Need help/advice GOV SAM registration.

Discussion in 'Lets talk Business!' started by Nomad74, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Cleanworks
    Cleanworks

Name:
    Ron Marriott
    They'll be asking now. You know they're monitoring Mikey's board.
  2. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    Oh sorry. I meant Angie’s List
    Cleanworks likes this.
  3. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    @Lee Stockwell any chance I can email you my bid and have you look it over? They were very vague on the bid request but I did my best to provide them with the needed info.
  4. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    Man. I am flustered with this bid right now. What a disorganized cluster****. I’m too annoyed to every type about it right now.

Honestly, if I get this it will be a miracle.
  5. Ron K
    Ron K

password, hope that helps!
    Nomad74 and Lee Stockwell like this.
  6. Swani
    Swani

Name:
    Nick
    I hope you get it! Looks like there's plenty of footage to make some serious money.
  7. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    It wasn’t very last minute. The guy never scheduled a time to have me come out and measure. He said he would email all the info needed. So all I get email is “building is 50k sqft with stairs”. I’m like WTF? The bid had to be in today. So I noted my pricing and stated that due to the late notice of the bid, and lack of information the bid was only based on the info provided.

I get a response at 4:25pm that I can come in and walk the building. I call the number, no answer. I leave a voicemail and say I’m on my way. When I get there the place is locked down like Fort Knox. No one will let me in without a scan card. Knocked on the door and was ignored by the employees inside. By now I’m fuming pissed.

I emailed back “submit my original bid”.

Just rediculous.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  8. Nomad74
    Nomad74

Supportive Member

Name:
    Damon
    They should have scheduled time for me to go in and do it right. Stupid me for thinking the feds would actually provide me with the correct information. I might try again tomorrow morning.
    Swani likes this.
  9. Sierra Clean Care
    Sierra Clean Care

Name:
    Jeff T
    I had something similar happen a few years back. The guy phones, and says we’ve got a building with a few floors, the carpets aren’t that bad, there’s 2 sets of stairs, what’s your price? As I started to ask him detailed questions, he started to get short with me. I said, with the severe lack of information, I can’t give him a accurate quote.... his reply? ‘JUST FORGET IT THEN... and hung up on me.....
    Lee Stockwell likes this.
  10. Rob Grady
    Rob Grady

Name:
    Rob Grady
    I have to be CSIS cleared for my work at a nuclear facility. The forms are very detailed, but I have never had to include passwords. I believe the employees with higher security access may have to.
    The paper work I am required for site, is five pages, I can't imagine twenty eight pages.
  11. Hack Attack
    Hack Attack

Name:
    Dan
    I could be wrong (I seldom am dammit! and I hope I'm wrong :lol:) but the more difficult it is the less likely you were ever an option.. Coming from another industry where I would "ok" 70k of product to be used in a single day "I HAD TO HAVE 3 QUOTES" on my desk regardless of who I chose. The price was irrelevant but the process had to be followed (I personally never chose the cheapest but I NEEDED serious reasons why I chose the most expensive) it was my butt on the line and getting it kicked was a daily possibility.
    I often told my preferred supplier where they needed to be, and I had no problem rejecting their bid to keep them in line
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    Bruce Humphrey and Lee Stockwell like this.