OK.....I need help....

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I have exhausted every possibility and can not figure this out......
Start my machine up and peak out the RPM's.......run 150 ft of hose and walk the end back to the truck and cap it off so I can see what kind of vacuum I am getting.....she will peg just above 16 every time.....put a wand on the end and put it on the carpet and I cant get no more then 14 out of it....normally I would get close to 16
I have checked for leaks...found 2 cracked cuff's...fixed those....adjusted my relief spring.....cleaned it lubed it...and still did not feel to warm and fuzzy about it ...so screw it... I replaced it.....Truck is running good ..machine is running and sounds good...checked everything out on the blower......I would think that if I had a problem there it would not peg and hold just above 16.......checked the waste tank lid.....checked the dump valve for leaks.........
what the hell am I missing................

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Thanks alot Marty..... :roll:

We could have drug this thread for at least 2 days...... :!:

We could have analyzed,somerized, & theorized this dilema to death... :(

When you know the answer...... :wink: Please wait till you are called upon..... :lol:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
ALBERT MONROE said:
Thanks alot Marty..... :roll:

We could have drug this thread for at least 2 days...... :!:

We could have analyzed,somerized, & theorized this dilema to death... :(

When you know the answer...... :wink: Please wait till you are called upon..... :lol:

I don't need it drug on for 2 fooking days ..I have work that needs done...at least he came up with something........If you cant think of something that I need to check...then go irritate someone some where else......I am looking for an answer here..............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
in my climate..... not really......but there has to be a reason and if it is something that I am missing that could cause a bigger problem later I would really like to figure it out and head it off at the pass.....It has effected the drying time a bit but so far not enough to lose to much sleep over....I just really don't want to screw around for 2 days and find out that something stupid put my truck down.....

joe harper

Name
joe harper
JIm,

Marty gave you the right answer....You have elimanated the other possibilties...

The easiest way to confirm...is to remove the glide...and seal off the wand lips...

If the "v" returns to 16 hg...The hg "loss" has to be at the glide...

Byran Cannon was at my office with a similar problem with his A-Tech...

But his problem ended up being a worn throttle simulator...His problem was a rpm issue..

Ps..Since there was NO other response to the thread...I assumed you agreed with Marty.
There is nothing more frustrating...than not having an answer to a mechanical problem..
I was NOT...taking your situation lightly...Sorry , I irritated you..Good Luck..!

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
not your fault...it has not been a good week and trust me..it is not going to get any better for a few days.....explain the glide theory to me.....

damion68

If the loss in hg is only when wand is attached, possibly a hairline fracture in the wand?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim,

You have covered all the bases that would explain any hg drop....

In fact...if you can seal off the vac hose..and maintain solid hg..the system is sealed.

If the glide has WORN....You will lose the seal on the carpet...Thus the air escaping
around the wand will act as a relief valve...

What does the hg read....NOT sealed off....Open vac hose...about 10hg..?
When you attach the wand...Does it advance to..12hg..?
When you seal the wand to the carpet...14hg...?

HOLE glide or HYBRED....?

You have probably lost the 2hg...over a period of weeks....gradually..?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
not sealed off..just over 14....
attach the wand...no change....
put it on the carpet...just a slight change...
cap it off..just over 16

joe harper

Name
joe harper
JIm,

Those numbers are certianly with-in the normal tollerances....

I can't see any problem there....Unless your are saying that with the wand on the
carpet .....previously you were @16hg..?

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Have you recently added more 2.5 hose to the reel ..?

This could explain...the 2hg drop...when not..capped off..

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
ALBERT MONROE said:
JIm,

Those numbers are certianly with-in the normal tollerances....

I can't see any problem there....Unless your are saying that with the wand on the
carpet .....previously you were @16hg..?

correct..it has always been just above 16........at about 150 ft of vacuum hose....the wand use to scream when I would lay it down..and I started noticing it was not as load as it use to be

I do not use 2.5 hose

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Well my freind,

I am as StUmPed as you are.. :?

However....There is one more possibilty.. :idea:

The "Ole GiRl" has just lost a step...Just like US... :wink:

She has served you well...and will probably out last ....both of us... :D

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Jim, I know you said you checked all components, does that also include your inline filters? At higher hgs they might leak at the o-ring.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
all of this was done with no inline filter attached and the waste tank filters are clean....

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Jim,

As the glide wears the holes get larger allowing more air to flow plus you get the creases in it. When it hits the carpet you won't get the same seal as a newer one. Just a guess.

Gene

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
OK....I have a new glide laying around here somewhere.....I will find it and put it on for tomorrow and see if it changes..thanks for the help..........

Name
BradFenstermaker
Jim I posted but somehow it is lost.

Anyway talked with Micheal in texas earlier. About pto fluid, have you checked the screen and replaced the solenoid at the pto lately?

If flow is restricted or sole isn't operating fully this will effect the fluid flow to pto and slow it down some.

Does the blower exhaust still seem to the same noise level?

Something to check out, damn nevermind your the one who told him about it.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Its the little things that really kick my ass.......

It was the glide...snapped on a new one first thing this morning and everything shot up and went back to normal....I even forgot how hard it was to push the wand when it locks down like that..... even with a glide......I am glad I asked....another few days I might of had the UD engine sitting in the drive way.....

Thanks for every ones help....................

Name
BradFenstermaker
Well atleast you can sleep sound this weekend.

Never would have thought about a glide being the problem.

Better replace my flat hybrid.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Jim,

Now you know ...when you have a sImPle problem...!

Listen to mArtY....He has a sImPlE..."Mind"... :wink:

Glad your problem is FIXED... 8)

just kiddin marty... :mrgreen:

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
An old glide flows better than a new glide. More airflow, less Hg.

Hg is resistance. As stated above, an older glide gets burnished and polished, the scratches and gouges help increase airflow as well as the "comet tails" which naturally develop off the holes. Because it flows more air there is less resistance.

Less resistance is better on your components and more airflow is better for dry times. so leave the old glide on until it wears out, just use sandpaper to knock off the corners and bring it back into round once in a while.

Quit tweaking on the numbers and look at the results on the carpet.

Take care,
Lisa

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
i agree with lisa, you should have better dry times with the used glide than with the new glide as you will be moving air thru the hoses and wand all the time through the cuts. i have my glides on my ti with out sealant and they work great with good results.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
don't know what to tell you.......I started noticing the carpet was wetter when I got done...so that brought my attention to my vacuum gauges.....my vacuum was down when I put the wand on the floor....I talked with Mike and a few others...I called Aero Tech and we went threw everything and could not figure out why....after going threw everything and then replacing the glide........vacuum went back up and carpets were back to the normal dampness.......

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
Dry times went down? Are you sure it wasn't a more humid week? Did you change the jets while you were changing the glide? Was the glide worn flat or still rounded?

Take care,
Lisa

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom