New here, Saying hello

AquaClean

been Lurking for a little while, I own a Home services company here in Houston, We started as pressure washing company, but now offer painting, deck staining, and concrete sealing, Looking to add carpet cleaning in 2010 so im trying to learn as much as possible, on chems to use, and pricing. Equipment is my biggest concern, Im leaning more towards truck mounted, But portable Extractors is another option. Also I was looking at the rotovac website and they have a package with extractor chems and rotovac for a pretty decent price, anyone have personal experience with that equipment?

Thank you all

John

Mikey P

Administrator
Skip the Rotosoaker tool.

A used TM or new portable along with a 175rpm 1.5 horse power floor scrubber, a shampoo brush and a good glided wand along with a upright vacuum with an aggressive beater bar will do you far better.

Bob Foster

Welcome.

If you could come up with a realistic estimate of the number of homes you would be cleaning carpet in a month that would help some of us give you some ideas.

I would hold off on the Rotovac thing until you understand more about the options you have.

One thing that did occur to me is tile and grout cleaning might be well suited for your company to do.

Please check out our search function to look at different brands and methods.

damion68

I wouldnt go the porty route. It gets old quick.

Like Mike said, a 175 w/brush; and a decent tm. The rest is chems.

AquaClean

Thank you for all the answers, Here is some more Information,

I have a nice established client base already, So I think I am going to send postcards to my existing customers letting them know of the added service, I will have 20 TV commercials in march so i think that can generate some business.

I will probably start adding carpet cleaning to my website from now to increase the rankings before 2010

Currently we average 9-13 jobs per week, Im hoping with the added service of carpet cleaning, we can add about 10 homes per week.

With pressure washing, we let our chemicals work for us, somewhat like yall, let the detergents and surfactants remove the grime and extract.

I am very interested in cleaning tile and grout as well.

Thank you all so far the great help.

I plan on spending 3-5k on my first set of carpet cleaning equipment

John

Mikey P

Administrator
John

I made you a Supportive Member here so you can do some extensive research.

You wont find a more HONEST (meaning not trying to sell you a machine or website design package) helpful (but Snarky, you have to remember that damn Sanrkyism thing around here) bunch of folks willing and able to help get your biz going.

enjoy!

Name
I'm Rick James
Welcome to our little slice of heaven. If youve been lurking and still hanging around you will fit in well. This BB can help you with all your needs.

Carpet cleaning is going to be a gret ad on to your company.

Jimbo

Hey John...thanks for the intro...sounds like CC will be a great addition to your existing business! Do a search on 'Mytee'...and 'Nordic 1'...you will find some interesting info on portables...I'm really sure if you start with a porty you will graduate to a truckmount in a few months time...There are some nice van/truckmount combos available use for 10k and under...just a thought.- Jim

AquaClean

Mikey Thank you for doing that for me, Im sure it will really help.

Again thank you all for the warm welcome seems like a pretty cool forum.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
AquaClean said:
I plan on spending 3-5k on my first set of carpet cleaning equipment

You won't be able to buy a new truckmount for 3-5K, but you may find a well maintained older truckmount for that price.

There's nothing wrong starting out with a good used TM.

Welcome aboard, John.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom