My 1st Color repair job

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
So tonight I tackled my first color repair. Took about 30 min total for both spots.

Dont blast me with its not perfect, i know its not perfect, but for the customers "make it look better" i think i accomplished that. The solvent hadnt evaporated yet so it does look a smidge dark yet but im confident it will dry very close to the way i wanted.
0114161921a.jpg
0114161941.jpg
0112161908.jpg
0114161953.jpg

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
not bad, did you neutralize the bleach. i hated doing it so my kit is in the attic. never could get the hang of it.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
not bad, did you neutralize the bleach. i hated doing it so my kit is in the attic. never could get the hang of it.
yes, both spots were cleaned by me a few days prior and then i still used neutralizer. mixed it up first thing then put it on both spots and let it sit while i got all the rest of my stuff ready.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Pretty good for a first attempt Scott.

Keep at it.

Go to your local carpet stores & get off-cuts of new & used carpet to practice on.

Practice makes near perfect. :lol:

:yoda:
my local carpet distributor does not sell non solutioin dyed nylon, so kinda screwed on that aspect, and even home depot doesnt have samples that are non solution dyed.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
ok, so friday i went back and added some blue, looked better, but could still see just a hint of yellow. suggestions?

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
You did not say what you are using. Asking, because if real dye ,must be real carefull. Too much and you have a dirty looking spot. Hard to remove.
As I understand it with the cosmetics, they can be taken out/corrected with their solvent.

After all that, if you still see yellow, would need a very little / ratio of blue and red. Tread lightly . Very light concentrations.

Reactions: Scott S.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
You did not say what you are using. Asking, because if real dye ,must be real carefull. Too much and you have a dirty looking spot. Hard to remove.
As I understand it with the cosmetics, they can be taken out/corrected with their solvent.

After all that, if you still see yellow, would need a very little / ratio of blue and red. Tread lightly . Very light concentrations.

yes sorry , cmc kit. nice kit, easy to use.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
I am used to using liquid dyes.
I have the CMC from Pro choice. Haven't really tried em yet. Reason for getting them was to see if they could be used to correct some of those purple spots we see on polys, and olefins. Those ones that are not supposed to suffer color loss, But I do see it. Can't use the regular dye on those.
Tried Rit for the heck of it , did not take.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I am used to using liquid dyes.
I have the CMC from Pro choice. Haven't really tried em yet. Reason for getting them was to see if they could be used to correct some of those purple spots we see on polys, and olefins. Those ones that are not supposed to suffer color loss, But I do see it. Can't use the regular dye on those.
Tried Rit for the heck of it , did not take.

try it and let us all know what you think.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
I ment, lets see what rick thinks of the cmc kit once he gets to use it.

I already know mine looks like shit.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones
Is did try em. But I do not have their solvent. Tried using a general solvent to make em work. aThey did not do well for me.
BUT
I am used to liqid dye.

Like I said, my real reason was to try them on fiber that is not dyeable.( more like paintiing),olefin, poly.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Is did try em. But I do not have their solvent. Tried using a general solvent to make em work. aThey did not do well for me.
BUT
I am used to liqid dye.

Like I said, my real reason was to try them on fiber that is not dyeable.( more like paintiing),olefin, poly.
oh, yeah they dont really build very well. The solvent is key. im not sure what type of solvent it is. but sds sheet would say.

Back
Top Bottom