No Carpet Cleaners in this home services magazine

Mikey P

Administrator
PXL_20231209_034805459.jpgPXL_20231209_034842020.jpgPXL_20231209_034850503.jpgPXL_20231209_034904357.jpgPXL_20231209_034911070.jpgPXL_20231209_034825815.jpg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'm
The world has changed beyond what cleaners could have imagined a decade or so ago.

We don't fear the future because it happens a day at at time. But if we don't adapt, we can become the boiled frog.

That's not really a "thing", by the way. A frog WILL jump out of hot water. Humans? Not so much...
I'm assuming you're using this as a parable saying that it's a waste of money to spend big advertising $$$$ on an ad like this sitting on the counters of real estate offices, insurance offices, and grocery stores

Reactions: Walrus Gumboot

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm

I'm assuming you're using this as a parable saying that it's a waste of money to spend big advertising $$$$ on an ad like this sitting on the counters of real estate offices, insurance offices, and grocery stores

No, and I apologize if my cryptic answers aren't always helpful.

I was speaking to the broader issue of how carpet cleaning services have dwindled in the face of hard surface choices. We have a number of Gen X carpet cleaners who still think we are in the marketplace as it was from 1990 to 2000.

Those are the "boiling frogs"

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm

Here in Retirement Valley, we get subjected to at least three mailed out magazines that are literally nothing but ads for home services, not even a phony AI article highlighting the sucker who paid for the cover... Lol

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Were I still in the cleaning business, I'd sooner put a on a sandwich board with the words: "I Clean Your Floors" and scream the same on a street corner while ringing a clapper bell.

+

Reactions: SamIam

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
At least twice a year, I get calls from advertisers trying to sell me ad space for magazines given to golfers at these golf courses and also ads put on shopping carts in grocery stores that are quickly covered with purses and groceries.

So many other productive places to spend money on your business logo

Mikey P

Administrator
At least twice a year, I get calls from advertisers trying to sell me ad space for magazines given to golfers at these golf courses and also ads put on shopping carts in grocery stores that are quickly covered with purses and groceries.

You mean to tell me that a group of golfers out on the course aren't discussing who they should call to get their carpeting clean at that very moment?

Hard to believe..

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Were I still in the cleaning business, I'd sooner put a on a sandwich board with the words: "I Clean Your Floors" and scream the same on a street corner while ringing a clapper bell.

+
I'm willing to bet you'd sell more jobs than expected.

I feel we need to get back into the shaking hands type of marketing. so many people are just depending fully on paying for ads and "SEO" (whatever that means), when they should be getting out there, physically showing their face and meeting potential clients.

Laziness

SamIam

Name
sam miller

Back of receipts are the best............

Said no one ever!

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I'm willing to bet you'd sell more jobs than expected.

I feel we need to get back into the shaking hands type of marketing. so many people are just depending fully on paying for ads and "SEO" (whatever that means), when they should be getting out there, physically showing their face and meeting potential clients.

Laziness
Like be that Creeper at the school pretending to pick kids and be in full uniform.

Hay creeper what do you do?

Cholo fit fool

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

A smarter guy than me told me that this was the secret to sales success:

*) (* x 10

"Two people, belly to belly, 10 times a day"

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Like be that Creeper at the school pretending to pick kids and be in full uniform.

Hay creeper what do you do?

Cholo fit fool
huh?

If that's what you first noticed reading my comment, then you and Damon too, need to get out of California

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Honestly, Marty you have been in business so long, you should no longer need to advertise. Your phone should be ringing all the time.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Do you send 6 months reminder cards?
NO, I stopped all advertising. I am busier than I want to be. Not complaining but I've reached an awesome point in my business. Yes, I could grow bigger if I want, but I'm happy with my current work flow. Life is good.

Mikey P

Administrator
NO, I stopped all advertising. I am busier than I want to be. Not complaining but I've reached an awesome point in my business. Yes, I could grow bigger if I want, but I'm happy with my current work flow. Life is good.

And to think, you would have never caught your Spirit Animal if not for me

When do my tires arrive?

• Haha
Reactions: Papa John

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Press the flesh..

Introverts like myself takes a toll on my mental health.. Some people as draining, more so than others..

I well understand.

My business requires constant interactions with customers, students, suppliers, employees, business service providers...it is endless.

By the weekend, I just need to disappear.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
when we first started we found out that the largest real estate firm had monthly meetings where they would bring in a service provider of some sort. So we did a demo at one of the meetings and found that real estate agents are gold mines.

We also cleaned the carpet in the home where the customers owned a small mom and pop carpet store. We got tons of referrals from them

When we did restoration, we found out that insurance agents needed so many learning credits to keep their license. So we did a seminar on restoration claims.

I do have to admit that we did do Yellow Pages for about the first ten years.

So when I see a carpet cleaner ask where they should spend their advertising dollars,
:hopeless:

Mikey P

Administrator
when we first started we found out that the largest real estate firm had monthly meetings where they would bring in a service provider of some sort. So we did a demo at one of the meetings and found that real estate agents are gold mines.

We also cleaned the carpet in the home where the customers owned a small mom and pop carpet store. We got tons of referrals from them

When we did restoration, we found out that insurance agents needed so many learning credits to keep their license. So we did a seminar on restoration claims.

I do have to admit that we did do Yellow Pages for about the first ten years.

So when I see a carpet cleaner ask where they should spend their advertising dollars,
:hopeless:
We did all thhose with great success too, and they all dried up when review sites became popular

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I went through our the Valpak coupons the other day for the first time in long time! There was a time where you would find 4-5 carpet cleaners in every mailing! This time though, there wasn't a single one. It kind of surprised me.

There were at least 3 for duct cleaning, each competing with the others to see who would be the cheapest.

Mikey P

Administrator
I went through our the Valpak coupons the other day for the first time in long time! There was a time where you would find 4-5 carpet cleaners in every mailing! This time though, there wasn't a single one. It kind of surprised me.

There were at least 3 for duct cleaning, each competing with the others to see who would be the cheapest.

Our Pak has two, Stanley and Evergreen, a 30 truck outfit in Reno

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom