Mytee Electric Truck Mount

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
This rig at MikeFest was very impressive. John has broken serious ground here with this new machine. 16 1/2"hg and 300 cfm! With 100 ft of hose it was pulling strong. Pump out, 1000psi solution and dual heat exchangers.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
NobleCarpetCleaners said:
This rig at MikeFest was very impressive. John has broken serious ground here with this new machine. 16 1/2"hg and 300 cfm! With 100 ft of hose it was pulling strong. Pump out, 1000psi solution and dual heat exchangers.
I have not heard about the dual HX's.

What type were they ?

Any photos ?

Larry

Chads

Supportive Member
GOPR0127.jpg

GOPR0128.jpg

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Chad:

I'm interestd too, in the heat exchangers?.

And how did we get the CFM figures?

How many amps do the 2 cords pull?

Sincerely,
Dale

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
How do you heat exchange an electric motor?

I thought they needed LP or an electric heater?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The Black box at the top left has been added since Connections.

New electric vac designs can easily develop 16.5" hg.

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=4725

We just helped a customer finish a trailer-mount electric with 4 vacs.

Of course, the vac levels will drop when flowing hundreds of CFM.

John has a portable CFM guage.

Portable HX's have been around for years.

Thanks for putting up the photos.

Larry

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I only see one cord in the picture.

I would think with 15 amps circuits:

The main unit with 2 vacs and a pump would take -two cords

Heater -one cord

Vac booster (black box)-one cord

Four 15 amp cords total.

I guess you could run a generator.

But, then you end up just running an engine like you would with a conventional truck mount.

Then you lose many of the benefits of going electric.

Larry, your entire website seems to be down.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Royal Man said:

I had no problem, clicked on the link and went straight to the vac; in question.

Now John, the main question. shiteatinggrin

When are the 240 volt ones coming down under. ? hey Marty, blow me

Shorty.

Name
John LaBarbera
This is the new Mytee hybrid Escape Plus ETM. We have an 11,000 watt military(these generators are use on Humvees) type generator mounted and powered by the Nissan engine. they produce a clean sine wave so you can even run a computer on it. The engine cooling system also heats the solution by means of heat exchangers. We maintain 160 degrees using a Rotovac 360. this unit is a quad vac 16.5 hg and 300 CFM. 1000 psi General tri-plex pump, 70 gpm pump-out pump. So yes we have to run the Nissan engine to produce the power but no power cords are needed to be plugged in. As for fuel consumption I don't know yet we just installed the day before Mikeyfest. However, the generator company stated that the consumption would be 50% less than a 11,000 watt be gen/set with a gas lawn mower engine. Even the 360 plugged into the power module. $10,999 is msrp.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
We have an 11,000 watt military type generator

mounted and powered by the Nissan engine.

The engine cooling system also heats the solution by means of heat exchangers.

Ok, lemmie see if I have this right, I'd be running a full size 150-200HP van engine (at what RPM??) to power and supply modest heat to an electric TM???

I must be missing what the virtues are with such a lectromount over a direct drive TM??

..L.T.A.

Name
John LaBarbera
Royal Man said:
I only see one cord in the picture.

I would think with 15 amps circuits:

The main unit with 2 vacs and a pump would take -two cords

Heater -one cord

Vac booster (black box)-one cord

Four 15 amp cords total.

I guess you could run a generator.

The yellow cord was an extent ion cord for the floor machine contest. They just used our ETM to power it.

Shorty; Powerclean in Austrailia it carrying the unit. They should have them soon.
But, then you end up just running an engine like you would with a conventional truck mount.

Then you lose many of the benefits of going electric.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
2X!

Ruff Hewn said:
Ok, lemmie see if I have this right, I'd be running a full size 150-200HP van engine (at what RPM??) to power and supply modest heat to an electric TM???

I must be missing what the virtues are with such a lectromount over a direct drive TM??

..L.T.A.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Ruff Hewn said:
We have an 11,000 watt military type generator

mounted and powered by the Nissan engine.

The engine cooling system also heats the solution by means of heat exchangers.

..L.T.A.

Like Lee said: flexibility. The ability to be fully self-contained for small jobs and where electricity isn't available and the blessed ability to shut off your van when working for hours on a large job keeping it cool and saving money on gas and wear and tear on the van. At two gallons per hour operating my Pro1200 an electric alternative looks better all the time. Now that I am using my 360i for the bulk of my carpet cleaning I find it cleans and dries just as well running the vac at half the power the 1200 kicks out so I'm certain an electric machine would work well. Anywhere I can cut the 2000 gallons/gas annually used parked in a driveway is going to save boatloads of money, and pay for the system in a couple years. Nice work John.

dday

Can this thing draw from a fresh tank and dump into a waste tank?

Is 11K MSRP the price for the set up shown with generator? Or is that for the base ETM only? I thought this ETM was less than 4K.

I think the added vac is far more important than heat. Bottom line, how much would it cost to get this ETM with the improved vac set up shipped to NE PA?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Art Kelley said:
Like Lee said: flexibility. The ability to be fully self-contained for small jobs and where electricity isn't available and the blessed ability to shut off your van when working for hours on a large job keeping it cool and saving money on gas and wear and tear on the van. At two gallons per hour operating my Pro1200 an electric alternative looks better all the time. Now that I am using my 360i for the bulk of my carpet cleaning I find it cleans and dries just as well running the vac at half the power the 1200 kicks out so I'm certain an electric machine would work well. Anywhere I can cut the 2000 gallons/gas annually used parked in a driveway is going to save boatloads of money, and pay for the system in a couple years. Nice work John.

I have been running an electric truck mount for many years and I have never had to a need for a generator.

Having to run that generator would negate many of the important reasons to use an electric machine in the first place.

Without a generator:

#1 . No carbon-monoxide. In the winter I can park in the client garage and shut the door. This is a great benefit for areas that have subfreezing winters. No drafts for the client, No worry of freezing . No snow on hoses etc...

#2. No fuel cost for running the machine. (Except propane that is around $25 per week) As gas prices rise this is going to become even more important.

#3 Greener cleaning and #4 less engine wear. From not having to run an engine while cleaning.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
The truck is preheating the water and that machine is pulling alot of power. The question is how much power is needed without the truck running.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Lyman said:
The truck is preheating the water and that machine is pulling alot of power. The question is how much power is needed without the truck running.
The truck is heating the water, not pre-heating it.

I would guess 4-5 separate circuits to run it all, but we'll find out when John posts again.

I have a question concerning this machine and the one Terry makes.

Can you run a heavy duty 220 cord from a 220 outlet and then use the mytee splitter to hook up the two 110's?

Seems that would be easier than running two cords into the home.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I want one... not on their website yet..
I want a price with hoses and all and the lg installed. I just picked up an 09 chevy 2500 cause an astro died. I was going to use this for janitorial. Do you have to have the lg?
And how much money can I save on fuel? Especially if it still uses propane?
Some one shoot me a quote
Freshairdc@aol.com the price seems like the cheapest for an electric tm

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Name
John LaBarbera
The unit I demo'ed at Mikeyfest is somewhat like a PTO.

1) Requires 230 volts about 33 amps
A- Quad Vac 230"/16.5 hg, 300 cfm
B- 1000 psi General tri-plex pump
C- 70 gpm pump-out
2) Heat exchangers use the truck engine to heat the water (yes it uses gasoline)

3) Generator on the truck engine produces 11,000 watts. More than enough to run the unit and power a rotary if needed.

Cost breaks down this way:

Escape Plus ETM about $4500.00

Heat exchangers about $1500.00

Generator is about $5000.00 Yes, the generator is initially expensive as generators go, however, consider this. This unit will last much longer than a conventional genset with out the maintenance cost of typical gens. It uses gas from your truck tank, but also heats your water. Set up time is typical to a regular TM.

MSRP $10,999.00

Maintenance on the ETM is very economical especially compared to a regular TM. One guy at Mikeyfest had just lost his blower and needed repairs on his heat exhangers on his TM and had to go to Utah from Cali and it cost $10,000.00 for the repair.

On the Standard Mytee Escape ETM 115 volt with dual powercords
dual vac 144"/10 hg 230 cfm
500 psi General Tri-plex
70 gpm pump-out
MSRP $3599.00

Both units have a 2.5" vac inlet that can be reduced to 2" for max air flow.

This unit is on the website. Look on the Presidents Club catalog.

No machine is perfect for all but the new Mytee Escape and Escape Plus is a push in the right direction.

And you're right, fuel is not going to get any cheaper.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:

Can you run a heavy duty 220 cord from a 220 outlet and then use the mytee splitter to hook up the two 110's?

Dan'l, think about it for minute...do you want to ask Mrs if you can get behind her stove or drier to plug in your machine?
Skip the drier actually...cause we need 33 amps .
You'll get that juice from a stove plug only in most of America

John, who does the install of the gen?
and can it be installed in small fuel efficient wagons like a Ford Transit or the "Euroboxes" that are showing up in the The States?
What of vehicle warranties with the gen installed ?

Thanks

.L.T.A.

Chris A

Name
Chris
The transit connect/ etm seems like a cool concept. Next best thing to a straight pto in one of those trucks.

Name
John LaBarbera
Ruff Hewn said:
danielc said:

Dan'l, think about it for minute...do you want to ask Mrs if you can get behind her stove or drier to plug in your machine?
Skip the drier actually...cause we need 33 amps .
You'll get that juice from a stove plug only in most of America

John, who does the install of the gen?
and can it be installed in small fuel efficient wagons like a Ford Transit or the "Euroboxes" that are showing up in the The States?
What of vehicle warranties with the gen installed ?

Thanks

.L.T.A.

The way I would go on your first question is to just go the standard Escape ETM in 230 volt have one cord coming off the unit and use the Les Jones "Judson" technology and split the first cord to 2 115 volts. Pretty easy.

The second, I dont know the answer. All I know is the military uses them on the humvees in Afganistan.

What if we put a 80 gal tank and heat the water like Bane using a coolant heat exchangerer that works while your driving to the job. My question would be is that likely enoghn water or pabably not?

Name
Lee Stockwell
80 would be ample. I have 160 gallon, but seldom need to fill it to the top.

For years we ran Banes, including a minimount with 70 gallon fresh tank.

Back
Top Bottom