Mytee Lite II - solution pump stopped on 1st use?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I recently bought a Mytee Lite II for spotting, furniture, ect. The first time that I was cleaning with it, my truck's interior, the pump stopped working. I'm more of a mechanic than an electrician. I think it has a Pumptec 120psi pump on it. Do these pumps have any circuit breaker or overheat switch built in?

I will look at it tomorrow, not sure how. I'm good with testing 12v systems. I have a Fluke meter, just not really sure how to test for power with AC current. It is just power going to through the switch to the pump.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I recently bought a Mytee Lite II for spotting, furniture, ect. The first time that I was cleaning with it, my truck's interior, the pump stopped working. I'm more of a mechanic than an electrician. I think it has a Pumptec 120psi pump on it. Do these pumps have any circuit breaker or overheat switch built in?

I will look at it tomorrow, not sure how. I'm good with testing 12v systems. I have a Fluke meter, just not really sure how to test for power with AC current. It is just power going to through the switch to the pump.

some have a re-set button on them..some just have a thermal over load built into the motor..don't know what is on yours......

if the pump is 12v then the power source that comes in is 110...it steps it down with a converter/transformer....

power to switch then to transformer....then to pump....

or

power to transformer then to switch over to pump...from what I have seen this should be the norm.......

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I don't think it has a 12v pump. I just meant that all my electrical experience is from when I was a auto mechanic working on 12v systems. The pump started working on its own, so there must be an internal thermal switch. I'll use this machine to clean some furniture tomorrow and see if it stops pumping again. If it does, then I'll worry about it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
If it is brand new take if backto the store and have them fix it. It is under warranty.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
It is brand new. I will, if it does it again. I just cleaned my stairs and it work perfectly fine. I have some furniture to clean tomorrow, I will use it.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
It has been working just fine. The vacuum is a little weak, otherwise I like this little machine. The heater gets a lot hotter than I expected.

Name
John LaBarbera
It has been working just fine. The vacuum is a little weak, otherwise I like this little machine. The heater gets a lot hotter than I expected.

The pump is a 120 volt dc pump rectified to ac.

I think what happened is that you had a vapor lock in the heater and the pump cannot push out the vapor. After it cools it is fine.

First thing to do is turn the pump switch on and spray water through the hose. This fills the line with water. Then turn the heater on. If you turn the heater on first without flowing water a drop of water in the heater turns to vapor and it locks it down.

BTW that is a diaphragm pump not a pumptec.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the machine. I think this info should help.

Reactions: carpetcleaner

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
Every time I use this machine for more than about 20 minutes, the pump stops working. I did realize today that when I switch the pump on, it runs constantly - whether I'm spraying or not. Shouldn't the pump only run when it is needed? When the pressure reaches 120psi, the pump should stop?

Back
Top Bottom