Parker Parflex hose?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I just had a break in my solution line (luckily it was outside) and it's time to replace all 4 of my 50 ft sections. I was going to get the Hydroforce pro but I read that the Parker Parflex is a lighter hose because it's not steel braided but it can still hold up the high pressure and it doesn't explode like steel braided hose can.
Apparently most cleaners only use the Parflex for inside a home. Why is that?
Is there any drawback about using the Parker hose for the whole length from the truck?

Name
Nate W.
No draw back unless you have a High heat producing machine... It's heat ratings isn't as high as steel braided lines... I believe you have a CDS from DA Burns, correct?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
No draw back unless you have a High heat producing machine... It's heat ratings isn't as high as steel braided lines... I believe you have a CDS from DA Burns, correct?
Yes, good memory. A Dodge with the CDS. That DA Burns truck is still going strong. I had to replace a few things on it. New blower new heat exchanger some other stuff but it's a great truck and I'm kind of attached to it :). I'll try to keep it as long as I can.
So if there are no drawbacks with the Parker hose I might just get four 50ft sections. somebody on this forum wrote that that Parflex hose has a memory and that it can be a little cumbersome to deal with. Is that really true?

steve_64

I have no experience with parflex but why not get 150 ft and a 50 for inside? The 150 is a little cheaper I would think and no fittings on the reel cept for what goes inside. Easier to wrap up on a reel too.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
No problem as long as you don't mind jumping through hoops. :winky:

Yes is different. I would buy one 50ft section use it for a week then decide where to go from there.

Reactions: Russ T.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Go with a 100 ft. section and then add on 50's as you need them. If you use a whip, add on the length of the whip. John Olsen is the man to buy it from.

Reactions: JS41035

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I bought some about a year ago.

I love how light it is, it does hold heat a little better than steel braided, it also is not as hot to handle.

IT DOES NOT HANDLE THE SAME AS STEEL BRAIDED.
It has pissed me off with its memory, the colder it is the worse it is, as it warms up it does get better, but the first morning job, or when ever it is cold, laying it down in the house can be a PITA honestly.
It has held up VERY WELL and I am still using it.
If you can deal with the COIL you will love it, and it does seem to help with getting a bit more heat to the carpet fibers also

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
So the stuff just coils even over longer distances? Does that get better with time? It kind of worries me, I don't want to start knocking stuff over in peoples houses. Usually I take the first section off the reel and carry it into the home. How difficult is the Parker hose to carry when it is off the reel?
I suppose I could get started with a 50 ft section and see how it goes inside the house with that. If the coiling bothers me too much I could move it to the outside and go back to a regular hose for inside. But if I like it I'll probably get a 100 ft section for going inside( I probably should have done that all along) and a second 50. ( it's rare that I do a job with just 50 ft coming off the truck). If the Parker hose holds heat better, that is definitely a good thing for my setup.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
IT DOES NOT FIGURE 8 off the reel, I have had better luck just coiling it back up, laying in van for the next job, then at the end of the day put it back on the reel

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
If your gonna go for it just go the whole 100-120 feet getting less is not gonna get rid of the coils.
If the majority of my work was furnished homes, there is a strong possibility I would go back to steel braided.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
If you run it with hot water, leave it laying straight for a couple of minutes and while still hot fold in relatively big loops, it will be much less of a problem. That is if you leave it rolled and hanging in the van like that. If you roll back on the reel, it will form the same tight "loopy" memory again.

I attach my solution hoses to the vacuum hose, no problem, less work both setting up and breaking down. Not MB approved. Oh well, I guess I've been living dangerously :winky:

Here is a compromise- run it in large loops around the freaking Shark and win multiple approval points!

Last edited:

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
It kind of sounds like the coiling thing is a big drawback. I wouldn't want to wrestle with that all day. I guess I'll stay with steel braided. Thanks for taking the time to respond :)

Name
Nate W.
It kind of sounds like the coiling thing is a big drawback. I wouldn't want to wrestle with that all day. I guess I'll stay with steel braided. Thanks for taking the time to respond :)

I hand coil my Parflex hose so I haven't had the coils issue.. I do the over,under,over and it never tangles..

You could also look into the nylon braided line that Butler uses on there High Heat units.. It's a GoodYear but not steel braided.. I was impressed with it seeing and feeling it in person..

@Brian H @Mark Saiger can chime in..

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I never coil it. I just bunge it to the bumper and drag it to the next job. This method keeps it from getting memory. :winky:

You fookers are damn crazy Loco! Its a royal pain. As much as I hate black death, steel braid is much easier to work with. Mark the date down in you Outlook to remind you to replace it.

Reactions: hogjowl

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I hand coil my Parflex hose so I haven't had the coils issue.. I do the over,under,over and it never tangles..

You could also look into the nylon braided line that Butler uses on there High Heat units.. It's a GoodYear but not steel braided.. I was impressed with it seeing and feeling it in person..

@Brian H @Mark Saiger can chime in..

Just got brand new Butler High Heat skinny hose... NOW... comes in 200 foot length too... So I got a 200 foot section and it will be on my Butler at Mikey's Fest St Petersburg FL

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
It ain't just black death (that can be easily avoided by replacing it every few years) it is also the heat marks on some carpets and the potential for bursting.
Parflex is the only way to go in the home and done correctly as described, the coiling is not an issue.

Never tried the Butler hose, be interesting to know about its "kinks" and advantages.

Name
Nate W.
I never coil it. I just bunge it to the bumper and drag it to the next job. This method keeps it from getting memory. :winky:

You fookers are damn crazy Loco! Its a royal pain. As much as I hate black death, steel braid is much easier to work with. Mark the date down in you Outlook to remind you to replace it.

Feel free to send me your old Parker hose if you didn't toss it or let it sleep with your portables....:lol:

Onfire_02_01

Name
Jeremy Gray
I have used Parker parflex exclusivly for several years now. I love the stuff and will never go back to Goodyear/Neptune hose.
I have all my hoses in 100' lengths that are hand coiled. Never could get my head around winding up on a reel at the end of a job and then having to unreal into a hand coil then uncoiling into the customer's house. But I know a lot of guys who wouldn't do it my way either.
I will walk in to the farthest point and then Unroll back to the truck. I never have problems with looping. Though I could see if you dropped loops as you walked out that a loop every couple feet woud cause problems.

You may also want to look at a hose called "synflex" it is even lighter and more flexible than parflex. The pressure rating is only 2,000 psi so my local guy will no longer carry it because the psi is too low for carpet cleaning. I really liked it though.

Reactions: Able 1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom