Mytee Power Electric Converter Problems

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I thought I would post this since it came up before, I think.

My Mytee converter started smoking and getting hot on my last job. Plugged it in and only on side works now.

Wut up wiff dat?

Name
John LaBarbera
Jeremy N said:
I thought I would post this since it came up before, I think.

My Mytee converter started smoking and getting hot on my last job. Plugged it in and only on side works now.

Wut up wiff dat?

This is an odd one. How old is it? You can send it to Mytee or where you bought it and they can send it to us to have it checked out. Did a circuit breaker pop?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Jeremy N":vzwygiie]I thought I would post this since it came up before, I think.

Wut up wiff dat?

This is an odd one. How old is it? You can send it to Mytee or where you bought it and they can send it to us to have it checked out. Did a circuit breaker pop?[/quote:vzwygiie]

It is less than a year old. The circuit breaker did not pop.

Sending it off really sucks since I am a small, poor, cracker owned company. I gots like 2 dollars to my name. I at least need the one side to do most jobs.

Name
John LaBarbera
Jeremy N said:
[quote="John LaBarbera":39slhgwj][quote="Jeremy N":39slhgwj]I thought I would post this since it came up before, I think.

Wut up wiff dat?

This is an odd one. How old is it? You can send it to Mytee or where you bought it and they can send it to us to have it checked out. Did a circuit breaker pop?[/quote:39slhgwj]

It is less than a year old. The circuit breaker did not pop.

Sending it off really sucks since I am a small, poor, cracker owned company. I gots like 2 dollars to my name. I at least need the one side to do most jobs.[/quote:39slhgwj]

Hi Jeremy,

UPS is at least $10.00. PM your address and I'll send a UPS call tag for you. I will need you put it in a box with an address?

We'll get you fixed up.

John

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Hey, thanks man. I will do that. I am just more worried about needing it for a job when it's being shipped everywhere.

I do appreciate it though. I will send that right over to you.

Name
John LaBarbera
Jeremy N said:
Hey, thanks man. I will do that. I am just more worried about needing it for a job when it's being shipped everywhere.

I do appreciate it though. I will send that right over to you.

I'll get it right back to you. Just have it ready for UPS when the come to pick it up. Maybe tomorrow or Monday.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
take me a picture of the inside and I can probably tell you how to fix it ......

Name
John LaBarbera
Jim Martin said:
take me a picture of the inside and I can probably tell you how to fix it ......

Thanks, Jim. Great Idea! And much Faster. Call tag is on the way but Jim idea is the best!

steve g

Name
steve garrett
the breakers on both mine will not hold more than about 10 amps each, took mine apart to change them and I had blackened wires going to the breakers. oh well honestly I don't think the mytee boxes are really meant for water damage work and running all that stuff under constant load. I in the process of putting together some real spider boxes, good hell doing that is expensive. I have had mine for like 3 years so I am well out of warranty.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I easily run 15-16 amps thru both side of my mytee conversion boxes almost weekly and they never really get hot. If I overload the breaker on the box always pops. I have four boxes and use them on every big job where voltage is available.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom