New measurement for water flow

Bob Foster

We often discuss water flow and jetting on wands. The only thing is we are talking often of two or three different widths of wands.

It would be more meaningful for comparing apples to apples that we talk in gallons/inch.

If your running a two jet 12 inch wand with 02 jets it is producing .33 per inch ( 4 gallons divided by 12 inches)

A person running a 14" 5 jet wand with 3's in it is consuming 1.07 per inch.

Make sense? And when you put it that way it dramatically shows a huge difference in water consumption.

Greenie

I am proficient with BobSpeak, comes from hangin' on the KleenQuip board.

Bob has a valid point.

ie: Two wands, one 14" and one 10" wide, both jetted for 06 flow.

One wand has a hell of a lot more water volume per linear inch of vacuum slot than the other.

We all know that 06 gpm flow does not actually mean we are flowing 6 gallons per min, that is just a theoretical flow rate at 4000 psi.

But it does set the stage for Bob's question, How much water is flowing per linear inch of the wand ?

If the two above wands produced 1 gallon per min., the 10" wand would have 1/10th of a gal. per inch of vac slot or 0.10 gpm per inch, and the 14" would have 70% of that or 0.07 gpm per in (gpmpi).

It's a good and fair standard, and should probably be referenced as a benchmark, just like Duane Oxley uses 06 flow at 600psi as his standard when evaluating heat on a system.

I kinda like Duane's standard, if we add these together we can get a solid point for all to compare and better understand what is and what is not going on with Heat, Flow, Pressure & GPM in real world comparisons.

danpauselius

Another point to consider ... vacuum. The smaller the head of the wand, the more air that flows through each inch of the opening. This should aid recovery of all that increased flow.

steve r

but at what point does the water change the flow of air?
when is it too much water for the air flow?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
is this rocket science or fizzicks?

either way, I probably skipped class the day they taught it in skool

I was gonna go to school today..
but den i got high
I was gonna take da fizzicks class
but den I got high
but den I got high
but den I got high....