OK ALREADY! I'm Looking At It.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
ENOUGH already! I'm looking (and just looking) at a used TM that Ron Marriott has for sale. A Prochem - Avenger with a little over 1000 hours in a dodge van. Van's got some miles on it, but it seems to be in decent shape. I'm just not sure that unless I market to a different sector it'll get a lot of work and I know it will be useless in my high rise accounts which make up half or better of my work. I'm 60 now and retirement isn't that far off , although I'd go crazy without a reason to get moving - AND it's like eating a bunch of crow too .:icon_redface: Damn feathers make me gag.....

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
My first truck mount was this little underpowered thing and it changed my life! The portable can go in the van as a back up and for the high rise work...but you are not going to want to go back to a portable as a full time thing again.

Reactions: Willy P

Willy P

Name
Willy P
And that isn't to say I don't believe in electric units being the wave of the future. Today's portables and the 45 psi 3 stage unit I started with are insanely different. The puny heaters that first came out and the hot water I get now from my heaters are night and day.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
My first truck mount was this little underpowered thing and it changed my life! The portable can go in the van as a back up and for the high rise work...but you are not going to want to go back to a portable as a full time thing again.

I can't see a lot of choice Bob - I built my business on inaccessible areas for truck mounts. I do some residential, but I find skywalking in the high rise in market that's poorly served to be where I landed for the most part. I upped the game with heaters, good pumps / vacuum and it all sorta fell in my lap. My customer loyalty is amazing and I'm finding it hard to jump in the deep end of the lake. I dunno.

Reactions: EDS

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I'm 60 now and retirement isn't that far off
Retirement? No...I've sort of been doing that and I hate it! I'm going to go out and build a brand new business and enjoy every minute of it...with a big truck mount and zippers, rotary tools and whatever else. Hauling water in buckets...I did that and it broke me down. At our age it is better to have equipment that makes us productive and gives our customers the best job we can give them...and yes, sometimes that can be a portable...but you will enjoy this business much more with a good truck mount.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I think you'll still wear yourself out on that avenger. The blower isn't that big on it, meaning you'll do more wand passes, and I don't remember anyone bragging about the heat either. That just sounds like a truck mount that can be beat with a good portable. Keep your eyes open for a good Peak, Titan, or Apex. If you're in the retirement age, the truck mount needs to give you less reason to do multiple wand passes.

But if I'm wrong, I'll take a beating

SamIam

Name
sam miller
You got to do whatever is best for you and your market.

I'm sure Willy has used a truckmount at some point in his career?

And in those areas you could speed up even if it's 30% of the time it's worth it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom