Need recommendation for a battery operated sprayer

tim

Omni sprayer issues

I have used the OMNI sprayer for 2 years. When it works, it is a great machine. My complaints are that the switch wears out in a few months, I have replaced mine 4 or 5 times, the battery charger that comes with it is crap, had 3 of them and they have blown a fuse in my new van, causing the CDS to shut down, or at the very least, blown the fuse inside the battery compartment where you have to unscrew 8 screws with an allen wrench to replace! The charging receptacle is not a tight fit so sometimes you think it is recharging and it is not. The stretchable hose constantly gets caught in the wheels and the trigger leaks often into the machine and leaks prespray out of the wheels! I have had 2 of them and have the same issues with both. I have talked to local reps and national people at Connections. They just smile and shrug their shoulders. My next sprayer will be a multisprayer. The cant have as many issues!

BillC

admiralclean said:
They're not intended for use by $9.95 per room cleaners.

Then I shouldn't get one since I only charge $8.95 per room!! :lol:

I really like the Multi-sprayer but I just wish it had bigger than a 2gal jug.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Yeah, and that "2 gallon" jug on holds a little over a gallon and a half, unless my gallon bucket is marked wrong .... AND of that gallon and a half, the sprayer leaves probably about an eight of a gallon still sitting in the bucket when it loses prime.

The Multi-sprayer ain't perfect ... but it sure is dependable.

BillC

I just ordered the RocketSprayer. I think for the price and 5gal jug it will be a good investment..

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Been using the multisprayer from Hardball now for over a year and have not had a single problem. I would have preferred the hose come out the top somewhere and that the charging receptacle was on the front of the case.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Probably the best. When you're spraying water for Scotchgard, it's harder for them to be able to tell with the Rocket sprayer because the 5 gallon jug is a little harder to see through.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
that's because it is quality plastic not that paper thin cheap shit that implodes as you spray.........

BillC

admiralclean said:
Probably the best. When you're spraying water for Scotchgard, it's harder for them to be able to tell with the Rocket sprayer because the 5 gallon jug is a little harder to see through.

Is that how you make your money, using water instead of protectant? I just needed something for large commercial jobs and with 5gal I won't need to fill up as often. :roll:

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Hey Jim,

Have you ever sprayed any type of "thicker than normal sealer" solvent based or paver type sealer through that?

Paver sealer has 25% solids in it and I was thinking of getting one for that purpose. I am going to call them in the next couple of days.

Bryan

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
No but I talked to them before buying it and they said it can pump some pretty thick stuff threw it.............

Call them.very helpful

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
BillC said:
I like how the multi-sprayer is set up, BUT $600!! :shock:

that's seems quite high.
Should be able find them all day in the $450 range, no?

If you buy the Rocket Sprayer, change the cheap crappy spray wand it comes with and put a good one on it.

I bought a Rocket sprayer years ago and used it for a minute.
The first thing i did was change the spray wand.

Like Marty, i found it far too cumbersome for res use.
(and we do very little large com jobs)
And with 4 gal solution in it, it's another 45 pound tool to lift in and out of the van

..L.T.A.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when I was younger and had more hair and less common since I would not think twice about lifting it in and out of the truck fully loaded.....

now I have more common since and less hair and have learned to work smart and not hard.
It is very rare that I lift this in and out of the truck or up stairs full

the pouch on the front is for small bottles that I put the 02 in and I carry a male QD in my pocket so if I have a 2 story I mix it up there or I just pull it out and use my hose to mix before I go into a house on a single story...........
buy the time I am done with most jobs it is just about empty and light to lift into the truck......it is not that hard to work with

hogjowl

Idiot™
Jim:

I do believe you have all the qualities necessary to be a great pad salesman.

You might ought to give John G, a call while you're always right.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I don't try to be right .but.I do work hard at being a helpful as I can...

do you have a 401K ?????

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom