My boss got mad I was solicited for work

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Jobs are opportunities for growth. Whether on the income side or on the personal/professional growth stage. While both are important, it is best to keep an equilibrium between the two.

As an o/o starting up again, I look forward to the day (very soon) that I can grow this business with some good people. That is the really fun part of having employees. It takes a time investment to share that vision. Once you can get everyone on board, business in general becomes a lot of fun on both sides as an owner and employee.

I always worked well when I had a "piece of the pie" incentive. It only makes sense to share that pie and not just the wages it takes to get the job done. Hourly pay has its place but only for a brief moment in time. To work together means all get to share together.

"Good company and good discourse are the very sinews of virtue" Izaak Walton.

I learned a new word today that fits in well with all of this: sinew

Sinew: The source or mainstay of vitality and strength

Keep looking ahead.

Bryan

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I thought it was an old style word for tendons.

It's funny how stuff like that happens.

Some atheist bone-head was complaining about not wanting to participate in prayer in a large gathering. Understandable I guess. He was instructed that the polite thing to do was close his eyes, bow his head, not pray, and then say Amen at the end.

He got all worked up, said that he looked up the word Amen and it meant that you were confirming an oath with solemn ratification.

Amen means truly. That's all. When Jesus said "Truly Truly, I say to you..."

He was saying, "Amen Amen I say to you..."

I find sinew in Ezechiel 37 in the vision of the valley of the dry bones, and it seems that Sinew means tendon. It might mean the definition that you looked up, but I've never heard it defined that way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom