My CDS/APO problem how to fixit and prevent it

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
So I'm starting a new thread because I'm sure I found the problem and the cause for the water in my truck. It's not a leak in the waste tank.
I have an APO flush feature on my CDS where I can go out of the wand out into a pressure connector that leads into the drain line which feeds the APO pump.It is supposed to blow any gunk that came from the tank back into the waste tank so that the pump can do it's thing.
So when I blew out the line to the tank for the first time since I had the truck it might have had so much crud in it, that the water pressure went to the pump instead of into the tank and blew out something that now causes the pump to leak.'
There are two breather lines that go from the top edge of the tank to the pump and that may have been the second cause for water in my truck because I had filled the tank too high when I was soaking it with water and bleach.
So that has to be it and now I could use some advice.
I want to stay operational until I can get the pump replaced.
I am thinking about disconnecting the drain line from the tank at the pump and plug it with a cork and a hose clamp.There is a flywheel and a clutch that I think drives the pump when the APO switch on the control panel is in the on position. I assume that belt does nothing unless the switch is on, right?Should I diconnect the wires on the switch to be on the safe side?
Can I harm anything by disabling the APO setup like that? I can be fine just using the gravity drain valve anyway .Will my tuck still operate with just the line plugged or is there anything else i should do to the machine?
I don't know yet how much the APO pump costs yet, but I'm sure it's not cheap. Is that pump rebuild-able or can I buy a pump that is rebuilt or should I go with a new one. Are there other pumps available that I could substitute?
To prevent that from happening again I have an idea, tell me if that makes any sense.
That flush line goes into the first part of the pump. I was thinking If I could move that connection closer to the tank so that I could fit a shutoff valve behind it, that might protect the pump from future damage when I flush the line out. I would just have to find out what I might need in parts, or if I can even get something that works.
The drain to my APO is in it's own little chamber inside the waste tank and that chamber has a kind of funky filter screen before it ( it's a sheet of stainless with pretty coarse holes in it. But I guess that is not really good enough to protect the pump. Is there some type of modification I can make to that filter?
Anyway.
On Monday I'll talk to LPM in Spokane and I'll know more, but if you guys have any input on this I'd love to hear it.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom