New Unleashed II+ installed

RichardnTn

PICT0001.jpg
PICT0002.jpg
PICT0003.jpg
PICT0005.jpg

The installation went really well. Had a couple minor issues (wrong jets delivered and no back plate for clutch pump) but Duane corrected them rather quickly... BTW, he fed my wife an I very good... super food...Thanks Richard R.

Attachments

• PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 163
  • PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 160
  • PICT0003.jpg
    PICT0003.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 179
  • PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0005.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 165
  • PICT0001.jpg
    PICT0001.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 169
  • PICT0002.jpg
    PICT0002.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 165
  • PICT0003.jpg
    PICT0003.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 174
  • PICT0005.jpg
    PICT0005.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 172

hogjowl

Idiot™
Man ... that's an awesome looking rig. I envy you that heater.

Let me know the first time you get a second degree burn on your leg.

Dale

Name
Dale Collins
Hi Richard:

I'm glad to hear your back. And this machine sure beats the other one!

Come to Crossvile, and I'll feed you.

Thx,
Dale Collins

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
That's purty. I can't wait to see the HX version he's working on. I might have to head south for my next machine.

hogjowl

Idiot™
You know, the way DooDaddy has laid that thing out leaves a lot of room in the side door. I wonder if it wouldn't be prudent to have the vac reel and solution reels side discharge? Like the Butler set up.

Fon Johnson

Did he take you to Willy's? They have the best burritos I have ever had, and they are HUGE! Hopefully, maybe you got a taste of the rib ranch?? Awesome ribs. I became addicted to these visiting Duane. I realized I had a problem when I would make up an excuse to drive down just to eat! LOL

I know you will be happy with that machine. I have had one of his machines for years. Have I had the occasional problem? Sure I have. The beauty of it is that I can fix most of them myself, AND Duane has always been there to take care of me.

I can't wait to see his new heat exchange machine. I will be holding out to see how that one goes. He has a really cool machine in the wings..

Now I'm getting hungry.. I AM about out of chemicals. I will probably have to drive down to pick some up.. 8)

RichardnTn

Dale. I will surprise you and Lee one of these days and take you up on the meal...Done had a nice meal with Lee and his family though....

Marty, The reels might work out the side but I had him set the machine about 8" from the bulkhead.... BTW, I had him upgrade the pump to a Cat 3CP instead of the 290 and 250 BTU burner.... I've only run it a little but she cooks...My old Steamway did one thing and that was helped me to appreciate QC's with 250 degree water running through them....you learn quick to watch the hoses on olefin too... I'll post some more pictures when I get the whole thing set up... I chose to not get Duane vac reel but the real narrow, tall one. I have used those from day one and they save tremendous space....
The blower is a 4005 running at 3400 rpm...I set the vac at 15" hg...
I got to see one of the HX that Duane is building, beautifully done, especially with the tubing being stainless in the exchanger...

Best to all, Richard R.

RichardnTn

Oh the Food........\
We went to "Taste of New York" first day.....great food..
It got dark on us and so I just stayed another night (Duane Paid for it)and the next day, we ate at the Rib Ranch... I am a rib fanatic and there are no words to describe those ribs.... Didn't get to try the burrito place but I heard about it.... Even if your just going thru Atlanta, check out the rib place.... Richard R.

Matt King

Sweet machine! I like the heater... LP sure is nice for the cold winters here in the midwest. Good luck!

Fon Johnson

LOL

I used to wake up in the middle of the night craving the Rib Ranch.
On our next trip to Florida, we are timing our departure so that we hit Atlanta at lunch time. We are going to stop at Willy's for burritos!

Now I'm having dreams about that simple h/e machine hitting 230 at the wand..

Glad you're happy with her. Simplicity and performance. There are a LOT
of happy people running his machines..

RichardnTn

Ive run all the major slide-ins and thought it was time for one where I could fix with the parts I got laying around....and not have to be a contortionists to get to a part....Richard R.

RichardnTn

Thanks Larry, In a short while, I'm gonna get me a set of Greenie's Glides...well, really for the wife's anniversary.... Again, good talking to you at PWF...Richard R.

G

Its amazing how nice and simple that machine looks.

Do Duane's machines have any type of system in place to keep them from overheating? Like if you have to set the wand down for more than 2 or 3 minutes will the thing blow up or shut down?

Farenheit251

Curt, Duane's machines don't overheat. Water must be flowing for the burner to come on,secondly there is a thermostat which turns off the heater when the desired temp is reached. Brian E

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Hey, Richard...

Enjoyed the visit and the "journey" we shared. The Rib Ranch is pretty famous among my customers. (I also had them cater SummerFest when it was here in Atlanta.)

Curt...

In addition to the temperature control mentioned above, there is a thermo sensor on the system bypass (the red hose leading from the pump...) that monitors bypass temperature and opens at 145 degrees to send water to the waste tank, which allows cool water to come from the water tank. It takes about 3 minutes for it to open in bypass and remains open for about 30 seconds, until closing again.

I've been building them this way since 1996, in terms of that thermo sensor.

Duane

BTW... The first exchanger system (the one with continuous pump- out) is being built on a frame that's almost identical to the one in the picture. Same (20 ") width, but 44" long (vs. 58"), because there's no heater between the motor and recovery tank.

The next one (patent in progress...) is 24" wide and 62" long, with the recovery tank being on the back of the frame similar to Richard's machine above, but 80 gal. (If you saw a previous "PowerPak" (like John Nava's), that I built from 1997 to 2001, that's very much what it will look like. But it will have a square tube frame and hinged face plate like the Predator's have... more refined in appearance.)

G

Nice looking machine there. As close as I am to DooDaddy I have never ate at the rib place. The real question will be asked long after everthing is said and done Will DooDaddy be remembered for his machines or the food he serves to his clients :)

After comparing yours to mine I like the stainless gas line idea. Simple and elegant.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Hey, Duane...

The gasoline line is an idea I came up with about 3 years ago, when I routed it in gasoline hose, but had some difficulty with, so I dropped the idea for a while. About a year ago, I worked it out, when I went to metal tubing, so I re- implemented it.

The idea is that the gasoline hookup is actually at the rear of the system, next to the wall. So there is no need to "fish" a hose under the van, which makes installs simpler. The actual gas hose, between the tank and system, is about 2 feet long...

That tube (and all of them, now), is 5/16", not 1/4". So is the pickup tube that is used to tap the tank, and the hose between the metal tube and the fuel filter of the Kohler. Since we changed to that, there has been no need for a fuel pump on any of the systems that have it. (I got the idea from my focus on airflow in the system, and thought that the principle should apply to fuel supply as well... and it did.... kinda like Greenie's 2.5" hose idea... larger hose = less resistance...)

That means one less thing to go wrong, and no fire hazard potential from a fuel pump "feeding" a fire of any kind. The Kohler fuel pumps have enough power to pull through that tube, from a gas tank. We haven't installed a system with a fuel pump in a couple of years, now...

T

The Magician

Nice machine. I think the Dominator is one of the best machines out there.
Superior heat and flow with good vacuum.

Becker

Name
Becker
Can you make the pics a little bigger? I', having hard time seeing them.

BTW, looks like a cool set up.

The Preacher

I'm surprised someone in this industry who makes TM's hasn't snatched up DooDaddy, he is like the artist who gets rich after he's gone!

RichardnTn

Becker, Sorry about that..... Computer crashed an I lost my photo shop that I was using...haven't replaced it yet.... But I will work on it...Richard R

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
I bet that machine makes you a ton of money. Congrates!!! What is the blower size?

RichardnTn

It's a 4005.... The continuous pump out helps with the vac since the tank is so small....Richard

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
So it pumps out all the time? Are you going to run 2.5 inch hose? I think even I could work on that machine. Simple is good.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom