Mytee, why you trippin'?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I have several Mytee air movers that trip the breaker as soon as their plugged in.

This has been a weird phenomenon for the last few years.

Has anyone else run into this?

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I have several Mytee air movers that trip the breaker as soon as their plugged in.

This has been a weird phenomenon for the last few years.

Has anyone else run into this?

Have you had them checked by a certified electrician ??, or only wannabee electricians on forums ??

Electricity doesn't give one too many chances of living when you get electrocuted.

I don't play with electricity, it can be deadly oh-so quickly.

:yoda:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You may just need new breakers on them.

I was told that those breakers (if similar to the one on other airmovers) only last for 3-4 trips and then are weak and need replaced????

Reactions: Jeremy N

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
Jeremy,

This is an issue we've seen quite a bit at our store here in Nashville. When Mytee designed those air movers, they overlooked a potential issue down the road. Fortunately, the problem is rather easy to fix.

When you open up the air mover on the motor guard and cap side, you'll see a wire running to the start capacitor with a rubber wire connector on the end. The way Mytee designed the unit has that connector rubbing right up again the metal place of the housing, and over time it eventually rubs through the connector and causes it to trip the breaker. If you replace that wire connector and bend it 90 degrees so it doesn't make contact with the metal plate, you should be fine.

If you have any questions, or this doesn't make sense, give me a call at (800) 711-4716 and I'll run you through it.

Thanks,

Matt Stein

tcdepot

Name
The Cleaner's Depot
Yeah, you certainly don't run into those issues with DriEaz equipment, but some guys just can't say no to an inexpensive air mover.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot … it cannot be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better.” ~ John Ruskin

I think Mytee makes good products but when it comes to airmovers I prefer to pay more and have it last longer. Restoration is a tough business and its hard on equipment, we've always come out well with Drieaz products. If we used them less frequently it wouldn't bother me to buy Mytee airmovers.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot … it cannot be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run. And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better.” ~ John Ruskin

I think Mytee makes good products but when it comes to airmovers I prefer to pay more and have it last longer. Restoration is a tough business and its hard on equipment, we've always come out well with Drieaz products. If we used them less frequently it wouldn't bother me to buy Mytee airmovers.

I've had these for a few years that I got during a big storm. I certainly don't have any plans to buy more.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom