My Groupon Thread...

Chris A

Name
Chris
My groupon is for 3 rooms w/ no furniture moving, for $49. As of 6:55, 12 have been sold, so the deal is on. Since it's Friday its going to run all weekend :shock:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Good luck. Hopefully you will not over sell and have a hard time during the holiday season taking care of your current clients.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
I don't know how many Chris has available but if he sells 50, between him and his 2nd truck they should have no problem getting them all done working them in and if he averages double the price with add-ons and upsells (conservative number me thinks) he will genrate an additional $4500 in revenue, and a nice chunk of future customers.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I find that about 1/4 of the customers call right away. It does depend on if it's a 6 month or 1 year exp date.

50 is really not that much to deal with.

I just did 115 and another 30 or so that called directly....couple thousand hits to the website etc etc etc.

I (Full Circle) scheduled 2 a day out about a month....and it stays out about a month because I get about 2 or 3 calls per day to schedule their deal.

Let us know how it turns out.

Did you restrict your mileage? Square Footage? Anything else?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I see 28 bought. I don't know your area but I would expect around a 100 or so given what you've done already.

6 month exp date. That's what I do as well. But Your calls will come in a little quicker.

"Must be owner Occupied"? ....That's a new one....That might limit sales a bit. IF people read it...Which they often don't.

The "valid for rooms up to 750 sq ft" might get confusing....Not for us...But the customer sees it differently.

Mine will usually say "3 rooms up to 900 sq ft"....People will call and say "I have a voucher for 900 sqft of carpet cleaning"

People read what they want to see. lol

Your headline has it worded correctly but your fine print might lead them to believe they get a little over 2000 sq ft carpet cleaning.

But if you explain it when they contact you and stick to your guns.....It all works out.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Were up to 115code now. We have got a little flak from people thinking that they can have another area if its under 750 ft, nobody has thought they get 2000 ft, yet. The owner occupied thing was a big one for me, I don't want a bunch of people buying the groupon to get their sec. Deposit back. Yee haw!

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Why don't you all just let Chris post what happens and how things are going and not take over this thread with what you think will happen... That goes double for certain people who can't seem to get enough ...of themselves.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Lol, actually I was hoping Brian would help out here, I just noticed the wording at the bottom about the 750 sq ft, that may get us in trouble but hasn't yet. Stephs booked 26 spots total today including our regulars.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I've informed a few customers that Groupon makes some mistakes. Refer them to the headline for clarification.

Hell, Groupon said I did "steam cleaning" even after I told them not to a bunch of times.

People understand....And you're not Walmart so don't worry about having to honor someones wishes that doesn't work with your plan.

"Three-Room Carpet Cleaning of up to 75 Sq. Ft." says it perfectly.

You should be fine.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
After a month or 2 I don't schedule deal jobs on Fridays or Saturdays.

For the money they are saving....They will work with your schedule

Chris A

Name
Chris
Were being very firm on the scheduling, esp to outlying areas, and so far no issues

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cool...That's the easy part of course.

Offering them everything you do when you get there is the biggest part.

Asking them for referrals is huge as well.

I straight up tell them that I do these deals to earn your trust and would like you to tell everyone you know about us once you're completely satisfied....(alter the way you say that either before or after the job is done of course)

Keep these people in your customer base and market to them consistently....That is probably the part most guys won't/don't do.....But THAT's a huge reason for doing the deal is ...acquiring customers.

Chris A

Name
Chris
We're at 175 this morning, now were off to the side and the deal ends tomorrow night. I was just looking through the list and it seems about 10% or so are past customers, which I'm happy with.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Ok, call me a hack.....But I would cal those customers and tell them to return the Groupon and go directly through you.

Not sure if Groupon would like that....Not even sure if it's within the contract....But they are YOUR customers.

You'll have to feel it out.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Yeah I thought about it, but wth, it's only 10%, and I don't want these people getting any idea that this is anything like regular pricing... Groupon kinda keeps the deal as it's own entity...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I hear ya.

But I've explained to people how Groupon works. I'll generally tell them after a deal job that if they see me running another deal to call me directly and I'll honor the deal price.

Only because I've already "paid" for that customer.

Either way it's cool. And I won't complain if they buy another one....At the end of the day...it's worth it to get them back.

It just jabs me a little.

Get's people thinking as well...But that's a whole other story.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Were at 204 now. The phone was pretty slow today compared to yesterday, but Steph still booked 5. I imagine Monday will be a ballbuster for her. Right now we've got 10 on for next week, about half are already adding on with the other half not planning to (yet).

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Groupon does 3 installments.

I've been liking Living Social better lately. They give me 60%, I can do a little higher deal etc.

The first time I did a lower price deal and sold 171 (plus side jobs)
This time I did about $20 more per deal....same rooms and sold 115 (plus side jobs)

And I'm ok with selling a little less at a higher voucher price.

Good Job Chris.....I was waaaaay off on the my 100 voucher estimate. :oops:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
"Over 210 Bought"

Nice!

Are you freaking out yet? I'm sure you're not. lol

If it's just your wife answering the calls I would get a good voicemail message explaining your situation....But one person going to voicemail doesn't mean they thing all are.

You could always put the Full Circle girls on backup.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Brian R said:
"Over 210 Bought"

Nice!

Are you freaking out yet? I'm sure you're not. lol

If it's just your wife answering the calls I would get a good voicemail message explaining your situation....But one person going to voicemail doesn't mean they thing all are.

You could always put the Full Circle girls on backup.

I am freaking out a tad. Well handle it but its gonna be a stressful couple of days for sure. Still more pumped than anything that its done as well as it has.

Chris A

Name
Chris
We set up our vm a long time ago with a message that says we are on the phone with another client, even when were not, it seems to prompt more voicemails left.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I'm intersested to see how your upsell goes.

That will determine if you made any profit.

$25 per job must not much more that labor, gas and some chem.

Doesn't leave much if anything for all the other business expences.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I still have a little under 200 jobs waiting to be scheduled from all the deals I've done. They all will expire by Feb 24th or so.

At that point they can put the purchase price of the voucher toward their cleaning.

Since it's half price they will really just need to purchase the voucher again...so to speak.

Most people don't call right away....Most DO call eventually. I haven't made to much of the free money...Except for maybe cancellations that made it through.

You'll get a ton of calls...But it won't be so bad.

Last I saw it was 210...Not sure now.

Expect 40 calls maybe.....But I was wrong on the amount sold....So who knows? lol

Keep us updated.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom