"organic cleaning"?

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
I don't follow the green clean trends because I find most of it comical. :mrgreen: have u green guys always used this type message to your customers? :mrgreen: i'm bidding on a tile/grout clean job tommorow, I asked the guy if he wanted his carpet cleaned as well and he said no because he noticed on my website I don't "organically clean carpet", never heard that one before ....LOL...I felt like telling him I'm not Sprouts or Trader Joe's...anyways is this a new type of marketing for u guys? :mrgreen:

Ron K

Bill if you steam clean you can tell any potential customer you can Drink what you use for your final rinse, can the organic guy? or the Host or Bonnet Guy????

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
Ron K said:
Bill if you steam clean you can tell any potential customer you can Drink what you use for your final rinse, can the organic guy? or the Host or Bonnet Guy????
I rinse with water, so yup...I can drink my final rinse...can't on nasty rentals where I use an emulisifer....

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Bill, he meant drink it from the recovery tank.
Give us a call when you're ready to do that, we'd like to come and watch :p

Send him a link to some 'healthy' or 'green seal' approved or if you can find 'organic' products that you can use, let him make the choice.
It will cost you very little to get some.
Why fight the trend?

rhyde

Name
rhyde
organic cleaning" :roll: not opposed to green cleaning unfortunately much of its not educating consumers but fear & ignorant based selling which is really too bad because it has it's place and value.

organic

(1) : of, relating to, or containing carbon compounds (2) : relating to, being, or dealt with by a branch of chemistry concerned with the carbon compounds of living beings and most other carbon compounds.

Here's a list of "Organic" compounds like butyl glycol ether is orgaonic so is Formaldehyde

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_organic_compounds

Then pitch the custy about the "toxins" in standard carpet cleaning chemicals :roll:

tox·in noun \?täk-s?n\
: a poisonous substance that is a specific product of the metabolic activities of a living organism and is usually very unstable, notably toxic when introduced into the tissues, and typically capable of inducing antibody formation

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
i don't take offense to any of the comments since i started this thread....i'm sure this green cleaner is gonna offer carpet protector as well....can u guys drink that without getting ill? if i hear he's selling protector, i'm gonna BBQ this green cleaner and take his job from him

Walt

There are a lot of people on the "Green" bandwagon. Unfortunately, most overstate and oversell looking to make an easy or quick sale - a common theme in our industry.

Just like you don't like being lumped in with all carpet cleaners, I don't like to lumped in with those types.

Name
I'm Rick James
You know green can never be achived. Its all about making things safer and more effeciant now and in the future. Many of you are already apart of the green movement and you dont even realize it. The products you use are probably built off another product that was more toxic.

I hate those that brag about the green thing, with the low moisture cleaning with no gas and so on. But in reality the resources that went in and the by product was not green..

Unless you build a TM out of wood and runs off cow farts, you can never be fully green. There are many shades of green and its part of american history to create businesses off trends.

Those who lie and mislead people are the ones that will fall to the side because they already planted the seed of their own demise.

For what I do its all about using the safest products on the market, no other BS.

For those that use butyl products, do you tell your clients that you use a known neuro toxicin that causes serious health effects? Of course if that doesnt kill you, im sure we can find many other things that will.

Anyone recall the banned cleaning products that the old timers used?

Bob Foster

Organic cleaning...... That's what Joe Harper has to do in his house after his goat has been in there all day...

supersoaker

Name
Michael Malandruccolo
Just go to whole foods and put some organic milk in your prespray.

I use RO water but it wastes half of what it produces. Now that's not very green. I sure have a "green" lawn though.

I don't believe there is no such thing as green cleaning. More like light or dark green.

I do try to use procyon as often as I can though and rinse with water for my own health. Nothing like a butylized prespray and rinse though.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I think it's all good for marketing and such to add to ones bottom line. But among ourselves as cleaners don't get caught pouring the cool aid of "green" and/or "organic" here or at any other board. I'll freekin throw it right in your face.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
I don't offer green cleaning, but I do offer "soap free" cleaning with Procyon. Even Procyon will leave a small residue.......mostly "salt' , or sodium. I got fed up with trying to find a decent pre-spray that didn't "suds" up in the waste tank. Procyon solved that problem. If soiled enough, I will add a booster to the pre-spray.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
Nero said:
For those that use butyl products, do you tell your clients that you use a known neuro toxicin that causes serious health effects? Of course if that doesnt kill you, im sure we can find many other things that will.
?

I tell the customer I use only organic butyl Ivebeensold

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
supersoaker said:
Nothing like a butylized prespray and rinse though.

There is zero reason to use a butyl prespray and risk harming your health breathing that crap in. The Grease Eraser I prespray with uses phosphates for the cleaning and nothing is safer to ingest (which we do when we prespray) than phosphates. I rinse with water from the tap, the same water I drink all day. When I dump the waste water on my or the customer's lawn, it only feeds the grass. Just avoid getting phosphates into the streams and lakes.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
rwcarpet said:
I don't offer green cleaning, but I do offer "soap free" cleaning with Procyon. Even Procyon will leave a small residue.......mostly "salt' , or sodium. I got fed up with trying to find a decent pre-spray that didn't "suds" up in the waste tank. Procyon solved that problem. If soiled enough, I will add a booster to the pre-spray.
Almost none of the detergents offered today has soap.
You will actually have to go out of your way to find soap in a modern detergent.

So the 'Soap Free" claim is meaningless. Seem to work in marketing.
It is a good and scent free product though.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Ofer Kolton said:
rwcarpet said:
Almost none of the detergents offered today has soap.
You will actually have to go out of your way to find soap in a modern detergent.

So the 'Soap Free" claim is meaningless. Seem to work in marketing.
It is a good and scent free product though.

Sorry....maybe I should have said "detergent free". If you can shake the pre-spray or solution and it foams up, I ain't using it. The only thing close to detergent I use is Grease Eraser for resturant cleaning.

Procyon works for me, and works well. It's just a little pricey.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I use 'SoapFree' by Master Blend, which is pretty similar to Procyon, works very well on many carpets.

Bee Busy

Name
Bee Busy
okay fellas? still confused on green cleaning...some of u fellas like the concept of drinking /eating the product u clean with..that's fine....if i ate off my carpet, then i guess i'll lay my chicken alfedo on the carpet and eat it off my rug correct?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom