker it continues to amazes me on every job.

Reactions: Art Kelley
Name
Andy McFadden
The interesting thing on this job, I had cleaned it regular for 5 years and never was happy with the results, I tried several products methods and combo methods, Just one of those carpets we get once in a blue moon that wont clean up well no matter what. This is the best I ever got and so easy (one pass cleaning)

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Cobbs, no need for anything else.

Main prespray - Stainresist
Subsurface - Odor Attack

Reactions: Larry Cobb
Name
Marcus
Flex powder with citrus solve for tile works great
Flex powder and grease eraser combo for resturants and homes
Tried other stuff this seams to work best wo sticky recoilingrecoiling

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
The last Cobbs stuff I ordered I told them I want the original fragrance. It has original fragrance written with pen on the lid. I opened it up and my shop was blasted with that fruit crap smell. I hate the fruit stuff. The custys like it but I hate it.
I still think it out cleans everything.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Adam maybe your just wrong this time, I mean if "original scent" was written on the bucket then it just had to be the original scent! The writing made it official.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
I really, REALLY wish Cobbs was able to adopt a policy of shipping out their chem orders within 24 hours of receipt, and automatically send shipping/tracking info via email, instead of what seems to be their norm of 2-4 days to get an order out, unfortunately, under MOST circumstances.

I don't think it's too unrealistic to desire in this day and age, especially when even most "little guys" seem to have no problem accomplishing it, and all the major carriers make shipping integration a breeze.

I really hate waiting while being totally in the dark regarding an orders status.

Reactions: Kipp

Kipp

Name
kip
I really, REALLY wish Cobbs was able to adopt a policy of shipping out their chem orders within 24 hours of receipt, and automatically send shipping/tracking info via email, instead of what seems to be their norm of 2-4 days to get an order out, unfortunately, under MOST circumstances.

I don't think it's too unrealistic to desire in this day and age, especially when even most "little guys" seem to have no problem accomplishing it, and all the major carriers make shipping integration a breeze.

I really hate waiting while being totally in the dark regarding an orders status.

Alot of these guys are in the dark when it comes to technology and don't even realize how much $$ they are leaving on the table by not making it a priority in their business...

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Our order policy is next day shipping . . .

Our freight carrier did lose half of an order last week (4 Drums on a pallet) .

UPS still needs to handle packages better (and we meet with them every week).

Thanks,

Larry

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It has been better..........but far from perfect.........I remember calling and placing an orders and them not coming in ...call and ask about it and it was lost on a desk or just forgotten about....I just got to the point where when the bucket is half gone...place order...that way I have time to find out what happen and get some in before I run out....cant recall ever getting a bad package from UPS.......

hogjowl

Idiot™
One time I got an order about 4 days late and it arrived by some truck line I'd never heard about. I just figured Larry hadn't paid his UPS bill.

It really didn't matter to me, cuz I can afford to order well ahead of time.

Unlike you BD's.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
cant recall ever getting a bad package from UPS.......

I got one years ago (not from anyone/anything here) ...box was smashed
It was obvious something heavy was dropped on it

i never have any issues with Pemberton's shipping.
i order in the morning, and the Big Brown truck drops it's on deck the next day by about 3

..L.T.A.

Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I was using our ServiceMasters Ultra Tlc in powder for and worked great but just went back to Jon Don Grand Slam on residential now that we will no longer be yellow next month, I always liked it.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
What's Pembertons premier carpet prespray?

Prochem Ultrapac and Flex I'd guess ...cause that's what i use, and i use only the best
I know they carry other national brands too

Don't know if they carry any backyard bathtub gin line of chems
I've tried many of those over the years..they're just not consistent enough batch after batch, year after year like the "Big Boys" juices are

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
On a couple occasions my order never shipped until I called a week or 2 later to reorder again.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Prochem Ultrapac and Flex I'd guess ...cause that's what i use, and i use only the best
I know they carry other national brands too

Don't know if they carry any backyard bathtub gin line of chems
I've tried many of those over the years..they're just not consistent enough batch after batch, year after year like the "Big Boys" juices are

..L.T.A.

Don't like Ultrapak. It's liquid, the dilution ratio is too high and it stinks to high heaven.
Exactly the reason I don't buy TCS's chems.

Flex is a good product.

Mike Draper

My very first order in my business was from Cobb. I could only afford to order maybe $85 worth of chemical. I had no idea where to get chemical other than rotovac. Found cobb online. I made the order, showed up about a month later after many phone calls. Best part is, it was the wrong stuff. I sent it back at my own expense and then asked for a refund. I got a refund about 3 weeks later. $85 dollars to me was the difference between feeding my family or not at that time. We had no money. Everyone makes mistakes, I'm sure its better now. I found John just after that. Probably dropped 10k with him this year.

Reactions: hogjowl

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
We just got in a new dehu shipped to us by ups and they smashed it pretty bad cracking the plastic exhaust snout on an evolution.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The more people working the more important you have a top quality product. Only owners are going to take the time to switch when the carpets aren't cleaning as well as they are supposed to. Labor is the expense and will cost more if you try to save on chemicals. Redos aren't free. Here's how I save money. I buy everything from one distrubitor and when it comes time for him to order he calls me and I buy 6 months worth. He cuts my order 15% for buying in bulk.

Gene

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm cheap and I only use what works. used to get Chemspec's whole line delivered to my house at distributor price's formula 90, KO plus,HDSL, hatian powder, prekleen enzall.

I have a distributor local that sells in bulk 20 to 30 percent less then suggested retail.

You have to buy in bulk like $1000.00 at a time which is cases of juice.

I have experienced inconsistencies with a lot of smaller manufacturers. having distributed for Prochem and Chemspec. You know what your getting there.

I feel with all the guys using Cobbs here is why I chose to do business with them and so far I haven't seen any problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm about a cheap as they come, but when it comes to what I work with, I don't necessarily go cheap.

I mainly buy PowerMax because it works.

But it helps that it's a powder (can't see any logical reason to pay for shipping liquids), and it smells nice. (I guess. My nose is burned out from 20 years of the Butyl in Harvards Grime Release Pro.) my customers occasionally comment on PowerMax smelling nice.

Reactions: SamIam
Name
Ralph Pastorelli
I use Harvards Grime Release for about 10 years about 10 years ago and the smell choked one of my techs and customers complained now and then so I added a cheap deodorizer to it to help. I will use Jon Dons version until I find a good power that is as good as ServiceMasters of if I could find who makes it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom