New Heat Exchanger Blew Out

pcikeith

This thread was brought to my attention by one of our dealers. These coils carry a 2 year warranty, not 1 year. I apologize if you have been told otherwise by someone at our location but if you will contact me I will correct the situation for you. We are moving next week to our new location so you may have a difficult time getting me by phone but if you will e-mail me at pcikeith@sbcglobal.net I will get this worked out for you ASAP.

With regard to the comments about using stainless instead of copper, we have been using these coils for about 10 years and I have never seen this type of failure. Other companies in our industry have been using this same coil for even longer and it has been extremely reliable.

Keith Schuyler
Vice President
PowerClean Industries
1-800-378-0380

Mikey P

Administrator
Hi Keith

Thanks for joining us.

Do you have any interest in sending a Geni59 to our fest next month?

Maybe my ol' pal Billy Calvert could drive one out.

I know Greenie would love to be able to "tweek/pimp" one for the 80 or so attendees.

Matt King

As I've said before, Powerclean stands behind their machines if there is a problem. Keith's a good guy.. but back to the coil, If they used a SS coil the heat transfer would be extremely poor for a 3000 psi coil. That's why copper is used for the Pre-heat and everything else is stainless as Gary mentioned. On the pto I'm doing I've tested stainless coils/tubes, copper coils/tubes all of different wall thickness. This is strictly for liquid to liquid heat transfer as on the Genesis. The heat transfer on the high psi stainless (and I'm talking about 1000 psi tops) is almost non existent with any good amount of flow. Copper is the best material to use for this situation. Exhaust is a different story..

minuteman

Matt King, it looks as though you are right on the "money" Powerclean stands behind their machines if there is a problem.

Mr. Gary Bethel, Powerclean equipment in Australia, Thank you for standing behind your product!

Jethro, I could not have said it better, "Keith, Now that is leadership , well done!" "But I will Try"

Mr. Keith Schuyler, "Thank you for for standing behind your product, "I am Impressed" "My Hat is off to you"!!!

Mike, "Please" "If Greenie where to "tweek/pimp" a Geni59 it might eat your "Vortex" for breakfast!

Greg

G

I have found by playing around with things in my shop. A 10,000 psi 0.035 wall thickness ss coil does a pretty good job at liquid to liquid transfer.

I am still developing my liquid to liquid transfer hx.

Billy

Name
BH
This is what the boards can do for you. Not to many years ago manufactures wouldn't even care what we said because no one would hear about it. Now with the Internet you get their attention. It shouldn't be this way but it is. This is also why the manufactures like control of our boards.

Not talking about any one manufacture.

Good-luck Greg

minuteman

Nick, Thank you for your support and like you said over the phone this morning "its nice to see a company back up there product"!Greg

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I am still confused about why it says stainless then???

I mean if part of it is then fine...but if part of its not then you should let them know that to....who knows the copper part could by in a "low pressure" area and then it has a "high pressure" area that has the stainless...

I stand up and applaud him for coming out here and setting it straight...to bad it had to get to this point, and they didn't just listen to begin with...

Greenie

There is a fine line between "getting their attention" and holding a company Ransom.

Gary Bethel

Supportive Member
Name
Gary Bethel
Floorguy, if I understand your question correctly: "I am still confused about why it says stainless then??? ", you are trying to understand which heat exchange is stainless is that correct?
The actual exhaust heat exchange is stainless and so is the engine exhaust muffler manufactured in stainless steel. So is the exhaust tubing also made from stainless.
The Genesis has three other static heat exchanges apart from the exhaust heat exchange. These are low temperature heat exchanges for pre heating the water only.

Gary.

John Watson

Thank you Keith for correcting the wrong. My chopsla is off to you, Sir.

I understand miss understandings But, blatant denials are the wrong type of customer service.

Thank you Mikey for having this format. You know what would have happened on the other boards.

Mikeys Board to the rescue, Minuteman saved!!! Hip hip hooray!!!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
that's what i said wasn't it?? i could be wrong "only once every so often"

so i gather that what broke are these other ones??

this is were the net can be sticky, we see a few things talking about the machine and expect A & B, when it is really C that broke but we all think its A and so on and so on...

any who i again think him stepping up shows a lot for the company...even if it may not be covered...i mean in the grand scheme of things to offer up a $300(retail) part to keep him happy when it is a GREY area, shows alot to others out there...now it will always be in the back of my mind IF i ever decide to go that big that these guys will be at the front of my mind

Jerry

Supportive Member
I would have been really surprised if Powerclean would have not stepped up for you. They have been terrific on support,warranties etc. for me!
Jerry

marko

To this day, best business decision made was to use freeflow equipment. The above post speak volumes about Nick. Good stuff.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom