Need Xactimate line item (if one exists)

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Interlocking rubberized gym floor. Super thick, mega heavy 4'x4' tiles.

The kind in let's say a weight room in your local gyms.

Can't find anything in Xactimate, anyone ever deal with it?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My son has a 20x20 of those under his weights. They art like stall matting but puzzled together. It's nice an cushioned, you can even drop the weights on to it and it doesn't clank.

What are you doing to them Anthony?

Cleaning? removing? disposing?

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I need something simular. I a taking apart a plastic snap together gym floor. I need line items/suggestions for the following things:

Removing (in order and preparing for laying it back down in a pattern)
Cleaning and drying
reinstalling back the way it was

I'm trying to get this thing totaled. If not I will have to clean and dry each one of them. Which is about 6890 tiles. Plus getting them back together with the pattern and basketball lines will be like a huge puzzle. That will suck.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm thinking you'll have to come up with a rate on your own, I doubt Xactimate will have something that specific.

I'd separate them into three separate categories: "Remove tiles/dispose of felt padding" Clean Concrete Floor" "Reinstall floor" Or you could make it a compilation of all your labor and materials then broke down by the number of tiles. I'd work it up both ways and choose the one that works best for you.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
We have to actually steam clean 6895 plastic floor tiles on the front and back.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Clean a few and see how many you can do in an hour and then price it per piece off that. Allow for a little fatigue over several hours.

We once had several thousand pair of tux shoes to clean from a formal wear business that had a fire. It was a pain to clean but was nice getting paid.

Christmas will be good at your household! :winky:

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Aaaand I'll probably do the polishing on the new concrete floor.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Ask them what the value is to total the tiles?
Offer to clean them for half of the totaled price.
You will probably make out great.

What are they going to do with all the tiles? In the insurance company going to salvage them or the

They are in my trailer.

The adjuster wanta some of them. He gave me a wink. I don't know what that means.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
Thanks Doc - (I know this is waaaaaaay late - been ridiculous busy, haven't been here in a while).

This house ended up being the daughter of a very very very wealthy (worth about 1B) daddy - she wanted the easy button. Just trash anything that needs cleaning or service.

Sooooo I ended up with some commercial grade gym flooring (almost enough to start my own local gym), along with a boat load of of AV gear, and gym gear........

I made it clear the elecvtronics gear just needed diagnosed and the floor cleaned and re-installed - she said toss it all..... paid me the $25,000 day service ended as if it were $25 and said her farewells......

Ah the life of an heir to the throne........ must be nice

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom