Mytee Escape Electric Truckmount

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I'm all for electrical truck mounts and the moment I will know that they are going to match or get close to the productivity of a regular truck mount, I will switch.

However,for a real cost comparison we'll need to know:

• How much extra time per job do you spend on average, dealing with tripped circuit breakers?
  • How much extra time per job needed to set the electrical set up required?
  • What's the average cost of fuel when you do need the generator?
  • How long do the electric vacuum engines last?
  • What's the average time spent fixing electrical related issues?
  • Can you work at the same speed as a good truck mount or do you have to slow down and or do more dry passes?

These (please add if I missed something) will help determine (if indeed there is) what is the real saving in the electrical set up.

Ofer;

The electric vac motors last about 18 months (or longer if you dry them out at the end of the cleaning day).

Have seen very few electrical problems (a switch, about 15 min.)

Don has added additional vac booster to his Escape.

Escape alone has tested equal to a #3 blower TM.

Escape + Booster, according to Don, has equaled his #4 Blower TM.

Larry

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
Ofer;

The electric vac motors last about 18 months (or longer if you dry them out at the end of the cleaning day).

Have seen very few electrical problems (a switch, about 15 min.)

Don has added additional vac booster to his Escape.

Escape alone has tested equal to a #3 blower TM.

Escape + Booster, according to Don, has equaled his #4 Blower TM.

Larry

Larry,
Do you have the vac motors for the escape on your website?

Name
Don
Corectamundo

think he's talking about the Airhog, Rich

if I'm not mistaken, it's a stand alone booster you can put anywhere you want

..L.T.A.

That's exactly right dude. i try to keep it as close to the wand as possible. also i run 3/4 3300 cfm blowers while the carpet is still hot. I set my heater at max or just under. unless they are a cheap ass then i turn it to warm.i will try to show you why my air hog plus is working so well if i can get the pics on here. I kept frying there hose so i got inventive as usual ACE! replaced it with sewer line elbows with a lot of f ing around to make it work. ok it won't let me do the image thing will try again.

Name
Don
Mytee

There are a lot of little things than could make their machines an outstanding machines. But when i talk to the they don't seem interested. Most of all a in my hands owners manual would be nice. It's still better than the ** Tm i had. Also i have fooled around with the float chem feed system, sometimes it sucks it dry in two rooms and others most of the time it stops feeding because if it lets a little at a time it doesn't draw chem. Any help would be appreciado.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Oh MY! Richard interested in an electric unit? ?

maybe if Don finishes replacing Myteecheap's parts ...AND if Myteepoorworkmanship PAYS ATTENTION to someone that obviously knows WTF they're talking about and doing instead of listening to butt sniffing "yes men" , conspiracy theorists , jilted lovers and profit only seekers....he might buy one.....:D

Thanks Don.
It's pretty clear you know your way around equipment .
Good to have you here

..L.T.A.

Name
Don
I really think if they put out an effort to put out a better product They would clean house. But i don't know if there is a serious carpet cleaner in the place. If you need to talk to a person about the ETM you have to talk to Nathan The manage or Owner. They have the vacuum ports directly above the electrical switch board. with no silicon in the fittings. That was my fir and second problem. But it could be great it they put the effort and thought into it. But what do i know after running used portables, TM's, A new Prochem Everest for 3 years, for over 20 years. I couldn't get a company i paid good money to get my old bruin 2 in good shape. so i tore it apart piece by piece labeling and a lot of pic's. It has been sitting out in the rain for the past 2 years. I hook up a battery to it and put some gas in the air cleaner and and it starts right up. I have started working on it and plan on using if as a back up or second machine. I really hope that someone comes out with a great portable ETM. Obviously the market is there.

Reactions: Charlie Lyman
Name
Don
maybe if Don finishes replacing Myteecheap's parts ...AND if Myteepoorworkmanship PAYS ATTENTION to someone that obviously knows WTF they're talking about and doing instead of listening to butt sniffing "yes men" , conspiracy theorists , jilted lovers and profit only seekers....he might buy one.....:D

Thanks Don.
It's pretty clear you know your way around equipment .
Good to have you here

..L.T.A.
Thanks for the welcome Ruff.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
maybe if Don finishes replacing Myteecheap's parts ...AND if Myteepoorworkmanship PAYS ATTENTION to someone that obviously knows WTF they're talking about and doing instead of listening to butt sniffing "yes men" , conspiracy theorists , jilted lovers and profit only seekers........:D

Ouch, Larry. Anybody specific in mind? :winky:

Though I am glad that Don is doing that and hopefully he and others technically savvy folks, will help improve the electric TM. His post actually made it clear to me that at its current state, the last thing I would want is an ETM. And I assume the majority are like me. We just want a dependable, high production machine with as little as possible maintenance and or tweaking.

If I may speak for the mechanically challenged cleaners.

Once it becomes as simple and as productive as a good old fashioned TM, we'll all do the switch to an ETM.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
And I assume the majority are like me. We just want a dependable, high production machine with as little as possible maintenance and or tweaking.
I agree.......WELL with the exception that there are few like you Ofer. :p

Don thanks for improving the product, with sharp people like yourself the ETM will someday be a common thing.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Just like that other great American said:
"I am who I am.
And that's who I am."

Now ponder that! While watching the prairie grass growing :winky:

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
The grass just keeps growing here, I need a bigger mower but had to buy a car for one of the twins. Maybe another horse or two would help? :icon_rolleyes:

GOATS and SHEEP!!

I think they're Kosher too!!

And I assume the majority are like me. We just want a dependable, high production machine with as little as possible maintenance and or tweaking.

If I may speak for the mechanically challenged cleaners.
Once it becomes as simple and as productive as a good old fashioned TM, we'll all do the switch to an ETM.

not just the "mechanically challenged", Ofer
i think we'd ALL switch

there's no doubt "someone" could build a reliable , solid ...AND powerful/productive enough lectromount .
The problem is (and will be for at least the near future) the power needed to run such a unit without having to find 35+ amps of 220 current
OR
finding several different circuits and stretching 4 cords on every job
(and hope Mrs Phiff's kid doesn't run the blow drier , Microwave or washing machine)
OR
running a large GAS engine genset to supply power

'til some electrical wiz can bridge those gaps, the lectromount will continue to be small niche market "glorified porty" ..that ain't so "portable" anymore

PLEASE NOTE...that's NOT a knock or jab at any operator that chooses such a unit ..and certainly not at our new "straight shootin" friend Don
(or Art for that matter, that's been saving gas money on many jobs by running a lectrobox on the porch instead of his fuel thirsty direct drive)

nor is it a knock on Brevic, Savage, Valentine , Lababerra , et al... that have attempted to crack the nut .

it IS however, just the plain truth

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We can have goats and a neighbor raises them down the road. However we are not allowed sheep or pigs.

Just an agreement we had to sign back when we purchased the property. ???

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
We can have goats and a neighbor raises them down the road. However we are not allowed sheep or pigs.

Just an agreement we had to sign back when we purchased the property. ???

cool
Goats taste better than sheep anyway
and pigs don't eat grass , they just root around and tear the yard up

..L.T.A.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
One of the girls that used to work here had goats. They scratched her car & the siding on her home with their horns. They learned to turn on the water faucet and leave it run. They also would ram her in the rear with their heads anytime she bent over.

She finally got so pissed from being knocked over that was the end of them........they said they were tasty. :eekk:

:lol:

Name
Don
Honestly the biggest problem i have is the damn air hog. crap design all over then place but i am doing a complete rebuild the week and will have it working like a champ. the wiring in it is to small for current. supposed to pull 15 amp, mine pulls 18.6 and has a computer fan to cool it with leads to a lot of switches going out. Have grown tired of the money machine and i will fix it myself.the 3 switch system needs to be divided into a 5 switch system and problem solved. with heavier gauge wire or course. I was an electricians apprentice and i know better than that crap. Am thinking of starting to build my own unit slowly. May take a few years but it would kick ass and have options available that this doesn't. And the chem feed would work better.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
PLEASE NOTE...that's NOT a knock or jab at any operator that chooses such a unit ..and certainly not at our new "straight shootin" friend Don
(or Art for that matter, that's been saving gas money on many jobs by running a lectrobox on the porch instead of his fuel thirsty direct drive)

nor is it a knock on Brevic, Savage, Valentine , Lababerra , et al... that have attempted to crack the nut ...L.T.A.

Now that Larry has become politically correct, what's next?
Chardonnay anybody?

Name
Don
true i can't knock any other unit out there. and am not trying to. the escape has a few flaws that i would have saw coming in design like putting a possible water leak over a circuit board. Uh duh. they send me another no questions as to what the problem might be, so it happened again. so i sealed it so it can't happen again. Those who try to put out a good product i stand and applaud you. if you do it for the money only and don't stand behind your sale then i think you need to look at what kind of person you want to be.

Last edited:

Total_Rookie

Name
Joseph Torrez
Did the ETM thing for a few years. You can get acceptable results. Although if you need a gen to power the system. Why not just use a real Truckmount? Not trying to piss on the parade. Just sharing my real life experience. If I had dedicated skyscraper contract it would then make sense. Or would it? with all the advancements with encap & crb? The etm makes no sense in my predominant residential territory. Love my E Z 25/45

Nevertheless a etm can be built upon as money allows. It will help a bdcc archive his life's dreams. (Buying a real TM. Lol)

Name
Don
I just realized that ** was replace by ** that means nick runs this sight to. later dudes. and if Nick ever has the balls to face me (face to face) I would love it. later dudes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom