Need rug help. Have pics

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Cust just bout these off Craig's list. Guy selling them said his wife got them from Iran like 50 years ago...

They were very damp because the guy had them on his driveway and the sprinklers came on while he was inside lol

He all bit gave them to my customer.

Any idea of value?

Advice on how to proceed
They say the rugs stink really bad..they want them cleaned and deodorized

Thanks

7unaja7u.jpg

5e9y2a6y.jpg

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Looks like color bleed into the fringes, so they are going to be more work if I am seeing that correct. Will have to dry them to do a dusting of some kind on them I would guess. Going to have to color stabilize. For the fringes, might need some fringe bleech as last resort... Just throwing out thoughts. Might not be an easy task. What does back look like? Just wondering if has cheap covering on back all making smell worse.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I would find 2-3 very reputable in plant rug companies and sub the work to them (interview them and pick the one you feel is the best fit), make sure they cut you a deal if you bring them in, than you can charge an additional price to make some $ on them and much less stress and liability on you (on these hand made rugs).

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Take close up photos that show the corner turned back and include part of the fringe and the side of the rug along with part of the back side. Photo needs to be clear. One measure is to place a quarter in the photo. It should be clear enough to read the etx on the quarter. Rug experts will have an easier time identifying rug if they have this type of photo along with overall photos you already posted. The shade of blue used is unusual if that is the actual color. Sometimes the lighting affects how the color looks on a monitor.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ugly colors, must be Dolphin fans????

Not only would the rug date your decor but it would be hard to match it with much more than my black velvet Elvis painting collection. :afro:

I wonder what colors Bryan O'Halleck uses to coordinate with them in his home? :p

Last edited by a moderator:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
From our rug appraiser and ID expert here at Bridgepoint -

They both look like a faux silk. It looks like they are from Kayseri, Turkey especially the second rug. These are often sold as silk to unsuspecting tourists. 3 x 5 rugs of this type are worth about $250 to $400 new. They could have been woven or sold in Iran by Kayseri people.

WillS

Supportive Member
Name
Will
Gotta use a dry cleaning product on that rug like HOST. Can't get silk to wet. Take an extractor to the ends.

Ron K

Gotta use a dry cleaning product on that rug like HOST. Can't get silk to wet. Take an extractor to the ends.

Silk is first boiled ,in water, as the first part of it's manufacturing process, not ground up corn cobs husk.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
From our rug appraiser and ID expert here at Bridgepoint -

They both look like a faux silk. It looks like they are from Kayseri, Turkey especially the second rug. These are often sold as silk to unsuspecting tourists. 3 x 5 rugs of this type are worth about $250 to $400 new. They could have been woven or sold in Iran by Kayseri people.

I agree it appears to be Kayseri to be clear Kayseri is a town in central Turkey and not a an ethnic group or people

Also, we wash most silk rugs there are some rugs not worth the return relative to the soil content ..if it's full of piss what else are you going to spritz it with a nice pine scent??

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom