My Review of Snake Oil Encap Juice!!

Rob Lyon

Name
Rob Lyon
Well I told Les/Jeff it would be a while before I wrote this, we have used snakeoil at least a dozen times and although we
seemed to really like it, I was waiting for my clients feedback.It was outstanding as a large health insurance facility director told us,we used it after HWE approx 4 times and the rest as stand alone as part of a maintenence program. I would highly recommend talking to Les/Jeff about this, and it was a tough sell as I have been a big fan of Rickys Juice.

All The Best, Rob

Ps, Just do something for the initial smell when mixing and it would be perfect !!

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Used it for first time today with OP. Did first room and a half with the last of my Releasit. Releasit is amazing stuff that I did not think I could be budged off of.

The snake oil did pretty well. Mixed it somewhat strong.
How does everyone compare it to the foaming of Releasit??

Smells like ammonia instead of the Tea Tree Oil in the Releasit.

Not bad though Judson. What stellar product is coming next???

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Foam? At 2 oz per gallon (of Snake Oil) it's a bit lighter/lower foam than Releasit DS @ 4oz per gallon. If you're trying to match foam levels, Snake Oil at 3oz is fairly comparable to Releasit DS @ 4 oz. Just my observation. If you use it @ 2oz per gallon and try to get the foam to match you'll end up over applying the solution and have extended dry times.

Anyway, I've costed all of this out on Cha Ching and keep an eye on productivity, chem usage & stock levels. I also helped with the testing and developement of Snake Oil & Magic Bullet. I'm using quite a bit less solution & spotters than in previouse months and cleaning the same ammount of sq. ft. Productivity has also picked up a tad as well. I think it's mainly due to not having to go back over things as much. As it stands, I think it's the best encap available today.

Just remember the Snake Oil is designed to cover more sq ft per gallon of RTU so be a bit stingy with the solution. At the recommended rate of application (400sq ft per gallon of RTU coverage) and a dilution of 2 oz per gallon your per sq ft cost is $0.0017 & $0.69 a gallon of RTU.

Releasit DS is $0.0035 & $1.06 per gallon of RTU (300 sq ft. per gallon of RTU coverage). Even at 3 oz per gallon (of Snake Oil) which will clean most commercial carpets that I've come across with the exception of restaurants & an odd nasty rental your usage cost is still only $0.0026 per sq ft. Plus Snake Oil has a built in deo & no cough.

As a spotter Snake Oil is pretty darn good! Add 3-4 oz of snake oil (& if you want/need it 1-2oz of Magic Bullet) to a quart sprayer fill it with water and watch the magic. No need for a 50-50 mix.... Even if you think the spot is a wicker, you only need 8oz. Pinch your pennies!

The Preacher

do you guys figure in shipping to the RTU cost??? my gallon was $56 delivered. i figure 3oz per gal is an avg mix. Thats $1.33 RTU. not bad for a chem that works like it does.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
No, I didn't figure in shipping in those #s.
Tip: Single gallons are more $ & higher shipping per gallon versus case prcing no matter what you buy anyway...

Greenie

I figure Joyce sold Danny his gallon, cause I'd had pushed him into a two gal box...lol

Anyhow, yes there is a case break of $5.

And I'm assuming Danny had about $6-7 in shipping.

Yes, you can figure 3 oz. as your average, that is fair, you probably clean a lot of dirty stuff. Just keep in mind some don't, they have 50,000 sq. of not so dirty stuff, so I cite the lesser dilution for examples.

lets stick with 2 oz for now.

On that $6-7 of shipping, you would clean 26,000 sq. ft. with that Single gallon of Snake Oil @ 2oz. per.
That makes 65 gal of RTU @ 400 sq. per = 26000.

You would have to pay almost 3 times (i'm guessing 2.6X) that shipping to get a competitive product to clean the same footage, so even sampling in small quantities of a single gallon, the $5 case break is nominal.

So...to be fair, report back the success you had or didn't at 2oz. per.

Thanks for the report Rob :!:

Greenie

I would "guess" there are multiple differences, one is not made by prochem?

Snake Oil is not s'posed to pry you away from your shampoo of choice, it's just another option.

If you are happy with your dilution ratios, cost, cleaning performance to include resoil etc....then stick with what you like.

The Preacher

Greenie said:

Snake Oil is not s'posed to pry you away from your shampoo of choice, it's just another option.

If you are happy with your dilution ratios, cost, cleaning performance to include resoil etc....then stick with what you like.

where the hell is greenie, and what have you done with him??? :p

Greenie said:

I have never used a so called encap product for bonnet cleaning. I use shampoo all the time for rugs and upholstery. I was just asking because I have a fairly large commercial job coming up that I always hwe and would like to bonnet clean some of it. Most of the carpet is lightly soiled and I can clean it with an emulsifier and hot water. I think shampoo would work fine as a prespray and then I could just buff it out. I will take some pics. It looks like I am going to use Prochem shampoo because that is what I have in stock.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Daniel I would suggest you not use the PC shampoo because of resoiling issues and instead switch to a encap SHAMPOO.

I use them for bonnet cleaning on my accounts that I have absolute control over.
And I know that the residue left is of the positive nature and won't contribute to a resoiling issue. With routine vacuuming the carpet will stay cleaner longer than either using a traditional bonnet or shampoo product.

Snake oil reminds me of crystal dry and DSC's Spin Vac.

Greenie

That is funny you mention that, Crystal Dry and DSC worked well for me back when I was hacking rugs for a living.

They pre-dated all others.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I like how the Snake Oil left a gentle cleansing froth to lubricate my pad.

The aromatic scent left after cleaning brought cheers from the ladies standing by.

Or could it have been the way my hips moved as I moved my machine to and fro?

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Talk to Les on the phone today.

Funny guy.

We concluded he may be the next Marilyn Monroe government planned asassination. Everyone is after him.

When ever there is something really good it's always going to have negative attack on it.

That's funny...Thanks for time and talk on the phone Les. Watch ur back...

Greenie

It's not easy being a rock star....but someone has to do it.

Best thing about slings and arrows is you learn who has your back.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
What about using this as a HWE prespray being scrubbed in with a cimex? I have a nasty 6000 sq ft commercial job and was planning on using it that way. I will most likely have to post encap with the cimex most of it after cleaning. It is in pretty bad shape, plus a cheap olefin carpet to boot.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Bryan we cleaned offices for a foundry a couple of weeks ago and shower fed it through the Cimex and then HWE extracted cleaned up great. Hard to beat the aggitation from the Cimex. We did post encap the traffic areas.

The owner was so impressed we clean his home this week.

Greenie

Because of Early feedback like Mike's the HWE low foam formula scent was changed, should be less Stanky now.

It's still priced as good or better than competing encapsulating pre-sprays and can still be used as a "rinse" through truckmount or porty as well as a bonnet cleaner, and an encap shampoo.

If your primary mission is Low moisture, still select the High Foam, but it's good to know the low foam can be used anywhere.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I've used it on a large commercial and about 4 smaller jobs. My pads seem to be darker then others at 3oz. Overall I like it, the price is right and Greenie is just a few miles from me. A bit too strong smelling at the 3oz but I'm pretty particular. I'll play with it at 2 oz to see how it does in cutting down the smell. This is with a Brute not a cimex so it's sprays on to the carpet vs fed.

Albert

Greenie

Just so it's clear, is it the sweet fruity smell that is intense while cleaning or just the kind of "ammoniated" smell that most encaps give off when sprayed that is the real issue?

We can reduce the sweet smell, not the other much.

When I was cleaning with Mike, I mixed up some 5-6 oz. stuff.....whoa! too strong for sure in a 12x12 room....lol

rick imby

Name
Rick
Jeremy said:
Foam? At 2 oz per gallon (of Snake Oil) it's a bit lighter/lower foam than Releasit DS @ 4oz per gallon. If you're trying to match foam levels, Snake Oil at 3oz is fairly comparable to Releasit DS @ 4 oz. Just my observation. If you use it @ 2oz per gallon and try to get the foam to match you'll end up over applying the solution and have extended dry times.

Anyway, I've costed all of this out on Cha Ching and keep an eye on productivity, chem usage & stock levels. I also helped with the testing and developement of Snake Oil & Magic Bullet. I'm using quite a bit less solution & spotters than in previouse months and cleaning the same ammount of sq. ft. Productivity has also picked up a tad as well. I think it's mainly due to not having to go back over things as much. As it stands, I think it's the best encap available today.

Just remember the Snake Oil is designed to cover more sq ft per gallon of RTU so be a bit stingy with the solution. At the recommended rate of application (400sq ft per gallon of RTU coverage) and a dilution of 2 oz per gallon your per sq ft cost is $0.0017 & $0.69 a gallon of RTU.

Releasit DS is $0.0035 & $1.06 per gallon of RTU (300 sq ft. per gallon of RTU coverage). Even at 3 oz per gallon (of Snake Oil) which will clean most commercial carpets that I've come across with the exception of restaurants & an odd nasty rental your usage cost is still only $0.0026 per sq ft. Plus Snake Oil has a built in deo & no cough.

As a spotter Snake Oil is pretty darn good! Add 3-4 oz of snake oil (& if you want/need it 1-2oz of Magic Bullet) to a quart sprayer fill it with water and watch the magic. No need for a 50-50 mix.... Even if you think the spot is a wicker, you only need 8oz. Pinch your pennies!

So how many pennies does it take to make a square foot?

Nice numbers...

Rick

Carpet Cleaning Keller Texas

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Since ammonia is something that occurs naturally in nature would snake oil be a "Green" cleaner?

RickL

Smell

I'm pretty surprised at the comments over the "Smell" When you are mixing it , I've been making 5 gallons at a time using 15 oz at once when you have it in the measuring cup there is a slight odor. But when you but it in the water there is pleasant fruit smell.
This is the only encap juice (I've tried a few) where several people stopped to comment on the "nice smell".

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
rick imby said:
So how many pennies does it take to make a square foot?

Nice numbers...

Rick
[center:3f2yvl3h]At 2oz per gallon:
"Brand R" DS $35.00 per 10,000 sq ft
-Snake Oil HF $17.00 per 10,000 sqft
1800 pennies pinched ($18.00 dollars)

That's enough savings to do another 10K sq ft and still have enough for an ice cold soda for you & your over worked tech... :lol:

At 3 oz per gallon:
"Brand R" DS $35.00 per 10,000 sq ft
-Snake Oil HF $26.00 per 10,000 sqft
900 pennies pinched ($9.00 dollars)
You can finally afford to take your tech to Taco Bell after the job! :wink:[/center:3f2yvl3h]

steampro

Name
Ryan
I think this stuff smells great! I did notice it smelled a little strong at 3 oz a gallon, but still not bad compared to some of the pre-sprays out there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom