Not getting chemical draw on Maxx

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I've tried the following to no avail.

Disasembled the chem pump. Seals, flapper and check valves are ok
Today on Hydramasters advice changed the brass check valve on the hi psi manifold.

It seems to prime once in a while. The priming tube starts pulsing but when it goes to on the needle stays on the bottom (no sucky sucky).

Any ideas?. I put a dema valve at the exit and works ok for now but I'm sure it will be jacked up with the heat soon.

Albert

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I would think the 3 way valve is bad (at least that was the problem when I had a MAXX) that is the little knob that has the prime, feed and off positions

everfresh1

Name
Jamie Cohen
steve frasier said:
I would think the 3 way valve is bad (at least that was the problem when I had a MAXX) that is the little knob that has the prime, feed and off positions

Thats was my thought, Does your valve leak when you prime?

T

The Magician

Check for leaks and change the diaphram in the last step chemical injection.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
WHEN IS THE LAST TIME YOU CHARGED THE (PULSE DAMPENER) OR (ACCUMULATER)

Had the same problem with my Prochem......did everything you have & finally changed
the accumulator....Now chemical draw is better than ever....Hope this HELPS...

ps I had no bouncing of the solution hose....just sucking enough air to cause the chemical
pump to lose its prime.

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
Finally got around to checking the few suggestions out this Sunday. Hoses do not leak and 3 way valve appears to be working.

Here's the thing though, it primes ok. When you bring it back to the on position the little metal piece inside the chemical thing drops even after keying the way, but it is actually drawing now. I did about 1 1/2 hours on it today and the 5 gallon tank was at about 1/2 mark.

Any ideas as to why the metal piece is not adjusting?

Albert

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom