Mytee Trex & Brushes.......

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I don't have a lot of experience with Mytee products. Had a old speedster that I bought just to resell. Nice portable with 2-3stage vacuums in parallel. Someone had replaced the 500 psi pump with a 150 psi diaphragm. If I was going to buy a high performance portable, I would definitely look at their line up. You can get a nice 500 psi machine with 2-3stage vacs one 2 15 amp circuits. You can equip it with autofill/dump. Stay away from the heated models imo. If you want heat, add an inline heater with it's own power cord. The Speedster is easy to go up and down stairs but could use a higher handle for the heavier units.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Due to the fact that the Mytee head is more aggressive it may not need any more brush, I saw Damon new video and it did turn out a great job....I was very impressed

Reactions: Nomad74

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Due to the fact that the Mytee head is more aggressive it may not need any more brush, I saw Damon new video and it did turn out a great job....I was very impressed
Thanks Mike, I'm trying to edit that last job into one video, but I seem to have caught myself a cold. When I get home I just want to lay on the couch and die. On the way out the door now to do another fun job in a small town called Shingle Town up in the mountains. Another promising adventure. I take the jobs that Tom won't :) . I'm starting to rethink that decision.

Mikey P

Administrator
Have you noticed how some of your jets are blown open? is that by design or just cheap thin walled brass getting tortured by your 3000 /270º 870?

img_3509-jpg.68425

IMG_3508.JPG

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
View attachment 68456[/QUOTE]
This is a new head sent to me. All the jets seem to be working fine and spraying evenly. But now I'm going to really have to look close. So far it's good. I do keep extra jets around just in case

image.jpg
Have you noticed how some of your jets are blown open? is that by design or just cheap thin walled brass getting tortured by your 3000 /270º 870?

img_3509-jpg.68425

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
My day just gets better and better. A rock cracked my new windshield on the way down form Shinglentown. :(. Having it fixed now.

On a happy note. The Trex head is doing great. The jets seem to be fine. On close inspection I am seeing some black residue around the spray holes and I think that is making them look blown out.

@Mark Saiger your sauce worked great on the red clay volcanic dirt of Northern California.

IMG_3534.JPG
IMG_3529.JPG
IMG_3532.JPG

Last edited:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Oh man I missed a gem, up there in ST.
You should have upsold some baseboard cleaning as well !!
:stir:

Reactions: Nomad74
Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
spray systems flood jets go a really long time before the hole wears larger, as compared to their fan products.

Loren Egland

Name
Loren Egland
Extra agitation is what the Trex's are about, the snaggletoof glides were more aggressive than the RV and HOSS. But overly so on weak seems and delaminated carpet. When Mytee saw how much attention RV was getting over their brushheads, they did what Mytee does, and copied them. I think they should remove the snaggleteefs if they're going to include brushes, as it's just too risky.

The brush head RVs became the BB rage after I took Grant's suggestion and started using them on resi pile. Nobody was saying shit about them until then.The BH TOTALY reinvents the 360i. It's quicker cleaning, faster drying and zero streaking unit that weighs 15 or 20 pounds less than the Tjr. With only 9' of vacuum post I'm betting it drys quicker then the Tjr's 12 inches and extra jet, which just aint needed.
The site tube on the Jr is about worthless and the speed controller is super delicate.

but what do I know....

Don't forget the telescoping arm. Just make it short as it goes and use the 360i on stairs. Maybe the most important advantage along with less weight. I imagine all rotary jet extractors clean well.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
My day just gets better and better. A rock cracked my new windshield on the way down form Shinglentown. :(. Having it fixed now.

On a happy note. The Trex head is doing great. The jets seem to be fine. On close inspection I am seeing some black residue around the spray holes and I think that is making them look blown out.

@Mark Saiger your sauce worked great on the red clay volcanic dirt of Northern California.

View attachment 68465 View attachment 68466 View attachment 68467

:)

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Ok. This is why my next big purchase will be a Mytee ECO-17 Orbital. I guess John LaBarbera saw my swivel leakage video and he sent me a new prototype swivel they are testing out. Thanks! It is truly appreciated and never expected.

Now I'm just going to have to find something else for these guys to pick me apart on.

IMG_3541.JPG

Mikey P

Administrator
when you get tired of being a Guinea Pig let me point you to a OP machine that goes through the wringer BEFORE it's brought to market.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
when you get tired of being a Guinea Pig let me point you to a OP machine that goes through the wringer BEFORE it's brought to market.
Funny. From what I'm seeing so far the ECO's seem to be doing well. What are you thinking Mike? Cimex?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom