New Triple 3-Stage Portable w/500 PSI Pump

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
We have a brand new contender for most powerful portable.
New Vac motors have made this machine possible.
It has three 3-stage hi-efficiency vac motors ...
and a 500 PSI Pump system:
breeze3-3sts.jpg

Pump-out also installed.

Runs on just two electric cords.

Larry

Brett

What is the amp draw of the new motors Larry, and what is the amp draw per each cord? What length of hose runs have you tested it with? What is the cost of those motors from you?

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Umm, is it just me, or is the APO plumbed to fill the inside of the machine with water when it runs? I assume that hose normally goes somewhere else?

Ryan

I think it is like just under 20 amps on one cord and 15 on the other according to what ken has 'splained to me. I'm thinking lots of thrown breakers here.

Brett

The Recoil is pulling 19 amps no load with the 2 stage and 3 stage motors running on one cord. 10.4 amp 3 stage and I think it was 1.6 amps for the pump on the other. The new Recoil I think is 13.5 amp 3 stage on the pump cord. I would take a machine like Larry is building with 3 cords and if it works ok on two circuits you can plug in two cords to one wall outlet, but 3 cords gives you options. I run 2 Honda 2000 watt generators that can run 11-12 amps continuous and weigh 45lbs and real quiet. One cord Honda and two house or two cords Hondas and one house. Options.

Greenie

JHC.....Larry.....Where do I start with that abomination?

I had hope you were gonna Give the boys here a good show with something new and different.....Just shoot me.

Now I'm back to just buy an M5 and be done with it.

Ryan

But this has one more three stage vac motor then the m-5 :? so wouldn't it be a third more powerful? They also claim these are more powerful motors. Not trying to cause trouble here just trying to understand.

Brett

I'm guessing that those new motors pull around 8-9 amps if your running two off of one cord.

Greenie

Ryan......same motors man.

Putting a third vac in SERIES behind 1 of the 2 avail. parallel vacs (that SHARE the SAME vacuum manifold) is just imbalanced redneck nightmare design.

It's stuff like this that misleads the newbies.

Why would you want incresed Waterlift on 1/2 of your vacuum system?

It doesn't even need the third vac, the 2 high efficiency vacs making 230 cfm @ 146" waterlift is plenty.

All that at a sacrifice of the paltry undersized DC motor pump?

Put the M5 AC pump motor back on....please.

And Panel mount the pressure regulator, and add some better COOLING to the Chassis, cause you are gonna need it, thos vacs put off some heat. Where is the Pressure Gauge?

The auto pump out needs Larger diameter hose as well.

R

rotovacguy

Oh man, I pity the poor dude that has to get in there to repair or replace anything. That looks like 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.

What about heat? I would imagine that compartment gets hot enough to cook an egg, or should I say cook a motor prematurely. I would have to think one would get better suck putting two 3 stagers in there, and running a 3 stage inline booster closer to the wand, plus the unit would be way easier to service if needed. That pump looks shoehorned in there, and it's only 500 psi, with a dc motor! And is that a pressure adjuster there? If so, that has to be quite the PITA popping that thing open when you want to adjust the pressure. No thanks, I'll keep my 1500 psi, 3.2 GPM external any day.

And that third motor, the one in series, maybe it's just my eyes, but why / how is the hose connected to the inside of the exhaust?? Plus with that bend in it, that just has to be killing the bulk of what suck it should provide.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
According to a post I read somewhere, that is Ken's Titan X3, which is built for him by Cobb's.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I'm gonna play Devil's advocate here. My Recoil has been modified- somewhat. I put in 3 two stage motors. The first set in series, the third left on it's own stand pipe. It works great. In fact, I've already 3 corded it, 2- 25 footers and a 50 with the intention of replacing them all with 3 stage motors when these ones wear out in the same configuration. I can scream till my wiener falls off that 2 separate sets of 2 stages, 2 in series to 2 parallels will blow your mind with the suction, but nobody listens to my wisdom. Make it a 3 corder with a General or Hypro pump and leave the rest behind in the rear view mirror.

Now some one build the damn thing. Or I will. :wink:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
The primary cord is drawing 19 amps. It requires a 20 amp circuit.

The second cord is drawing 14 amps. It requires a 15 amp circuit.

There is a fan cooling the equipment and a vent at the opposite end.

The pump system has about 1.4 GPM of water flow.

It is not quite as crowded as the picture portrays it.

The pump-out hose was not connected when the photo was taken.

Larry

PS. Willy, the 4 vacs you like are 250 air watts each or 1000 air watts total.
The three 3-stage vacs are 600 air watts each or 1800 air watts total.

Greenie - I am sensing a little irritability in your posts.

Bjorn

breeze3-3sts.jpg

sorry Larri I got you beat

this also runs on one cord only draws 10 amps on board espresso machine ipod charger and a burrito warmer
Bleu ray disk burner, Heats water to 300 degrees @ 24 flow dual wand capable 12 gallons a minute

we get the heat from our micro nuclear technology

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Ummm - No Larry. 404 air watts per motor, according to specs and an easy run with pump on 3 cords.

Brand new (not rebuilt) 2-stage, 5.7 inch, 110-120 volt Lamb Electric 116472 motor. PLEASE NOTE: Many motors have the number 6472 - it is actually a part number, so be sure your motor has the same measurements as this one. The Height 6.75", Bolt Height 2", Waterlift 106.7", CFM 112, AirWatts 404, Amps 10.7. Replaces 116474, 117073, 7073, 117795, 6474, 7795, 119260, 9260 motors. (119412 is similar except the 116472 has a limited warranty since it spins faster and therefore has a shorter life, but the upside is it has higher CFM and waterlift specs.) Used in many applications, brands and models.

Brett

Willy, which 3 stage motor and part number, amp draw, would you replace your 2 stages with in the future. Just curious if I ever tweak mine.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think the amps being that close to 20 and 15 amps you are going to Pop POP POP. I had this http://www.carpet-cleaning-equipment.ne ... tors.shtml the dual 3 stage and I would get the vacs going hit the pump (200psi) and POP POP POP that is why I always tied into the ground faults with both plug made it a pain in the ass moving around I wound up sticking a generator in the trailer and leave the machine outside with the propane heater

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
There are some SERIOUS tight bends in that vac plumbing.

Question for those who build portys:

WHY are vac motors always mounted to the floor of the unit? Why can't they be mounted to the inner walls as well to more efficiently use space and relieve overcrowding/overheating/tight bends? I'm sure there must be a good reason....what is it?

take care,
Lisa

Brett

More bolts, nuts, and backing plates sticking off the side of the machine comes to mind. If you had an inner side mounting wall that might work for what your describing. You could run a bracket across the bottom and up the sides with an inch or so clearance from the outer wall, but you would be adding extra weight to the machine with the larger brackets. Gravity helps keep the motors in place with lighter mounting hardware when mounted on the bottom perhaps. People laugh at Ed's Recoil with the band clamps holding in the motors, but they save weight and if mounted right with rubber both bottom and top like he now uses, it saves weight and works. I don't approve of hose clamps on the outside of the machine where you can get cut or many if possible on the inside for the same reason.

Ryan

Ok so ken tells me that you can buy em with all three vacs parallel? Would this be a better configuration?

I'm also wondering why all that heat couldn't be put to use heating the water? Something like the perfect heat system powerflite uses? Or would that be breaking patent laws?

Greenie

Ryan said:
Ok so ken tells me that you can buy em with all three vacs parallel? Would this be a better configuration?

First RED flag I see with this design is....if you were using the current GS brand motors that make 115 cfm each, that would be 345 cfm on a SINGLE 2" wire flex hose, with at least one barb in the mix, so that is really closer to 1 3/4" bottleneck.
Second flag is how are you going to Couple all three vacs to the single hose/pipe?

If Kenny were really a genius he'd had figured out how to have three "stacks" in the tank, all I could manage was two big ones.

I'm also wondering why all that heat couldn't be put to use heating the water? Something like the perfect heat system powerflite uses? Or would that be breaking patent laws?

You probably could.
It doesn't change the fact the cabinet is still gonna be 130 degrees and quickly aging every wire and plastic in it not to mention reducing the life span of said components....The name of the game is Keep them Cool, not heat them up and try to "capture" that heat....the heat is still there.

Name
John LaBarbera
truckmount girl said:
There are some SERIOUS tight bends in that vac plumbing.

Question for those who build portys:

WHY are vac motors always mounted to the floor of the unit? Why can't they be mounted to the inner walls as well to more efficiently use space and relieve overcrowding/overheating/tight bends? I'm sure there must be a good reason....what is it?

take care,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Vac motors can be mounted any way you want but a vac motor company told me years ago that the ball bearings were designed to be mounted upright. In addition when they are mounted the way Mytee does it (upright) they are able to be easily replaced from stock off the shelf product which is far more economical than gluing on a nozzle. We used to do that (epoxy the nozzles on) in the '70s and than just tooled up for the manifold. The weight difference is inconsequential. The advantage is priceless.

I agree with the guy who said a booster would be more beneficial closer to the wand than the 3rd vac motor, though it is an interesting thread and the Breeze body is a very good choice for it's low weight and strength.

Mytee is working on a couple new ideas that we will share shortly. Probably around Mikeyfest.

BTW we have some hats left over from Mikeyfest 5 if any of you guys want one just post your address and I will send one n/c while supplies last. First come first serve.

Name
John LaBarbera
Ryan said:

"Perfect Heat" isn't really perfect. It's very difficult to heat water with hot air and those vac motors don't produce enough to heat water. Mytee makes a little air manifold to cool the motors with outside air. If Larry wants to try them I could send him a couple.

The reason the hose is going inside the vac motor is to lower the airflow and thus the amp draw, I think. Correct me if I'm wrong. (it won't be the first time)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom