"new" Big Boy wand

Mikey P

Administrator
bborig-2.jpg

Big Boy Original! With New Rounded Stainless Steel lips!

This Big Boy wand started a following like we had never seen before. Now the same wand is even better with rounded stainless steel lips!
All decked out with 14” heads, 5 stainless jets, 1200 psi, low profile head for an incredible reach and ALL shiny stainless construction Big Boy is back to please.
The weight of this wand is all directed to the head to reduce chatter and make it easier to glide!

Should be easy to use but no base board and transition area protection that Glides provide

Greenie

So.....when do you think they will "get" it?

Clueless.

You lead that fricken horse to water, but then you just end up beating the damn thing.

Frustrating....another year of phone calls, 'so what about those round SS glide wands?'

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I love how he says all the weight is in the head so it will have less chatter.

That just tells me it's heavy as hell.

Would love to try one just for the hell of it.

Wonder what they are charging for it?

G

Does that mean for all those years with Coit and some on your own,you were #@!%$# up everybody's baseboard? I bet the local painter refered you alot. :p

Greenie

and when the rounded glide wears a thin flat spot at the vacuum slot and forms two razors, and the gap between those razors grows each month making pushing the wand real interesting.

Let me dig up a pic of this exact thing:

and let me tell you this, that slot is razor sharp.

DSC02848.jpg

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Rounded surface area is the key.

I've got a experimental wand just like that in my office!

The gig is up greenie........................

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Can't they just make the lips rounded more?

Hey Greenie, can you make the part near the baseboards on your glide not as thick so we can get closer to the baseboards?

Have you tried anything like that?

Greenie

What about the "edge channel", is it not deep or large enough, should it be bigger, as it stands now it'll pull a pile of pepper from 5" away on a tile floor.

Greenie

smart ass.

Does it, or does it not pull the moisture from a filtration line, that is the issue, if not good enough, the only answer is making the edge channel larger.
And you wonder why suppliers hate cleaners?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
It works that way as long as the spray hits the ends. lol.
I was just thinking if the front was shaved down a bit, you could get the edge that way as well.

Just thinking out loud.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Is that a 2" wand?
I would never skimp on a wand, you have to use it EVERY day! When you look down at a POS wand everyday figure in your prescription to Zanex(sp? or your choice of anti-depressant)

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Like I said its the rounded head that makes it work.

The teflon is just a gimick as in replaceable razor blades.

Constant money flow.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Walrus said:

Constant money flow.

I think there is more to it then a rounded head though would be much easier then a regular wand...

That thing would suck right to the floor like a conventional wand, wouldn't it?

Walt

Walrus said:

Constant money flow.

Have you tried the glide on a EVO wand? Horrible in comparison to a teflon glide.

Brian Robison said:
I was just thinking if the front was shaved down a bit, you could get the edge that way as well.

Just thinking out loud.

The channel is good. But with a holed glide it can leave funny lines at the edges on some carpet making grooming necessary. It doesn't work as well as a edging tool, but what does.

The reason I like the GG stair tool so much is the ability to get into the cracks better than the prochem stair tool.

Greenie

Ron Werner said:
Could a glide head be made from SS rod, ie solid, rather than a tube?

Sure it could, we would call it the FeatherWeight, would you like 1.25" rod, or 1.5" rod? :roll:

Mikey P

Administrator
What the hell does Jimmy know about anything.

He cleans 8 carpets a month and 6 of them are his 2 by 3 closet that he lives in.

Greenie

Brian Robison said:

Leave nothin' to chance intentionally hose down your filtration lines on a perimeter walk around, the wetter, the better, then they sluuuurp out.

Good point, it is possible to cut the front edge back a bit, so that when you were in the cleaning position you could get closer to the baseboard, run it across your belt sander at the proper angle and report back.

As you know, that glide uses 1.5" diameter teflon rod...it's huge, the only glide made to date to use that large of a diameter, there isn't a good reason to make the mouth of that wand so wide, but it is what it is....so retrofit is all we can do.
If I had one here I could dial it in a little better.

hogjowl

Idiot™
The hole glide leaves marks on the carpets that make grooming necessary simply because some of you dumb-asses insist on GreenBean putting that wider slot on both ends. I've complained about it often before. It takes a perfectly good glide and turns it into a carpet marking monster.

I have absolutely no interest in a stainless steel "glide" on my wand. Teflon is still king in my world, and Jimmy is invited to join me in it whenever he decides to upgrade to the 21st century.

Greenie

holes come with or without edge channels on the most popular models....you do give up some edging though.

hogjowl

Idiot™
May be ... but you don't have to post groom. Which is a way better trade off. And, if you prevacuum, why do you need the the extra hole?

Admit it, you put that wider slot in there because most of your customers are vacuumless hacks.

Greenie

pretty much.

It's just a crumb catcher for that rogue piece that evaded your suck mop.

G

Keep up with those descriptive words guys; it's nearly bedtime and its hunting season; woooooo hoooooo!!!!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
The teflon glide is good because it doesn't rip up the carpet. It kind of heals it'self with use and the little slits close up.

The crappy ass glide that comes with the evolution wand gets nicks in it from the tack strip or whatever and then starts pulling up the carpet fibers.
Real nice when a custy is overseeing your work.

G

what is the price tag ????

Big Boy Original! With New Rounded Stainless Steel lips!

This Big Boy wand started a following like we had never seen before. Now the same wand is even better with rounded stainless steel lips!
All decked out with 14” heads, 5 stainless jets, 1200 psi, low profile head for an incredible reach and ALL shiny stainless construction Big Boy is back to please.
The weight of this wand is all directed to the head to reduce chatter and make it easier to glide!

Should be easy to use but no base board and transition area protection that Glides provide[/quote]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom