Mytee Tradewind poor man's Airpath?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I just found the Mytee Tradewind airmover on the web.It seems to do the same thing the Airpath does for half the money.What is it about the Airpath that makes it twice as expensive?
I'm thinking about getting a couple of cheaper Viking Windstorm 2200 airmovers and one of the Mytee Tradewinds for my first truck.
Would that be an OK setup to dry my carpets with after cleaning?

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Poor man's Airpath?

That is like saying a Yugo is a poor man's Corvette.

We carry both Mytee and Dri-Eaz(Airpath), and I would never present both in the same context. If a guy really needed a carpet dryer for quickened dry times after cleaning, and said he did not have enough money for an airpath, in good conscience I would pass up the sale and tell him to wait until he was able to get the right tool for the right purpose. It is short sighted thinking to get the quick sale, and lose the customer for good, when he later realizes that he was sold something not to task.

That is not to say that 1/3-1/2 hp axials do not have a place.They are the perfect tool for room air evac and ventilation.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
I still would like to know how the new version of the Airpath performs compared to the old. Is the old version still availble?

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
If you are looking for good dry times get the airpath, not the mytee. The mytee should only be considered as an addition to your posse of good air movers. I only find the mytee good for stair landings, small hallways, and in areas that you don't want to disturb stuff, like plants and Christmas trees.

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I liked that Yugo Corvette comparison.Very funny, Shawn.
So I'm going to stay away from the Mytee.I'll get a couple of Drieaz air movers and ( hopefully) start doing some jobs. I can always get an Airpath when I've got some money coming in.I guess I don't have to have all the cool toys from the start.

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
No you don't have to have all the cool stuff. Get what you can, when you can. I didn't start with a 25K dollar machine, I started with a 15k dollar one :)

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the tradewind is just a straight air mover
The airpath has the louvers to direct the airflow across the floor
Makes a huge difference.

I wonder how the 3 compare, the orig airpath, the new one, and Powerflites knockoff?

Al

No you don't have to have all the cool stuff. Get what you can, when you can. I didn't start with a 25K dollar machine, I started with a 15k dollar one

I concur

8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom