Nifty Glide

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
My thinking was the bigger the opening, the more moisture pulled up.

it's a "slot velocity" thing, Nick.
smaller the opening, the faster the velocity.

here's the thing though, not a soul has been able to demonstrate more solution recovery from one glide to the next.
(should be easy AF with a porty)

The reason no one has said "my porty pulled X amount more solution on same carpet w/hole glide", is because there's not a dime's worth of difference in reality

..L.T.A.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
it's a "slot velocity" thing, Nick.
smaller the opening, the faster the velocity.

here's the thing though, not a soul has been able to demonstrate more solution recovery from one glide to the next.
(should be easy AF with a porty)

The reason no one has said "my porty pulled X amount more solution on same carpet w/hole glide", is because there's not a dime's worth of difference in reality

..L.T.A.
All these bits really help a noob paint a clearer picture, appreciate it.

But Dolly did you know that Mike's glide is green and it doubles as a glory hole for the modestly hung carpet cleaner? From what I gather it's crunchy and pleasurable..

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
All these bits really help a noob paint a clearer picture, appreciate it.

But Dolly did you know that Mike's glide is green and it doubles as a glory hole for the modestly hung carpet cleaner? From what I gather it's crunchy and pleasurable..

don't get me wrong, glides are one of the most wonderful things to come down the pike in years.
The shoulders they save, are your own and worth their weight in gold
and if I needed one, green glides would be the only one I'd buy

BUTT....

most of the drying claims are hooey.
I've done the side by side evals
The others haven't, they just parrot the party line

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
don't get me wrong, glides are one of the most wonderful things to come down the pike in years.
The shoulders they save, are your own and worth their weight in gold
and if I needed one, green glides would be the only one I'd buy

BUTT....

most of the drying claims are hooey.
I've done the side by side evals
The others haven't, they just parrot the party line

..L.T.A.

Bryce

I've used countless wands, and countless glide combos, and have endless conversations with cleaners all over the globe to back up my findings.

Larry has used two wands in his brief career.

We can send you home with a 530 and a hole and a slot so you can see for your self

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Bryce

I've used countless wands, and countless glide combos, and have endless conversations with cleaners all over the globe to back up my findings.

We can send you home with a 530 and a hole and a slot so you can see for your self

well then, Mr Eggspurt of all things.
why not put a porty to good use and give us some REAL solution recovery data? ....instead of antidotal parroting from the pack of "endless cleaners" that have never done so

How 'bout it?

why don't you do that to prove me wrong?
Or...prove to yourself how much more is recovered in reality.

..L.T.A.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
well then, Mr Eggspurt of all things.
why not put a porty to good use and give us some REAL solution recovery data? ....instead of antidotal parroting from the pack of "endless cleaners" that have never done so

How 'bout it?

why don't you do that to prove me wrong?
Or...prove to yourself how much more is recovered in reality.

..L.T.A.

I'll get to it as soon as I'm finished with my tests to determine which is faster, a tortoise or a hare.

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Bryce

Thanks Mike I've been planning on it. I'd probably be hard pressed to find many folks under the sun who understand it better than you, and I'm confident your set up is the bees knees. I'm also learning a lot from everybody's critiques and recommendations though.

jeffexe

Name
jeff
I have used the evolution glide, the Green Glide slotted and a Bristor glide slotted.. Quite honestly I do not see any difference in dry times or production rates. However, I am very meticulous in my process.

Reactions: Bryce C

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
An AW, and a PCti and what else went through this rigouros scientific testing??

16" drag wand too
are you trying to suggest the latest "de jour" wands are so different that there actually is a MEASURABLE difference in recovery with slot vs hole?

Love to hear the revolutionary changes that occurred in airflow dynamics of suckmops

are you really trying to say there's THAT much difference in SS or your current WGCCW Mikeywand?

seriously?!?

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
I have used the evolution glide, the Green Glide slotted and a Bristor glide slotted.. Quite honestly I do not see any difference in dry times or production rates. However, I am very meticulous in my process.

You don't see a difference in three slotted glides?

Why would you?

Mikey P

Administrator
16" drag wand too
are you trying to suggest the latest "de jour" wands are so different that there actually is a MEASURABLE difference in recovery with slot vs hole?

Love to hear the revolutionary changes that occurred in airflow dynamics of suckmops

are you really trying to say there's THAT much difference in SS or your current WGCCW Mikeywand?

seriously?!?

..L.T.A.

I have zero need or desire to debate vacuum chamber design and jet angles with a dry waller.

• Eyeroll
Reactions: Dolly Llama

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Sorry Larry

I'm in Greenville with lots to att

have fun and don't get drunk

when you get home, send me a WGCC MikeyWand with one slot and one hole glide
I'll do it here with my pos mytee dual 3-stage porty with calibrated 5 gal buckets and moisture meter
mid wt nylon cut pile (in the bedrooms) and cut pile poly crap (living room)

😉

..L.T.A.

Mikey P

Administrator
have fun and don't get drunk

when you get home, send me a WGCC MikeyWand with one slot and one hole glide
I'll do it here with my pos mytee dual 3-stage porty with calibrated 5 gal buckets and moisture meter
mid wt nylon cut pile (in the bedrooms) and cut pile poly crap (living room)

😉

..L.T.A.
Does a portable have the ability to truly show a Glides benefit?

Will yours cause your wand to lock down?

Is your AW spraying straight down, into the backing?

Bryce C

Name
Bryce
Does a portable have the ability to truly show a Glides benefit?

Will yours cause your wand to lock down?

Is your AW spraying straight down, into the backing?
My PEX 500 has two smaller 3 stage vac motors and a 500 psi pump on one of it's two 20 amp circuits. So not really max vac for a 2 circuit portable since circuit two is entirely devoted to the 2000 watt inline heater. Hardly ever lock down but enough vac for proper extraction and decent dry times depending on my psi and rate of travel.

Do you think for now the immediate benefits I'll notice using my portable and the Chosen Wand with a Green Hole Glide will be less resistance and chatter, and a touch more suck? Maybe better coverage each stroke with the slightly wider effective vacuum surface? Then more noticeable benefits to come later when I get a quality truckmount?

Last edited:

Mikey P

Administrator
Mike, just stop it.
You said a hole glide makes a big difference "especially with a porty"
Those are your words

..L.T.A.

Stop what Larry, does YOUR porty creat lock down?
Does your wand spray straight down?
What PSI does it reach?

It's not like I'm going to send you anything, just interested in your current cleaning equipment.

While it's cool that you did some testing, betweenisa and I, just how many cleaners do you think we've spoken to over the years to assess our findings?

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
A glide of any type makes a big difference in how well the wand works as well how much water you extract. I have a couple of high performance portables with dual 3-stage vac motors. I use primarily a slot or hybrid glide. Tried a hole glide but found it clogs too easily, even though I vacuumed. The glides make it much easier to move the wand with less stress on the body. I have found that using a Teflon glide improves my recovery rate in 2 ways. One, I seem to recover more solution than I do without a glide using the same amount of strokes. Two, it is so easy moving the wand, I often do multiple dry strokes to improve my drying times. I don't think a hole glide is necessary on a portable of any type. Even on a truck mount, a hybrid is about as far as I would go.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I mean this as no unintended lack of respect, but you didn’t vacuum very well if your hole glide got clogged. Don’t blame the glide for your homeowner skills in vacuuming.
I'm sure I don't vacuum as well as you. If I just get the visible debris off, I'm happy. The wand will do the rest, unless you have a hole glide.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm sure I don't vacuum as well as you. If I just get the visible debris off, I'm happy. The wand will do the rest, unless you have a hole glide.
He doesn't comprehend what the suction on a tm can do. I think he doesn't have any hobbies, so he just loves spending about 2hrs of his time to clean 2 rooms

Mikey P

Administrator
At price point one would think you might see a difference in performance of any kind.

Some put value in:

Better fit.
Longevity.
The made in the USA Original vs a malicious chinese knock off.
5 plus additional CNC cuts per design.
Phone support from an actual carpet cleaner.
Who won't cuss you or your wife out if you don't leave him a review.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Anyone that depends solely on a hole glide only is a moron.

I don’t market to these kind of jobs, but they come every now and then. Slotted is needed

Attachments

• IMG_6162.mov
    16 MB
  • IMG_6161.mov
    34.6 MB

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom