Olive oil and Beet Juice

Custy I'm cleaning carpets for tomorrow just called and asked if I had time to do her T&G. She just spilled a whole bottle of olive oil on it tonight, and beet juice last week. I usually use boosted judsons or vipervenom. I'm probably gonna try the judsons first. What would you use? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Aaron Richards said:
Custy I'm cleaning carpets for tomorrow just called and asked if I had time to do her T&G. She just spilled a whole bottle of olive oil on it tonight, and beet juice last week. I usually use boosted judsons or vipervenom. I'm probably gonna try the judsons first. What would you use? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I would call a pro to do it.

Organic stains= Oxidixer.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
the olive oil will soak into the grout if it's unsealed and make it always look wet. I had one and tried all sorts of combos without success including a poultice. I ended up using a sealer in just that area to hide it. If you are able to remove it I would love to know how.

Gnee

RickL

Hopefully they got it up fairly quickly and they had the grout sealed. I would definately clean with a strong alkaline cleaner and as hot water as I could produce and then go over it with a
acid cleaner.
If that doesn't work you could try a poulice but I would color seal it for the best results.

Mikey P

Administrator
If the sealer is long gone be prepared to colorseal or re-grout those areas.

If there was still some sealer a heavy duty degreaser (full strength O2) should get the oil out.
Try soaking the beat juice area is some 40 vol or a poultice of sodium polycarbonate/powdered peroxide for a half hour or so.

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. She had someone else clean it a few years ago because she wasn't aware I cleaned t&g, so I'm not sure if it's sealed or not. Find out shortly!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom