people skills are more important than cleaning skills

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I know we like to pride ourselves on being the greatest CCer's to ever sling a wand

but the truth is, the dude with the best personality and people skills coupled with just average cleaning skills will out do the world's greatest CCer with the personality of a smoked sausage

yes, some of you can learn a few things from the classes that teach how to manipulate the custy.
but the genuine "people person" types will always out do you...cause it's not a "canned" psychological manipulation tactic

..L.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Ditto Larry- that's why as they say in SFS - Hire the smile. We can teach anyone to clean carpet but only nice pople will be nice to our customers.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
God gave me the gift of gab. I'm pretty personable, and have had to learn when to shut the heck up. But them older ladies always make AWESOME cookies !gotcha! !gotcha!

damion68

Steve....its funny you say that...One of my favorite sayings has always been.....i don't like humans! To me most humans, and I, dont see eye to eye.....if you will. But thats fine, my job (which I am pretty damn good at) says............ I need to part money from stone, without lieing, cheating, or stealing it; I enjoy my job. Truth be told I wouldn't be any good at it if I wasn't allowed back in! That takes being kind, considerate, and above all else HONEST.

An honest days pay doesn't have to be a hard day......just one you enjoyed and so did the customer.

At least thats how I feel.

Mark

R

R W

Well, Larry.....with your "kinda gruff exterior", Country "old boys" ways, NE Ohio tuffness, and of course, the .45's straped to your waist, who's gonna say no???

Name
I'm Rick James
meAt said:
I know we like to pride ourselves on being the greatest CCer's to ever sling a wand

but the truth is, the dude with the best personality and people skills coupled with just average cleaning skills will out do the world's greatest CCer with the personality of a smoked sausage

yes, some of you can learn a few things from the classes that teach how to manipulate the custy.
but the genuine "people person" types will always out do you...cause it's not a "canned" psychological manipulation tactic

..L.T.A.

Great post Larry. This job is 20% cleaning and 80% customer service. I would go a step further and say personal image, body language, smelling of smoke and eye contact are equally important. I see some local O/O that that just look shady.

Mikey P

Administrator
and when god is in a real good mood he creates a icon of perfection like me.

Thew World's Greatest Carpet Cleaner

and

The World's Greatest Lovable Shmoozer.

Name
Ron lippold
if you care anyone can learn. Dale c how to win friends and influence people. among several others. go do a 13 week class with dale c and you will be amazed

Chris A

Name
Chris
Damn Skippy, that's why so many kick-ass technicians have less than stellar businesses...

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
It is not what you say to people......it is how you say it that matters.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom