Nissan NV Issue UPDATE

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
I had the electrical wiring harness replaced about a month - 2 months ago .. same issue popped up a couple weeks ago !! I took it in today .. they discovered a couple of my lightbulb filiments were separating which was causing the short. They are thinking it is quite possible the vibration of my machine may have something to do with this.

Ive had the same machine for 14 years and this will be the first. Maybe bulbs from China? Im just happy I didnt have to lose the van for another day. And Im wondering if they screwed up the first time replacing the harness instead of the bulbs.

Reactions: Mikey P

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
A vibration at just the right frequency will break bulbs. I had a garage door opener that did it. I even bought the heavy duty bulb for garage doors but it still broke the Filament. I finally gave up on the light. The opener seemed the same as any other as far as vibration.

Gene

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
Had the van we sold to my Brother just activate the security system of the van yesterday...

Couldn't figure it out though all procedures.

Mechanic could not access all codes or even the codes on the motor.

My brother Dave Saiger decided to climb under the van to try and arc across the starter.

He found the wires to the starter were loose...

That's all it took to activate the security... Unreal!

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Yeah - no charge for either visit.

Im wondering if it was the filiment all along .. so they may have replaced the harness for no reason. The phone message was a little weird - he says when they discovered the issue, they were able to recreate the issue then added they were not able to duplicate/recreate the first time. Almost as to say," dont think we missed it and wasted your time the first time" kind of excuse !! Oh well !!

My mount sits on 3/4 in plywood - Im thinking that would absorb some of the vibration .. unless were ultrisonically waving thru the air ... is that even possible?

Ive had the same mount for 14 years no bulb issues .. gotta be a Nissan crappy bulb issue !! Who knows !! Im just happy to move along at this point without down time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom