"New" KICK ASS powdered product from Prochem need testers...

John Olson

Name
John Olson
So I have Prochem sending me a "new" product to send out to be tested. I need 8 people that clean dirty carpet that will be willing to use it until it is gone and come back and tell me and procem what you thought about it. This is a High PH cleaner so I need apartment/commercial/rat nasty cleaners to use this. I need feedback in a week after you have it so no one that cleans 2 jobs a week sorry. Once it is final I will offer up a killer deal to everyone.

What I need from you is
1. How is the "smell"?
2. How did it mix?
3. How did it clean?
4. How did it rinse out?
5. Will you buy it?

If you think you can do that post your name here and PM me your address and when it gets here I'll send you out a jug of it. Again please don't ask if your not actually able to thoroughly use it and give timely feedback. I am anxious to get this on my shelf but we need to know what you guys think.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Jerry Cooper
If you think you can do that post your name here and PM me your address and when it gets here I'll send you out a jug of it.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

Is it the new "Flex" powder with citrusolve mixed in?

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
I will try it, I do about 85% nasty rentals.
You have my address on file.

Last edited:

Ron K

I'll try it also from the Pacific Northwest where the water is NOT HARD! I usually use dry slurry very diluted. 2oz to 2.5 gallons at 1.5-2.0 metered.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Sorry it as all spoken for already. For those that don't get a chance to try it if there is any more tweaks to it after this trial batch i'll hook you up

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Sending these out today to those that PM'd with their addresses first. Those that didn't get this first batch I will send you one of the final's when they are ready.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Lee Stockwell
Got our sample today, great timing! We will likely have used it up by end of day Monday. Made sure the guys give it a fair and brutal workout complete with pix and video.

They have Powerburst, Dry Slurry and Enzall on the truck to compare. PC 405s and WM Pro 2000 running balls to the wall all next week.

Me?...I sweat keeping them in Gatorade.

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
used it today on 3 jobs..one was a CGD......kind of early to tell but so far not to bad........

got to do something about the smell...bad chemical smell to it.....doesn't smell clean..smells chemically....

with the stuff I normally use I always have clients tell me it smells clean.......and thats what you want to here.....

Name
Lee Stockwell
We largely clear rinse, but keep a dilute detergent in the tanks for this month's project. Rat nasty university apts. We have to blast thru quickly and with no excuses. About 400 4br units. 8 flow wands so I doubt much prespray odor will linger. 15th year on these.

Mikey P

Administrator
Smell is horrible.

So bad that I don't want to test it any more.

Next three Hydroforce batches continued to reek.

But it worked well.

What hole in the PC line up ate they trying to fill with this?

Reactions: John Olson

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ok let's try this a third time. Not trying to fill a whole but improve. Smell is a big part of that. Mikey wants no smell and Jim is wanting a clean smell which is what we are after. The batch that was sent out was supposed the 4th batch that had a 9-10 approval so if we don't get 10 or more that like it then something is wrong with what got sent out. I didn't check them before sending them so we will wait and see but the comments are very important. Now how did it mix and how did it clean?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It mixed good for a powder....no bricks in the bottom...de-solves pretty good....rinsed out good...
Cleaning is to soon to tell...haven't used it long enough to put it on to many different things..but so far it seems pretty good...

So far the smell is what is going to do it in.....

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
It definately beat Enzall this afternoon. Justin has video, but I'd like him to participate here and post it.

Lee, what dilute of EnZall and how are they applying it?

in-line or electric sprayer??

Thanks

reason i ask...i can't get enough EnZall in an in-line before it stops siphoning

..L.T.A.

Name
Steve Lawrence
Thanks, John. I got my product.

But the mix directions are goofy. It says to put 2 scoops in each gallon of water for a pump up sprayer but for a hydroforce injection sprayer it says you only need 6 scoops. According to my math if each gallon RTU has 2 scoops a 9-1 injection sprayer with one gallon of concentrated product in it should have 9 times what an RTU gallon has or (9x2) 18 scoops.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It is 12oz per hydroforce so 1.5oz per gallon or 1 scoop to make it easy not sure why it says 4oz per gallon (2scoops) didn't notice that will make sure it is pointed out after all the testing. Thanks for noticing that.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Thanks, John. I got my product.

But the mix directions are goofy. It says to put 2 scoops in each gallon of water for a pump up sprayer but for a hydroforce injection sprayer it says you only need 6 scoops. According to my math if each gallon RTU has 2 scoops a 9-1 injection sprayer with one gallon of concentrated product in it should have 9 times what an RTU gallon has or (9x2) 18 scoops.
and I'm not sure why everyone started calling hydroforce 9-1 it has always been 8-1 and at some point In the last 6-7 years it quietly changed to 9-1 I do all my math at 8-1 which I think is more accurate. I think the 9-1 started with Sal calling his 9-1 and everyone quietly stated calling theirs 9-1 too

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Steve Lawrence
Well, okay John, but that would mean 16 scoops for an 8-1 sprayer, not 6.

BTW, our yellow tip for injection sprayers does say 9-1. What color are you referring to?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I got mine Friday, to late for large commercial job, had a much smaller comm. job Sat. I used it on. Place was lightly soiled at most. Not the best place to test, they did however have some entry mats/rugs I used it on.

Cleaning ability, seemed just fine or as I would expect with any product.

1. How is the "smell"? I agree with others, kinda smelled like
laundry detergent while being applied. After it was down on carpet, smelled it much less. After rinsing no smell.

2. How did it mix? Seemed to mix fine, even thought it appeared to be clumpy.

3. How did it clean? See above, cleaned fine.

4. How did it rinse out? Well the smell was gone, so must have rinsed well.

5. Will you buy it? Maybe, depends on what it's for. High ph, low ph and so on. We didn't get much info, on what it's safe for.

One thing that was nice about product, seemed to have less foam/suds in waste tank than our normal prespray.

Should no more this week. Thanks again for the sample.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Well, okay John, but that would mean 16 scoops for an 8-1 sprayer, not 6.

BTW, our yellow tip for injection sprayers does say 9-1. What color are you referring to?
1.5x8=12 each scoop is 2oz so 6 scoops. And the yellow tip was always said to be 8-1 for as long as I can remember until sal started calling his 9-1 then things changed. Not sure if the yellow tip changed or if it was wrong from the beginning but I still do all my math based on 8-1 as most people are probably at 6-1 because they don't change their metering valves like they should. Also if your using soft water you can use 4-5 scoops and get thessame results as 6 scoops. Either way the pump sprayer info is wrong 4 oz per gallon is way more then you will ever need

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom