My Spring Marketing Campain & Why I need a full time job

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
1000 Color Post Cards for Residential -$105 + $240 Postage

5000 Color Fliers for commercial-$400

500 Fliers (per month) stuffed in Chamber of Commerce news letter for 2 months. ($60)

200 of those fliers will go into my Targeted Sales Letter Packet this coming month. $150 in materials plus $136 postage.

Bird Dog cards to all residential customers (Courtesy of Ken Snow).- Cost to be determined. I'm guessing $120.
Total for 2 months of advertising: $1,331 + gas & time to deliver the remaining fliers.
Balance in checking account? Not looking to good... This shit really needs to pull well or I am 5 kinds of screwed. This is why I need the J-O-B. To get a years worth of things like this bought & paid for.

GRHeacock

I hope it works out for you, and in theory it should, sounds like you are doing the best you can.

However, I suggest putting a limit of 10% of your gross into advertising, not 100%.

And NEVER go into debt on advertising, or any single item.

Gary

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
For 1/3rd of that I can give you a lifetime of advertising instead of just 2 months of advertising.

Work smart!

Don't just spend your hard earned money making the printers and post office rich.

it can at least replace the money you spend on flyers and direct mail. It is still smart to mail to previous customers.

Scott

Heya Jeremy -

Marketing is an investment. You won't always get instant results, but if you invest in the right kind of "drip" campaign, you will get the ROI you're looking for.

There are three things to remember when marketing. You must hit the:

1) Right client
2) at the right time
3) with the right message

It takes time and/or money to make money. That's the way the business cookie crumbles.

Dave Y. - spill the beans already. What is your marketing program all about? I can understand not giving away the details, but can you at least give a brief run down?

Scott

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
:idea:
I had a thought that I'll more than likely re-implement for Summer/Fall. I did it like a year and a half ago.. Was pretty cheesy then. But I was talking with another service business owner & we thought it'd be great to put together a "Benefit Package" for factories.

Basically, we'd generate "gift cards" & have them stuffed with the pay checks. That way every single person at the factory (some of them with 1100 employees) gets a $20 Coupon or 10% Discount & we get instant name recognition from 1,100 people for a 20 minute conversation with one person in HR. Think of what a great referal farm that could be. But for now... I'll stick with what has been proven to work. I need to develope it further & really make sure its a class act when it's done.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have been marketing on the internet and word of mouth mostly, I did get my mail permit. I have been cruising along. I found that if you let everyone know what you do you will be alright. You may get some from mailings, but I get a lot from taking my kids to gymnastics and talking my company up as well as pancake breakfasts, volunteering for things, school plays ad book etc

-JB-

Name
JB
For 1/3rd of that I can give you a lifetime of advertising instead of just 2 months of advertising.

Work smart!

Don't just spend your hard earned money making the printers and post office rich.

OYE!

Ya J why not call ?
:roll:

danpauselius

I wish Mr. Yoakum would divulge just a little more information. He has peaked my curiosity but not enough to consider buying anything.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
SO... If it was your $1300 what would you do with it Terje? Assuming the lottery had been banned...

-JB-

Name
JB
SO... If it was your $1300 what would you do with it Terje? Assuming the lottery had been banned...

So is it spent yet? or is there still time?

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Partially spent... Cards are ordered. Accounts for sales letters are being selected. The commercial letters are going out even if I don't do the flyers & bird dog cards. Although I do like the concept of the commercial Bird Dog cards.

Trevor Truitt

$1300 for one month? You probably should have cut that in half (or less) and hit the same people again next month. Without repetition, you will probably never see an acceptable ROI.

Said another way, don't shoot your whole roll on hitting everybody you can think of once, hit the same people multiple times. Unless your ad sucks, then you are truly screwed.

Best of luck,

Trevor

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
$1300

From my experience it's hard to get commercial to respond to a letter. Most of the time the decision maker won't get a chance to see it before it goes into the round file.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
Scott Rendall gave me an interesting way around that little weak link in the chain... Thanks Scott! I've been pulling 20%+ per mailing. I'm just running out of prospects that fit my target market description in my area. I'll probably do a second round of mailings excluding the ones I already have done work for. The only real downside of the sales letters is they can be very time consuming. I may have found a way around that too though. Lets hope it works out.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I did a deal with the Grocery Store Unions once where I gave a discount, didn't pan out for me but it didn't cost anything

I think your money could be a little better spent

I could hit 50,000 2 income homes, 4 times per year, in target areas for $387 per month for a 1 year commitment and have input on the post card design

Anthony(ICS BB) says he made $84,000 with his jiggler just but hanging fliers but I am still waiting for him to ask about how do you pay your taxes

trying to do the commercial floor thing is a hard route to go

I try to let everyone I run into just what it is we do

doing something is better then doing nothing

work hard and have patience, you will get there

G

So Dave Y...

How about you put out or shut up. I think that would be fair to all of us. Everything lately you type is one hell of a DAP!

Mr. Admins...How about we take a Pole on this?

JJ

Greg Loe

Dave Yoakum

Dude, I'm real sorry for dogging you so much about your program, but you can't expect a person to fork over 500 bucks when it could just be something they know they should have been doing anyway. How can we know your program is any different than anyone else's. You're trying to sell a marketing system in a horrible marketing way. Help us out!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom