Number one reason you WANT (or have) a Vortex.

Number one reason you WANT (or have) a Vortex.

• I NEED to dual wand.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I got a jacked up F150 and it's still too small

• I have zero faith in Aero Tech's future and want local service from BlueLINE

• All of the above.

• Total voters

Greenie

I'm with Lee on this one, all it would take to put a wrinkle in BL's panties is for Toro to make an offer on a big name in our industry, as an example envision powerclean being owned by Toro, they would have the capital to take production to the limits.

G

This one is a no brainer...Toro could simply and easily slaughter BL. Toro has assets of 1.1 Billion (CAN$) and trailing 12 month revenue of $1.7 Billion. They have been in biz for a long time and have the resources to run BL down quick. Toro simply buys another company (easy for them) and hunt down BL in the marketplace. Or, they could simply wrap a few bucks around every machine for a while and just kill the vortex and leave the rest of BL alone. How many vorticies (Is that the plural) would sell if the AT was selling at $55-65K??? I have no idea of BL's assets or ether's cash position (BL is a privately held co), but I'll bet a round of drinks at Winterfest that Toro has them by more than 10-1.

What if there was a lawsuit...Toro could drag it out and bankrupt BL, haven't we seen this movie before???

Mick's soon to come reply that the Whoretex is better and will win simply don't does not hold true...Apple is better than PC and Betamax was better than VHS. Many companies in our (and other) industry have made millions selling garbage.

G

Mickey...I love ya and admire your loyalty, but your ticket simply has the weaker pony's number on it.

AT does not have to be profitable every quarter. TORO does, and they do, based on my research. TORO runs AT at a loss to cripple BL, while making hundreds of millions with the other holdings.

How long would BL last against a 55-65K AT?

Then when BL crumbles, AT becomes profitable. Many companies do this to crush smaller, underfunded competition.

AT might not do this, but they sure could if they wanted.

JohnnyV

Yeah,Piss off the right people and money is no object. Thats how Wal-Mart does it. You know that if there is money in something, someone will soon follow suit. Look at all the Home Depot's and Lowes building in their backyard. They Both ran Home Quarters out of business pretty quick. If Vortex is profitable, someone will get into their market in one way or the other. If not AT someone else. How many units is BL delivering per month now?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
"This one is a no brainer...Toro could simply and easily slaughter BL"

YEAH, and HD/ chemdry is going to put us all out of business!

i could care less about AT-Vortex rivalry i liked the people at AT nice friendly and Knowledgeable. i really didn't like the placement of the heat exchanger right where i wanted to put equipment it was clear to me that AT customer service was/is better than vortex. i went with vortex because i liked the layout of the truck better and BL/ vortex innovation's for 2007 also maintenance and repairs my Vortex can now be handled locally by not one but two authorized distributors with-in two miles of my shop

G

Rhyde...There is a huge difference between service businesses and capital equipment businesses.

I agree that HRI/CD can't put us ALL out of business, but here's something they could do...

NOTE: Ken I'm just using your company as an example, and not wishing this on ya!

HR/CD can't attack us all, but they could easily take out any ONE of us they want, or any MARKET (geographic) they want. How about if they went after Ken. They go into his market with corp owned franchises and run the same specials he does only have a price of 19.99 and not Ken's 99.95. Do they lose money? OF COURSE, but the rest of the company absorbs these losses , it really hurts Ken and eventually with the margins being minimal in this biz model he's gone. When Ken's gone they raise prices and have market share

NEVER underestimate the power of DEEP POCKETS!!!

I'll entertain opposing viewpoints with supporting statements.

G

Mike,

You really need to get over it. You are getting wrong numbers. I talk to many people that buy Aero Techs and they sell more than 1 per month. I have no idea how many they sell but can tell you that the person telling you this information is lying.

Aero Tech is in this business for the long haul and it's too bad you are not openminded. They are a great company and would never throw one of their supporters under the bus like blueline did with you.

You will never hear an Aero Tech owner in a cold climate say their box is freezing up. Every year this happens to Vortex owners because Vortex doesn't tell them they need box heaters and Shawn tells them they shouldn't clean when it's below 20 degrees.

Aero Tech has different heater options, you can completely customize anything on the truck easily and they can please those hard to please customers like Redbird.

Even if Vortex is selling more trucks than Aero Tech, when everyone realizes how much better service is received from Aero Tech the pendalum will swing the other way.

Jon Don would be my distributor and they couldn't even do a tune up on my performer 405 without screw ups. I wouldn't want them working on my truck even if they are within 30 minutes of my office.

I try not to speak up anymore but it gets quite annoying hearing how Aero Tech will soon be out of business when you don't have any facts to support that.

If you claim that Blueline is selling 10 trucks per month then give about 35 names. That's about how many new Vortex owners there should be so far.

Dave

Billy

Name
BH
I actually agree with chuck on this. If AT wanted to they could win the rivalry with no problem from my research. I will say this any company in this day & time can be closed doesn't matter how big they are or how small they are. I have had long conversations over the last few months with AT & AT owners. My next truck mount is being researched to death since I didn't do anything with the first one but listen to a distributor.

AT has never I repeat never used a negative comment against Vortex or Blueline while dealing with me. I have even tried to convince them they need to stand up for their selves against all the gossip & lies. They really don't seem as worried about Vortex as all of us are "Seriously".

I have decided I am most likely going with an AT unless something drastic changes. I am working on a quote so I can check on Insurance etc. AT has always talked to me even though I have went back & forth on what I want. Even though I may be considered hard to please like someone else recently that was buying a Vortex. They are very open to customization on anything within there capabilities.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
I just picked up my vortex, I figure this is a good place to add my comments.

According to the guys that actually build the Vortex they are putting out one a week right now, for some reason the number 10 sticks in my head as to how many trucks they have on order at this point I’m sure that figure changes from time to time.

Most of the employees at Blueline & Vortex where building Prochem equipment 5 years ago before the castle rock, these people knew there way around TM’s before vortex came along. I was given several contacts of people at BL that worked on my truck and direct contact phone numbers if there are any problems, questions or concerns. I feel very satisfied and confident they will provide me with good customer service.

Who ever is picking up a Vortex in the next week or so here’s your truck being made Sorry…some of these pics are blurry

IMG]
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e145/ ... CN0401.jpg[/IMG]

DSCN0398.jpg

Welding booth and waste tanks under construction

DSCN0400.jpg

my truck on the road in Arizona

DSCN0405.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0398.jpg
    DSCN0398.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN0400.jpg
    DSCN0400.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN0405.jpg
    DSCN0405.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 147
G

THAT is a world class manufacturing facility???

Shit strewn everywhere on or out of boxes on pallets...

No wonder these boneheads didn't catch the wrong PTO.

Looks a little disorganized for manufacturing.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Chuck said:
THAT is a world class manufacturing facility???

Shit strewn everywhere on or out of boxes on pallets...

No wonder these boneheads didn't catch the wrong PTO.

Looks a little disorganized for manufacturing.

i guess instead of having stuff in boxes & pallets they could heap it all in one big pile in the center of the shop :roll:

The Wizard

Just Curious ...

What are the new changes, developments and options people are referring to with the Aerotech? New gauges? Grease-less blowers?

When will all this be unveiled?

Just curious.

The Wizard.

carl goodson

Here is one new item, 5 yr 175000 mile warranty on engine.

Price will be less maybe around $5,000 less
additional baffling,

rhyde

Name
rhyde
carl goodson said:
Here is one new item, 5 yr 175000 mile warranty on engine.

Price will be less maybe around $5,000 less
additional baffling,

what have you been smoking?

with the new 2007 emissions systems you'll be looking at an aditional 5K ...if you are Lucky

carl goodson

Lets try this again for the mental midgets.

They are putting the AT into a new truck.
The new truck has 5 year 175,000 mile warranty on the engine.
The warranty and truck are better than the Nissan's.
The cost on the new truck will lower AT's price by about $5,000.00 or 5k.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
if you formulate your posts with some information it might help ...just a little?

"They are putting the AT into a new truck. "

and that truck would that be?

"The warranty and truck are better than the Nissan's. "

of course it is, cheaper is always better :roll:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom