Online scams

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Here's a scam to watch out for. My wife is on the computer today when a message pops purporting to be from Microsoft saying we have serious problems with our computer. My wife believes them as is giving them access to our computer when they run into a roadblock and they have to call me. My wife calls me and I tell her it is a scam and hang up and disconnect the Internet cable. She doesn't and when I get home, the guy is waiting for me to call him with additional I found. I trace the number and it is from a scammer in Pakistan. I have to rush the computer to get devirused and change all the passwords on my bank accounts and credits. Here's how to tell if it's a scammer. When he says his name is Jack Glenn but he says it with an Indian accent, just think about the possibilities. MICROSOFT will never call you or pop up on you screen unless you are using Microsoft anti virus software. Even they will never ask you to call them. One of the numbers they will have you call is 1 866 683 3116. This is not a Microsoft number.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom