One of a kind.

MR CLEAN

Name
MR CLEAN
Does anybody know where I can get more of this awesome stuff I just ran out .
image.jpeg

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
John please do not use this product.

I grew up in the dry (clothing) cleaning world. Dry cleaners used that product and many of the men my father knew in those days that used it died relatively young. Its damaging to the liver and kidneys.

People who have known me for a long time will tell you that I am not an alarmist, and that I don't over react to issues regarding chemical safety. But in this case, based on what I know about this product, I would not use it or expose myself to it under any circumstances.

This quote is from the Agency of Toxic Substances and Diseases Registry:

Carbon tetrachloride is a manufactured chemical that does not occur naturally. It is a clear liquid with a sweet smell that can be detected at low levels. It is also called carbon chloride, methane tetrachloride, perchloromethane, tetrachloroethane, or benziform. Carbon tetrachloride is most often found in the air as a colorless gas. It is not flammable and does not dissolve in water very easily. It was used in the production of refrigeration fluid and propellants for aerosol cans, as a pesticide, as a cleaning fluid and degreasing agent, in fire extinguishers, and in spot removers. Because of its harmful effects, these uses are now banned and it is only used in some industrial applications.

U.S. National Library of Medicine

Carbon tetrachloride may be found in both ambient outdoor and indoor air. The primary effects of carbon tetrachloride in humans are on the liver, kidneys, and central nervous system (CNS). Human symptoms of acute (short-term) inhalation and oral exposures to carbon tetrachloride include headache, weakness, lethargy, nausea, and vomiting. Acute exposures to higher levels and chronic (long-term) inhalation or oral exposure to carbon tetrachloride produces liver and kidney damage in humans. Human data on the carcinogenic effects of carbon tetrachloride are limited. Studies in animals have shown that ingestion of carbon tetrachloride increases the risk of liver cancer. EPA has classified carbon tetrachloride as a Group B2, probable human carcinogen.

MR CLEAN

Name
MR CLEAN
Jim you're absolutely correct. This was a joke. Customer gave it to me to look at it's from the early 60s been empty for decades. I haven't used 111 trichloroethane in 15 years

F

FB7777

LOL

In a matter of seconds you went from being the board dumbass to a typical Mikeysboard smart ass:clap:

You need large print disclaimers on these posts tho, not everyone here is playing with a full deck:stir:

Reactions: Bob Pruitt

MR CLEAN

Name
MR CLEAN
LOL

In a matter of seconds you went from being the board dumbass to a typical Mikeysboard smart ass:clap:

You need large print disclaimers on these posts tho, not everyone here is playing with a full deck:stir:
Thanks for the tip Fred

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I'm the dumbass for not catching the joke....got me good John :biggrin:

Last edited:

MR CLEAN

Name
MR CLEAN
I'm the dumbass for not catching the joke.
That's why you're the best. You Always have the exact fax . I wasn't really sure what kind of reaction I would get from that post I did it anyway thanks for playing along

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Usually its Mikey that gets me with his peculiar sense of humor. Ten years later, he still catches me flat footed.

While I still have the "Stern and Humorless Uncle Jim" podium, let me add this for all cleaners:

Your liver is the filter for the toxins you consume, breath, touch, etc. I've lost friends to liver disease, and its pretty bad way to go. Sadly, the most important one of them chose to drink her "toxin" over time, as it were, not from exposure to cleaning materials.

Back to topic: Be careful what you are using out there friends

Reactions: FB7777

MR CLEAN

Name
MR CLEAN
Is this the newest latest and greatest?

Didn't read the whole thread is there somewhere to get gallons?
Yeah call the government they have it in 55 gallon drum's they decrease engines with it especially at naval bases .

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Yeah call the government they have it in 55 gallon drum's they decrease engines with it especially at naval bases .

Wow it's not easy to decrease an engine just with some chemical. I will need that 55 gallon drum of this stuff.

Do they sell it on eBay?

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Will you be disciplining him again?

Nope. Just sticking up for him. Those that want to call someone out but don't know why they posts like that maybe could use a gentle reminder that some people have limitations that they have no control over.

Bad driving is just bad driving...no excuse for that.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I've done work in the fire alarm industry. Many years ago (way before my time, so don't start) they made fire extinguisher "grenades" - thin glass containers that were designed to be thrown at a fire. They contained salt water at first but rapidly switched to carbon tet because it was more effective at putting out the fire. I knew an old timer that kept one on his desk as a keepsake...

x33SeSoUG.sVL7njib2r.A.jpg

Name
Lee Stockwell
Usually its Mikey that gets me with his peculiar sense of humor. Ten years later, he still catches me flat footed.

While I still have the "Stern and Humorless Uncle Jim" podium, let me add this for all cleaners:

Your liver is the filter for the toxins you consume, breath, touch, etc. I've lost friends to liver disease, and its pretty bad way to go. Sadly, the most important one of them chose to drink her "toxin" over time, as it were, not from exposure to cleaning materials.

Back to topic: Be careful what you are using out there friends
I lost my little brother last year at 49 due to liver failure, in turn due to a lifetime of chemical excess.

Wasn't pleasant way to go.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I've done work in the fire alarm industry. Many years ago (way before my time, so don't start) they made fire extinguisher "grenades" - thin glass containers that were designed to be thrown at a fire. They contained salt water at first but rapidly switched to carbon tet because it was more effective at putting out the fire. I knew an old timer that kept one on his desk as a keepsake...

View attachment 16846
There is a box of those from a client's fire on the desk in front of me. That was the first I'd ever seen or heard of them until now.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Many, many years ago I worked for the phone company in a warehouse where phones were rehabilitated. I'm not 100% sure but I think that's the same stuff used to clean certain parts of the phones. I'm talking handcleaned with a rag. If it was the same stuff, the cleaning method doesn't sound safe.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Toxic to the liver, kidneys and central nervous system, suspected carcinogen, releases deadly poison phosgene gas when heated - what's not to love?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom