Need leather help

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Nobody knows what caused the stains & house manger tried to clean unsuccessfully, I tried both Chemspech's & Masterblends Leather cleaner & stains didn't budge, so I need suggestions,

Thinking about trying this http://www.leatherworldtech.com/Leather-Master-Dye-Transfer-Cleaner-p/lmldtc.htm

Job is in Pasadena, Ca. & I would prefer to sub it out to an expert so contact me if interested.
IMG_0046.jpg IMG_0044.jpg IMG_0045.jpg IMG_0043.jpg
IMG_0041.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
That may not be a stain. Too me it looks like the pigment and protection is missing. What you are seeing is the natural grain of the leather. A repair may be necessary.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
That may not be a stain. Too me it looks like the pigment and protection is missing. What you are seeing is the natural grain of the leather. A repair may be necessary.
Agreed, but they can't figure out what could have caused the pigment to be damaged in 5 areas like that so I thought I would try a specialty cleaner before looking into re-dying.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Great Scott Warrington, said what I was thinking, re the mould.

To me, it looks like a finished (protected/pigmented) leather, going by the shine in one pic.

If so, this is NOT a job for an untrained person as it is a repair job, not just a simple clean.

Lonnie McDonald of Textile Care Group may also be able to advise or help you with a tech; in your area.

:yoda:

Reactions: J Scott W

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom